[DEV] Quote RSS reader is now Newsfold

[DEV] Quote RSS reader is now Newsfold


[DEV] Quote RSS reader is now Newsfold

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 03:17 AM PDT

Hello folks!

A couple of months ago I released version 1.0 of my news reader, Quote. https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/4ea01x/dev_quote_rss_reader_with_feedly_and_inoreader/

Unfortunately for the last few weeks I've been dealing with trademark issues regarding the "Quote" denomination, so today I'm introducing a new brand for the app.

Quote is now called Newsfold and it sports an awesome new icon designed by Michael from Cookicons.co.

The new update also introduces a couple of new features:

  • A new internal web browser powered by Chrome Custom Tabs
  • A quick shortcut to mark all articles as read at the bottom of an article list

The update should be available on the Play Store very soon.

Enjoy!

submitted by /u/mttvll
[link] [comments]

Is there an app that notifies you when a paid app goes free?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 06:45 PM PDT

Hi, I was wondering if there exists an app that tracks apps on the google play store and tells you when one goes free for a limited or extended period of time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ZtrikeR21
[link] [comments]

Fleksy Isn’t Dead, Should Have Biggest Updates in “Next Couple Weeks”

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 06:16 AM PDT

YouTube offline now lets you pick a time to download videos

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 06:09 AM PDT

What productivity apps do you use?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:49 AM PDT

Free VideoConferencing on your android mobile or computer

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 05:14 AM PDT

Did Google remove the 10% discount on all apps for play music subscribers?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 06:55 PM PDT

As the title suggests. I always got 10% off apps, I bought one last night and it was full price, same today. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the price reduction from $11.99 to $9.99? This is in Australia too.

submitted by /u/High_hopes_
[link] [comments]

Dark/transparent widget for Gmail

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 02:42 PM PDT

Hi I'm looking for a transparent or dark gmail widget. I'm using Widgets for Gmail and I was wondering if there were some better alternatives. thanks in advance. I would rather avoid using an email client different from Gmail and inbox. Thanks in advance! link me: Widgets for Gmail

submitted by /u/HCHeer
[link] [comments]

Podcast app that searches episodes

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 05:42 AM PDT

I am looking for a podcast app that will help me discover new podcasts, as I only started listening to podcasts about a week ago.

A lot of people here recommended Pocket Casts, but when searching a keyword it only brings up shows, and doesn't show episodes with those key words. I also have to subscribe to a show in order to view the episodes, which I didn't like.

What app will help me discover podcasts as well as search both shows and episodes with key words?

Edit: also, is there an app that would also allow me to mark podcasts as listened and no yet listened, and would allow me to star and tag the episodes? Kind of like Pocket or Readability but for podcasts. And do these apps recommend other podcasts based on what you like and have listened to?

submitted by /u/PlanetArafel
[link] [comments]

Does Titanium actually work with adoptable storage?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 08:39 AM PDT

Ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow and adoptable storage (which I really like, by the way), I can't get Titanium Backup to work with apps that are saved on the SD Card.

I have no problem accessing the backup files (that seems to a problem for many, as I read), but whenever I actually try to restore a backup it seems to be doing nothing. Even though it gives out no error message.
I noticed that I could theoretically could restore the backup by manually moving the app from the sdcard to the internal space. But that's hardly doable for every app.

Has anyone the same problems, maybe even a solution?

submitted by /u/Aldimann
[link] [comments]

What is the best app to backup apps and settings for non rooted phones? I just need something that simplifies the process of reinstalling all of my apps and settings on new phones.

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 12:56 PM PDT

I change phones very often, about 2 times a month. I generally only have unrooted midrange phones.

submitted by /u/ImDaboogeyMan
[link] [comments]

Any good apps to use at my work desk?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 07:47 AM PDT

I have a wireless charging dock on my work desk and I was wondering if there were any useful apps for the dock, something for example that could show my notifications, a clock, calendar, agenda, some sort of dashboard. Something so I don't have to wake my screen and check each thing individually. Hope I'm being clear enough haha

I've tried many Google searches but they return either remote desktop apps or car dashboard ones.

