[HTC 1 M8 Verizon] Woke up yesterday to my m8 telling me that it is encrypted. When I enter a passcode, it tells me that the data is corrupted and to factory reset. Resetting brings me back to the encrypted page.

[HTC 1 M8 Verizon] Woke up yesterday to my m8 telling me that it is encrypted. When I enter a passcode, it tells me that the data is corrupted and to factory reset. Resetting brings me back to the encrypted page.


[HTC 1 M8 Verizon] Woke up yesterday to my m8 telling me that it is encrypted. When I enter a passcode, it tells me that the data is corrupted and to factory reset. Resetting brings me back to the encrypted page.

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:53 PM PDT

So my phone now boots to this screen saying "Your phone is encrypted. TO DECRYPT YOUR PHONE, ENTER YOUR SCREEN LOCK PASSWORD" and then a text box and keyboard. Entering ANY string into the password field and hitting Decrypt brings me to this page that says

"Decryption unsuccessful. The password you entered is correct [even though it's not] but unfortunately your data is corrupt. To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset. when you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account." Then there's a button that says Reset phone. When I hit it, it restarts and brings me back to the "Your phone is encrypted" page.

I have tried:

Holding the volume button and power button to bring me to the recovery mode boot. However, selecting either recovery mode or factory reset just makes the phone restart and brings me back to the encryption page.

The phone is not rooted nor have I ever tried to root it.

HTC Sync Manager and ADB are not able to see the phone.

Would be so grateful for ANY help!

submitted by /u/rafikiwock
[link] [comments]

How can I install Adblock for Chrome on my Galaxy S5?

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:57 PM PDT

Getting really fucking tired of shitty full screen ads.

submitted by /u/SpacemanSkiff
[link] [comments]

Can someone explain this? The month isnt even halfway in and android os already used half of my data!

Posted: 28 May 2016 06:37 AM PDT

NFS access

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:43 PM PDT

Hi, I've been searching for hours now, and I still didn't find anything that works: I'd like to access my nfs share to be able to watch videos from my server on my phone. I'm running Android M with CM13, with root and all that stuff. I've found multiple suggestions of ES explorer but I can't find how you'd do that? Please help!

submitted by /u/Matter99
[link] [comments]

"OK GOOGLE" inconsistency

Posted: 28 May 2016 05:01 AM PDT

ok google works fine if the phone is unlocked but i can't get it to activate when the the phone is locked except by accident.

HTC m8 with android 6.0

submitted by /u/RoyalRs
[link] [comments]

Can I use a nano-SIM on a phone with microSIM slot?

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:20 AM PDT

How to exempt an app on do not disturb mode?

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:49 AM PDT

I've downloaded this lucid dreaming app, and it prompts me to do reality checks by making a noise every now and then. But when my phone is on silent or vibrate, it doesn't make the noise and I'm supposed to hear the noise in my sleep. Is there any way to keep my phone on do not disturb mode or silent without silencing this particular app's notifications?

submitted by /u/coyle420
[link] [comments]

So I see apple pay coming up everywhere, what's the Google equivalent? I can't seem to find an app or a setup in my Nexus. Thanks.

Posted: 28 May 2016 02:42 PM PDT

reddit is fun App Downvotes?

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:53 PM PDT

Can anyone who used the reddit is fun app for android (Droid Turbo 2) explain to me how to tell if a post has received downvotes? I see people commenting "wow, I can't believe this post has so many downvotes" etc. All I see is a number 1 next to the post. Still new to reddit so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/sheperdcomander
[link] [comments]

A memory issue (kinda of)

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:45 PM PDT

ttps://imgur.com/a/oevOF

Model: Huawey y530 you I tried to reset my phone ans cancel stuff like images or apps

As I explain in the images I can't install basically nothing even if it tells I have plenty of free space. Why is this happening? Also could switch defult storage do something? How can I admin where my phone save stuff? Thank you for the help

submitted by /u/ilpazzo12
[link] [comments]

HTC One M8 Camera vibration

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:30 PM PDT

Since yesterday, whenever I have a camera app open the physical camera vibrates and makes a static-y vibration sound and the camera won't focus. Please help and I'll answer questions to help me solve this problem.

submitted by /u/ccruiz3
[link] [comments]

How do I disable emoji autoreplacement on Samsung keyboard?

