Questions Thread - May 28, 2016

Questions Thread - May 28, 2016


Questions Thread - May 28, 2016

Posted: 28 May 2016 05:05 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[LIBRARY] Prevent your app from being pirated / cracked using Google Play Licensing, APK signature protection and more

Posted: 28 May 2016 10:30 AM PDT

The absolute minimum Android developers need to know about UX — Part 4 of 5

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Android Application Architecture — ribot labs

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:14 PM PDT

What are some of the design patterns used in AOSP?

Posted: 28 May 2016 10:47 AM PDT

I am just eager to know about what are some of the design patterns used within the AOSP source code and how we use it during android development.

submitted by /u/r7v
[link] [comments]

To Advertise or not?

Posted: 28 May 2016 03:10 PM PDT

I'm nearly finished with a simple game which will be my first android release. It's F2P + ads and super casual, similar to tic tac toe. I'm not expecting gamers to review it or press coverage for this type of game. I think my biggest challenge will be getting people to know that it exists at all.
I am lucky enough that I have money available that could be spent on advertising. Let's pretend everyone who actually plays the game loves it, would I be wise to purchase advertising?
Is there a minimum amount I should spend that would make a difference? Would I make a reasonable ROI on my ad dollars? Share your experiences with advertising and suggest creative alternatives to promote a game like this if you can think of them.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/m3ltaw4y
[link] [comments]

Who calls the main() method in Android?

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:54 AM PDT

I was reading this article and in it, it is mentioned that the ActivityThread class calls the main() method to start an app. However, I looked at the source code of this class and could not find the main() method there. Could someone please tell me what class actually calls the static main() method to start an app on Android? Thanks.

submitted by /u/shlmlkzdh
[link] [comments]

What are some common causes of battery drain with android notifications?

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:51 PM PDT

There's an open source andriod app I use (the github if anyone's interested), and I'm trying to debug the battery drain issues I'm getting. I'm pretty sure it's related to the notifications, as disabling them seems to have fixed my issues.

I was wondering what the most common mistakes are relating to notifications that could cause battery drain issues?

submitted by /u/Dioxy
[link] [comments]

The only thing Firebase lacks now is cloud code.

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:08 AM PDT

Do you think the same, Do you guys know any service which I could use along with the firebase for my cloud code needs, Ofcourse I can write my own server code and install it on a cloud provider like AWS and have it going, but is there any other provider for this?

submitted by /u/jason_denwer_kika
[link] [comments]

Android specific: webp vs svg ?

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:14 AM PDT

Based on https://w3z.in/2709 and other resources, I can say that webp is better than jpeg, png, gif but what about webp vs svg

Opinion ?

submitted by /u/divyenduz
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - May 28, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.