My biggest problem with android: the volume rocker

My biggest problem with android: the volume rocker


My biggest problem with android: the volume rocker

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 05:19 AM PDT

So, I started using android back when the galaxy s3 first came out, and have been enjoying it ever since. Although I find the OS really nice and intuitive, there is one thing that I find frustrating: the volume rocker controls ringtone-volume by default, and there is no way (that I know of) to change that. I very rarely, if never, find my self wanting to adjust my ringtone volume, but I want to change my media-volume all the time. Why am I forced to change my ringtone-volume by 1 "level" everytime i want to adjust my media-volume unless there is some sort of media already playing in the background? Please just let me make it change my media-volume by default. If anyone has a way to change this, (aside from rooting or using rocker-locker. That app doesn't work) let me know, would appreciate it

submitted by /u/STr355
[link] [comments]

Can't use 360 Degree video feature

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:58 PM PDT

Hey all, I have a 3rd Gen Moto G. Whenever I try to watch a 360 degree video, it doesn't rotate when I move the phone. Instead, I have to swipe around to see other angles. This happens on YouTube and Facebook, and would probably happen on any other sites that support 360 videos. Anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this?

submitted by /u/RampanToast
[link] [comments]

Nvidia Shield K1 Drop

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:51 PM PDT

I ordered my Shield K1 and it arrived today!

However there was no one in the house, and for whatever reason the delivery guy posted it through next doors letterbox - and they're away on holiday for 2 weeks.

Anyway, the letterbox is about 4ft high, and if I recall they have a hardwood floor. The tablet is in a box and I presume padded packaging but I don't know.

Either way, will the box etc be enough to protect the tablet??

submitted by /u/marty-mcfly1990
[link] [comments]

How to recover text messages from a phone with a broken screen?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:36 PM PDT

First, thank you for providing any helpful information.

I have a phone that has a broken screen to where I can only see the top half inch. There are some text messages I need to recover and am not sure how to do it without being able to see. Hoping there's a way I can retrieve them via connecting it to my PC.

Edit: it's a HTC M8 with 5.* on it.

submitted by /u/seth7garcia
[link] [comments]

trying to mount usb stick

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 10:14 AM PDT

im trying to get som stuff of from my phone to a usb stick, but as soon as i put it in my phone, my sdcard disappears and instead is some kind of duplicate of my usb stick. as u can see on the picture below, sdcard and usb stick is the same size, and the content is exacly the also. as soon as i unmount my usb stick, my sdcard shows me 0kb size. after a reboot is my sdcard back as usual.. but ibstill cant use sdcard and usb stick at the same time..

got an rooted z3 with 6.0.1

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/7aaec63bdbb9ee74e5ebd5881fd17dba.jpg

submitted by /u/oxxuxx
[link] [comments]

Merging Chrome Apps and Tabs option disappeared?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 08:35 AM PDT

Hello, wanted to know if anyone else has been affected by the disappearance of this in the latest Chrome update? Im running Chrome 51.0.2704.81 on Moto X 2014 (6.0.0).

submitted by /u/Badd_
[link] [comments]

[Galaxy S7] Can't my contacts just be simple, like on my WindowsPhone?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 08:03 AM PDT

I've recently switched from Windows Phone to Android (Galaxy S7), and my contacts are a real mess. WP has a great, simple way to automatically integrate & link all my different contacts. Regardless of them being from email, Facebook, phone numbers etc. With a couple of brief clicks my contacts list is everyone who i have a phone number for, and their profile image is set to be their FB (if avail). How can i replicate this on Android? Right now, I have 3 different apps which all appear to have slightly different contacts lists, i have no idea which are in date, why can't i just link everything together and just show the most useful?

submitted by /u/mrarlloyd
[link] [comments]

Could really use some help!

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 02:45 PM PDT

I am attempting to unlock this tablet that I had purchased from Walmart the other day. It's a Venturer pro 12 that runs android 6.0. And has a 12.2 inch screen with keyboard. However I have not found any documentation of it anywhere at all. It's has the fastboot unlockable bootloader but it either freezes or the buttons don't work when I attempt to unlock it. The model # is ct9223w97. I've been struggling with this thing for two days and I have no ideas left. Thanks in advance!

http://imgur.com/Lp1j5hD

submitted by /u/mastercommander528
[link] [comments]

Why does AT&T suck at updates?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 10:37 AM PDT

Does anyone know? smh

submitted by /u/Yaboijay2029
[link] [comments]

5.1.1 memory management killing apps prematurely. Any solution?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 02:19 PM PDT

I have a huawei y6 running 5.1.1 and android keeps killing applications even though i have 400mb of ram available, its getting out of hand as my keyboard is being shut constantly. The phone has no updates past 5.1.1 and no custom roms available is there any fix for this shit?

submitted by /u/TeutorixAleria
[link] [comments]

Updating Rooted Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 02:00 PM PDT

I will start from the beginning. I was born to a minister and a housewife in Pittsburgh, PA... too far back? Reset.