Thanks!

Edit - Maybe I should have specified I have an S6. Edit 2 - I've found a decent one, Glance Plus, let me know if you know of anything else!

submitted by /u/Marauder2
[link] [comments]

JobShopper: Search all the leading career sites in a single search

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 07:40 AM PDT

Is there an app that lets me take a picture, immediately draw on it/add text, and save it to my gallery similarly to Snapchat?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 02:40 PM PDT

I've been looking for an app that will let me do this for a while now. I work in construction, and when I visit a job site I need to take pictures of progress, damages, etc. and would like a quick way to add notes to a picture. For example, if I am in a house and see that a window is broken, I'd like to take a picture of the window, write the date, room, and building number on the picture, and save it to my gallery for later. I've been using Snapchat for this, and while it works, it's very clunky.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ggKevin
[link] [comments]

[Dev] Yoguin: Guided meditation in Spanish

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 04:17 PM PDT

Hello. I am not a programmer, this would be the first real thing I've built (so don't be too harsh!) I created a meditation app using ReactJS (which I just learnt earlier this year), while searching how to combine two new passions of mine (meditation and programming). The guided meditations audios are also recorded by me. I know you guys speak English but I'd appreciate any feedback / comments regarding the app itself.

Here the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yoguin.hola

Thank you! And have a great day :)

submitted by /u/nathaliesicard
[link] [comments]

Is there an app to manage my flight schedules?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 02:50 AM PDT

I'm a frequent traveller and often book multiple tickets at once. I need an app to remind me when I have an upcoming flight, so I can plan accordingly and also cancel the ticket if i don't require it.

submitted by /u/DWP_Guy
[link] [comments]

Is there an app for ranking a list of favorite items?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 04:23 PM PDT

I have a long list of games. I'd ideally like an app where I can plug in my games and it will ask me "X or Y" and eventually output me a list of what I've considered my favorite games.

Does this exist? Does this type of sorting have a name? Is there a better solution?

submitted by /u/dogbomb
[link] [comments]

[Dev] Catch a Fish - A real time dating app

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 03:31 PM PDT

I developed, what I call, a "real time dating app", which uses Android's Nearby functionality to find anyone else in your immediate vicinity who is a match based on the preferences you set.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qualcode.catchafish

submitted by /u/qualcodedev
[link] [comments]

I have 19 dollars in Google play about to expire, any suggestions?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:20 AM PDT

[REQUEST] Any photo and video viewer similar to iOS Photos with scrubber bar

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:20 PM PDT

Scrubber bar on iOS Photos looks intuitive and it is easy to navigate to different photos quickly. Just wonder any Android photo and video viewer can do so. Thanks!

submitted by /u/iqandjoke
[link] [comments]

PSA: Facebook Notifications RSS feeds are being reset

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:15 PM PDT

If you use a Facebook wrapper app (like Hermit, Metal, Swipe, Folio), your Facebook notifications might not be working as of today.

We've heard from several users and seen increased frequency of errors in our reports related to Facebook notifications RSS feeds. In my own testing, I was able to resume notifications for my own account by resetting the feed URL.

E.g. in Hermit, you would launch the Facebook Lite App, tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner (three horizontal lines), then go to Customize > Integrations. Tap on Auto Configure Now, and your Facebook notifications will start working again.

I'm sure other apps have similar workarounds.

No other sites seem to be affected, only Facebook.

submitted by /u/chimbori
[link] [comments]

(Request) An app which detects when I'm walking / sitting and remind me to fix my posture accordingly

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 04:35 PM PDT

Hey there. I just cam from the physical therapist and I was told I slouch too much when sitting and when I walk, I slap my feet and lean forward. I was wondering if there were any apps which can detect walking (maybe using Google fit or s health) and then gives me a vibration pattern to remind me to walk properly (android wear reminder would be great too). And when I'm sitting, I want occasional reminders to sit properly. Thanks a lot.

submitted by /u/sulfate4
[link] [comments]

Mobile App Revenues – Trends and Future

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 03:48 AM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about [DEV] Quote RSS reader is now Newsfold at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.