Questions Thread - June 11, 2016

Questions Thread - June 11, 2016


Questions Thread - June 11, 2016

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 05:06 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

App Feedback Thread - June 11, 2016

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 05:06 AM PDT

This thread is for getting feedback on your own apps. Please adhere to the following rules:

Developers:

  • must make top level comment
  • must include Play Store, GitHub, or BitBucket link
  • must make effort to respond to questions and feedback from commenters
  • may be open or closed source

Commenters:

  • must give constructive feedback in replies to top level comments
  • must not include links to other apps

To cut down on spam, accounts who are too young or do not have enough karma to post may be filtered pending manual approval.

As always, the mod team is only a small group of people, and we rely on the readers to help us maintain this subreddit. Please report any rule breakers. Thank you.

- Da Mods

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Modern Android Programming

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 09:30 PM PDT

Where do I start if I have an idea for creating an app?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 08:43 PM PDT

I have been talking to a friend and came up with an idea for an app that for all accounts I cannot find anyone else doing like this. But... I've never run a business and don't know coding. I know some friends who do some coding and I know a few lawyers and a couple people that have run businesses but... Are there places for advice I should look at first? Things I should consider? I have seen posts before of other people that have had success but I cannot find them. I feel so clueless and I really think it would be perfect right now for people and could be successful. Please give whatever advice you can. Thanks!

submitted by /u/jew-ler
[link] [comments]

Android Studio should come with multiple icons in it's .ico file.

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 05:38 AM PDT

I'm sure I'm not the only one here maintaining multiple Android Studio installations. I always have both the latest from the stable channel and the latest from the canary channel.

What I find irritating is that there's only one icon available in the .ico package, and this makes hard to distinguish the links in my taskbar.

Is there someone here willing to share a cool alternative icon?

submitted by /u/nasuellia
[link] [comments]

Turning my class website into an app

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 05:15 PM PDT

Hello everyone. I'm a teacher and I have my own website (which is in the form of a wordpress blog). I post on my blog every time they have homework, but the little wieners always claim to have forgotten or whatever. I'd like to make an app that gives them alerts on their phone every time I post on my blog. That gives them fewer excuses. Is this something that can be done reasonably easily and cheaply? Thanks so much!

(There is also a messageboard attached to the website. I assume there's no reason to app-iffy that. They can already access it as a mobile site.)

submitted by /u/DrippingYellowMadnes
[link] [comments]

Not receiving Google Play in app purchase payments?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 04:40 PM PDT

I have been testing in app purchases on my app, i've made about 8 payments usind a different google account that came out of my bank, but I haven't received these payments or any notification for them

submitted by /u/zigglr
[link] [comments]

What is best practice for saving consumable purchases within an app?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 02:32 PM PDT

Let's say a quiz game has an option to use a "skip" card that let's you skip a question without penalty. You start with 5 or 10 and after they're all used, they're out completely.

If the user goes to the play store and buys a pack of, say, 20 "skip cards", how would you go about keeping track of when they were used and how many are remaining? Shared preferences or any other local storage doesn't seem like the best idea here since all of the information would be lost if they cleared the app data.

What's the best way to do this?

submitted by /u/John_E_Depth
[link] [comments]

Android Incent Traffic Start From 0.11$ - By AskTolik

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 08:10 PM PDT

How to start of with an Android custom theme design app?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 04:13 PM PDT

There are apps that let users choose separate skins for there android menus and screens.How to get started with developing an app like this? I've been googling but can't figure out anything can you guys point me in direction?

submitted by /u/ziggs3
[link] [comments]

Is there an Android framework or approach for knowing what files are audiobooks and what are music?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 11:18 AM PDT

Likewise, is there an approach to group together sub files of audiobooks easily (e.g. Harry Potter Part 1, Harry Potter Part 2)?

submitted by /u/DeveloperMatt
[link] [comments]

How can I know if some specific API/methods cause problems with some vendor's devices?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 12:22 AM PDT

PSA: Dont Use Espresso Idling Resources like Google does - Philosophical Hacker

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 09:34 AM PDT

Is there any library for a videplayer widget?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 03:13 AM PDT

The official videoView is ugly and there doesn't seem to be any alternative on github.

submitted by /u/devandro
[link] [comments]

Bootloop in ROM Build. Help with debugging?

Posted: 11 Jun 2016 09:37 AM PDT

Could you help tell me what's wrong with the wrong? I'm trying to help debug a ROM but I'm the world's biggest N00B.

http://pastebin.com/raw/yinPSg8k

submitted by /u/ChewyPanda3
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - June 11, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.