I have a Samsung Tab 2 7-inch, Verizon carrier, running 4.0.4. I used Odin3 to root the tablet awhile back. Now I need to update to at LEAST 4.1.2. I assume I need to un-root the tablet to install the update, or use Odin3 to flash a new OS on there... I do not know. Any help would be appreciated. Viva!

Love, R_B_S

submitted by /u/rudeboy_skank
[link] [comments]

[OnePlus 2] Need help regarding accessing the internal storage via USB

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:57 PM PDT

I just got my OnePlus 2 and am trying to access the internal storage to move my music over because Google Play Music doesn't seem to work. Whenever I plug in my phone, it comes up saying 'Oneplus Drivers' and I cannot access the storage of the phone. I've tried clicking it and it says 'installing drivers' but still won't let me access the files. I've made sure the phone's set to MTP and i've enabled USB debugging through the dev options but still no luck. Any help would be much appreciated :)

submitted by /u/paperviolin
[link] [comments]

Please help me... Hard reset after root was not my brightest idea

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:43 PM PDT

I recently rooted my Samsung core plus (sm g-350) following this polish guide (http://supportsamsung.pl/topic/13004-guiderootandroidg350-rootowanie-samsung-galaxy-core-plus-sm-g350/) KingoRoot + open rom (G350XXUAMJ6_G350OXAAMJ6_G350XXUAMJ6_HOME.tar.md5). I installed Google Now launcher and Google Keyboard. Afterwards I proceeded to freeze or uninstall unused and redundant apps, unfortunatley icluding both default launchers and default keyboard. Today my brother got this phone and started complaining about Google launcher so I made hard reset (http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/401927) both normal and with factory mode and here I am... with no launcher keyboard and computer unable to recognise the phone (descriptor request failed). Please help me repair my phone. I know I screwed up.

submitted by /u/Vulwsztyn
[link] [comments]

Issues requesting desktop sites.

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:39 PM PDT

I had my Galaxy S 3 replaced with an identical phone. I don't know what the old version was running, but this one is running 4.4.2. I used to be able to get the desktop version of a site with "request desktop site" and when it would remember the settings from site to site (e.g. I could get the desktop version of reddit.com, but the mobile version of google.com)

Now, it seems that it's an all-or-nothing deal. When I check "request desktop site" it gives me the desktop version of every site until I turn it off.

Is there a way to change it back?

submitted by /u/deltree711
[link] [comments]

Can I trust a ROM without an open source kernel?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:27 PM PDT

I recently rescued a bricked LG Stylo with GameTheory's Katana ROM. GT seemed pretty well known for producing several LG ROMs and I was desperate to get my phone running.

The ROM is great but I realized too late that the XDA thread was closed due lack of available source kernel. This happened in March and I cannot find an update.

Are popular ROMs like this trustworthy on phones?

submitted by /u/ttstte
[link] [comments]

Need a tablet recommendation.

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:15 PM PDT

I had a Galaxy Pro Tab (2013) but it very recently broke and I have no idea what to replace it with. I would like one of similar specs or one more catered to my uses for it; streaming and gaming. So far, I've found the ZenPad 10 from Asus or the Galaxy Tab A that could work but I'm not quite sure. Ideally, I'd like something that was released semi-recently but the more recent the better. My price range is anywhere up to $400. Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Christobal711
[link] [comments]

Gmail Mail App - Marshmallow

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:13 PM PDT

Hi Guys!

I have a very very annoying issue I wanted to ask everyone about to see if there's a way to resolve it.

The issue i'm having is when i delete mail in Gmail 5 seconds later it will re-appear like I never deleted it! I have my Hotmail account setup in the Gmail app.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android Marshmallow v6.0.1

Someone please help as this drives me up the wall!!!

submitted by /u/arsenalboy01
[link] [comments]

What Telephones apps offer the Google Voice features of being able to 1) A real world phone number 2) SMS and 3) Receive calls with the same number on many android devices?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 01:11 PM PDT

I've exampled, but haven't tried:

hushed,
secondline,
talkatone,
line2

But it's not clear, which of these if any offer:

  • A real world phone number
  • SMS
  • Receive calls with the same number simultaneously on many android devices (and also on a computer)
submitted by /u/jpflathead
[link] [comments]

June update broke "Allow" button in permissions dialog?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 05:31 AM PDT

Nexus 6P stock here.

