Saturday APPreciation (May 28 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Saturday APPreciation (May 28 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


Saturday APPreciation (May 28 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Posted: 28 May 2016 04:02 AM PDT

Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


This weekly Saturday thread is for:
* App promotion,
* App praise/sharing


Rules:

1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

/r/Android is trending, yay

Posted: 28 May 2016 08:01 AM PDT

This is how long smartphone batteries should last

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:25 AM PDT

Google Maps apparently announces when you cross a state line.

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:30 PM PDT

Just something kinda interesting. Was using Navigation and google announced and displayed a little card on screen when I entered Maryland. Not sure of the frequency of the announcement as it said nothing as I returned to Virginia. Soo yeah..

Here is a video. Pardon my language. https://youtu.be/k7HVrIWFEDg?t=5s

submitted by /u/R35VolvoBRZ
[link] [comments]

Beta Changelogs Indicate End-To-End Encryption Coming To Facebook And Facebook Messenger

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:20 PM PDT

Do you have a smartwatch? Is it useful?

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:35 PM PDT

Allo might just be the messenger we want and the messenger we need

Posted: 28 May 2016 03:20 PM PDT

Would you use 'Google All Access'?

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:08 AM PDT

Hey guys, I'm interested in whether or not you would be interested in a 'Google All Access' service that offers Music, Movies and Books.

I think that google is missing a major opportunity here by not offering some sort of bundle that combines multiple services to a discounted price.

Anyway, I created a little survey so feel free to fill it out: http://goo.gl/forms/NTwTCNHqmGk2IPwI2

submitted by /u/php_questions
[link] [comments]

You can now use google now with spotify connect. i never knew this

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:36 AM PDT

Picked up the Xperia X this week. Ask me questions!

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:24 AM PDT

Hi Everyone,

Following on from my request for recommendations of a 5" or smaller flagship, I picked up the Xperia X on Thursday.

Some brief first impressions:

  1. The size is pretty much perfect, its small enough that you can reach most of the screen with one hand (I couldn't type texts one handed with my One Plus One) but big enough that it doesn't seem cramped. Annoyingly, despite being careful, I've already managed to get a small scratch on the screen, screen protector is in the post :(
  2. Its pretty weighty but its still quite comfortable to hold due to the rounded edges, this does make it pretty slippery though. I miss the capacitive buttons along the bottom edge, there is totally room for them.

  3. The software is pretty much stock Android with a few little tweaks to the usual suspects such as the phone, messaging, clock etc. Nothing heavy, a few apps came installed by default but they are mostly removable.

  4. The screen is really nice, its "only" 1080p but it looks really sharp and crisp, can't see any pixels at all.

  5. Performance wise its OK, don't get slowdown on the games I have tried (Altos Adventures and Clash Royale) it comes out as a 71288 AnTuTu benchmark score which is much better than my One Plus One.

  6. Battery life is OK but not fantastic, from going off charge at 6am until now (currently 1pm) with some game playing, video watching and a 2 hour podcast I'm down to 36%. There is the STAMINA mode that kicks in at 15% and a further Ultra Stamina mode which I haven't used yet.

  7. Front facing speakers are a bit tinny but get pretty loud, its great that they're on the front and I don't have to worry about covering them when holding the thing.

  8. Other bits: Camera boots very quickly, shoots good - if a little oversaturated - photos. Finger print reader is fast and pretty reliable. The handset didn't come with headphones. The remote play app for PS4 currently bugs out.

If anyone has other questions I'll be more than happy to answer them!

submitted by /u/petedee
[link] [comments]

Thinking about getting a Nexus 5X to use as a second phone (currently have an iPhone 6s) because I love both operating systems. Does anyone do this as well?

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:03 PM PDT

As in have an iPhone and an Android phone, just to be able to switch back and forth between them depending on what you're into? I bought my iPhone when it first came out full retail price because T-Mobile kinda screwed me. I love it for everything it does for me. But I also love Android (used to have the terrible SGS6) and want a pure android experience with a nexus device.

The Nexus 6p is great n all but the 5X looks like a perfect inexpensive device to have around. I want to use it and get to know Android again. I want to become familiar with it and learn to program apps on Android. Experimenting with the things Android can achieve over iOS is also another reason.

Does this seem like an obnoxious thing to want? I know it's needless and most would argue a waste of money but technology has been my life since I was born, so I would enjoy the heck out of it. Do any of you do this?

submitted by /u/geomachina
[link] [comments]

Nice incentive by Samsung to make the technologically ignorant people update their phone's more often....

Posted: 27 May 2016 06:21 PM PDT

LG G Pad III 8.0 Tablet with FHD screen, LTE & Full-Sized USB Support Launched

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:47 AM PDT

High quality audio should be more of a focus for manufacturers?

Posted: 28 May 2016 03:43 AM PDT

So, after the release of the HTC 10 and its 24bit DAC. Who else feels that there needs to be more focus on superb audio quality on smartphones in the future? They tend to be the devices which we all listen to our music on the most.

Now, don't get me wrong, the 3.5mm jack with a general output works for 99% of people, and indeed works for me with the devices I've chosen to purchase. However, I feel that more manufacturers should put in that extra effort to providing an overall better audio experience. Ever since listening to a few tracks on the HTC 10, I've been left wanting more.

So, are professional 24/32bit DAC's something you would welcome in future for your devices?

submitted by /u/Takadiurga_
[link] [comments]

I created this app but no one downloaded it except me. Could you please give me some advice?

Posted: 27 May 2016 04:03 PM PDT

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=thumbs.wthumbs

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgZm7NeQtI

Google Analysis says nobody visited the page and this video. Could you please give me some advice?

This is a keyboard app. You can touch two keys at once. It's hard to learn but the combinations of two keys are assigned many functions. I think it has equivalent functionality of a full keyboard, a full text editor.

I'm Japanese so I'm not very good at English. Thank you very much for reading this.

submitted by /u/karasawa_jp
[link] [comments]

Samsung announces the Galaxy C5 and C7

Posted: 28 May 2016 06:55 PM PDT

Honor 5X Metal Body Unlocked Smartphone - Gold 16GB - $ 159.99

Posted: 27 May 2016 08:25 PM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about Saturday APPreciation (May 28 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread! at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.