After the June update the "Allow" button doesn't appear to work at all, only the "Deny" one works, when installing an app or first running it, and it asks for M permissions. I have to go to the App Info and manually allow from there. Is this happening to others as well?

submitted by /u/andyooo
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to seperate the volume controls for texts and calls for KitKat?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:57 PM PDT

I've got myself an Android 4.4.4 KitKat phone here (which is rooted). Is there any way or app to seperate the volume for my texts from the volume of my phone calls? I want my texts to vibrate and my calls to have a louder ringtone like on my old Android JellyBean phone did back in the day.

submitted by /u/Majike03
[link] [comments]

LG G3 Vs Motorola Droid Turbo

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:49 PM PDT

I've been using an LG G3 for a little over a year now. Recently, the phone has decided that it doesn't want to charge anymore. I have Qi charging on my phone and that doesn't work either. If I take out my battery and place it in another G3 it charges so it isn't a bad battery either. I have given up trying to fix it and have decided to buy either a new G3 or getting a Droid Turbo. Should I get a turbo over a G3 or should I keep the G3. I prefer stock android and in both cases I will be installing cyanogenmod on it. Convince me to get the turbo.

submitted by /u/ty456100
[link] [comments]

High quality voice over data connection on an unlocked phone?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 06:32 AM PDT

I got a new phone recently, an unlocked first gen Moto E. I've flashed CM13 Nightly on it.

My previous phone was a T-Mobile Lumia 521.

This phone supports HSPA+, while my previous phone supports "4G", which is actually just HSPA+ rebranded by T-Mobile for marketing purposes. This Moto E actually has a faster data connection according to speedtest.

Now, my previous phone was rather terrible, but I've been spoiled by its high quality voice. This Moto E doesn't seem to support it. Is there a way to enable it? Again, I'm running CM13 and have root access.

submitted by /u/Degru
[link] [comments]

Unlimited photo storage. Great. Why not texts?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 08:40 AM PDT

I see a friend using imessage on his macbook, texting and stuff. he picks up the conversation right where he left off on his phone. Texts some more. Comes back to his laptop and all his texts are there.

I, however, cannot text through hangouts, only hangouts message. texts stay on my phone, period. Never transfer to hangouts app and sync across. Why not integrate the whole thing? All your messages should be in hangouts, incluxing hangouts text messages, cellular number texts / MMS, and Google Voice texts (if you have it synced to voice).

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/roadrunnersk
[link] [comments]

[Rooted] iOS Emoji Not Appearing in App Despite Many Attempts

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 12:17 PM PDT

Hey all, I'm hoping that I can get a bit of a hand with explaining why I am having troubles with iOS emoji appearing within Naver's Line Messenger App and other parts of the system as well. I am running MIUI 7 (v.6.4.15), based on Kitkat 4.4.4 on a Samsung SGS4 (i9505), which is rooted as well.

Originally I had attempted to use Emoji Switcher with root access to change everything up, and it appears to have worked to some degree (if I go to emojipedia.org I can see every emoji up to and including Unicode 9.0 perfectly fine). With that being said though however, I always seem to be missing emoji in messages for example on the Line Messenger app as any iOS emoji that I receive from friends usually show up as blanks. Even worse, if they are placed after a question mark or anywhere in a multi-line message where empty space naturally occurs, it becomes nearly impossible to realize that there may be an emoji there. The only time when I am able to notice is if someone inserts more text or punctuation after it as there is a blatant space there (or if I'm paranoid and check every message using the following method).

Attempting to do a little testing with friends, I had a friend of mine with an iPhone who also uses Line Messenger to send me some emoji. I first sent a couple using the Android emoji, which appeared as iOS emoji for him... that was good. iOS emojis which are inbound though messed up as predicted: the "non Line emoji" aka. device's emoji (iOS in this case) show as just blanks. From this point to get an idea of what they are, I usually copy messages (which include the blank emoji if I can tell they are there) and paste them into another app (ex. Google Translate) to see if emojis are present and what they are.

Hopefully someone will be able to give me some insight as to what the problem is... for example is it simply that the Line Messenger app itself isn't developed well and thus causes these problems (despite being the current version), or perhaps it's because I'm on a Kitkat-based ROM or MIUI, or maybe there are other reasons???

I'm really lost with this, even after trying so hard to find resources on my own, so I would love to have as much guidance as possible! Thank you in advance for your help!

submitted by /u/HellsoulSama
[link] [comments]

Which Android Smartphone to choose as MP3-Player?

Posted: 09 Jun 2016 06:02 AM PDT

Hey everyone!

I am from Germany and am looking for an MP3-Player that supports 128GB Cards so i can put all my music on there. Now, most MP3-Player either don't support those SD-Cards or are just a PITA to use UX-wise. I know there are pretty cheap android smartphones out there, but they don't always tell u how much capacity they support and some of them have pretty bad reviews or none at all.

Can anyone recommend a cheap (50€ - 150€) phone that supports SD-Cards with 128GB, Bluetooth, AUX and preferably has solid sound? Does every Android System support 128GB Cards by default?

BTW: i would like to always have the newest version of Android installed, so i could do other things with it too, but this isn't too important.

submitted by /u/yo_wazzup
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about My biggest problem with android: the volume rocker at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.