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:11 AM PDT

For some reason the stock keyboard on my galaxy s6 has decided to preferentially auto replace words with emojis. So any word that triggers an emoji prediction, is then replaced by an emoji automatically. Is there any way to turn that off?

submitted by /u/ms108
[link] [comments]

Galaxy S5 stuck on "Recovery booting..." after flashing stock with Odin

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:01 AM PDT

So my Galaxy S5 (Kltespr/SM-G900P) was stuck in an encryption loop and all of the comments suggested either using Kies or Smartswitch to fix it, but that wouldn't work no matter what I tried (partially because I couldn't find my S/N anywhere)

So I tried another solution and flashed a completely stock image from Samsung's website. (SPR-G900PVPU3CPCA-20160426160620)

I flashed it via Odin without any visible issues but now it just says "RECOVERY BOOTING...." at the top of the boot logo screen and even after several minutes nothing has changed. Battery pulling results in the same thing.

I just want to have my phone working again.

Note: The reason I can't find my S/N is that for some reason neither it or any other info other than the model name are listed under the battery where it should be. I don't know what happened and I no longer have the original box.

Edit: I just tried flashing TWRP-3.0.2.0 and now it doesn't even display "Recovery booting...." It just shows the boot logo but never boots. I can however actually get into TWRP recovery now.

submitted by /u/Chocobubba
[link] [comments]

Facebook sound interrupts music

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:13 PM PDT

Why when I tap on Like my music stops to let the Facebook App play the 'Like Sound'? Is this normal or is it just happening to me ?

submitted by /u/Kusoo
[link] [comments]

Any way to synchronize Apple Health (& Apple Watch) data to Google Fit?

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:03 PM PDT

I'm a long-time iPhone (and Apple Watch) user who just dipped my toes into the Android pool with a Nexus 5X. I have been very into tracking my health recently, and I would love to have the information on both devices be as synchronized as possible until I pick one (or decide to just keep both). Data that is inputted via a third-party app, like MyFitnessPal, integrates neatly between each device - but I would love if I could get the steps, heart rate, and workout data from my Apple Watch to somehow be included in Google Fit as well. Does anyone know of a third-party app that can enable this? I would expect that anything that can read Apple Health data and can write Google Fit data would do the trick, but the ones that I use (MFP) don't seem to synchronize the step data, workout data, etc.

submitted by /u/j4nds4
[link] [comments]

Texting On Android

Posted: 28 May 2016 01:01 PM PDT

Hello Group, I am new to Android. Just got this phone a week ago and have only ever used a iPhone4. I am curious about how Android sends texts. You see when I had my iPhone4 I had several identities or rather e-mail addresses and the cell phone number. People in my contact list were able to send me texts regardless of what identity they had associated with me on their list. With this cell phone, I believe I only have one texting identity as far as I know. Just my cell phone number. If someone had my cell phone number, could they then send me forwarded texts? I do not like this idea. I really don't want my cell phone number floating around to everyone someone chooses to send forwarded messages too. This happened with my iPhone. Some contacts were viral in sending forwarded texts and e-mails and of course, my e-mail addresses were given out to everyone in the forwarded e-mail list and text messages I am assuming as well. Is this how it works with Android as well?

submitted by /u/19justme63
[link] [comments]

LG G Pad 2 10.1 - Opinions?

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:53 PM PDT

Just ordered one since i have a g4 and i like the LG gui. Anyone have one and see any faults with it? Reviews are lacking. Thanks!

submitted by /u/BalloonKittens
[link] [comments]

Spotify Pausing Media on LG G4

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:29 PM PDT

Hey r/Android, I have an LG G4 and Spotify on multiple devices and my girlfriend shares my Spotify.

So here's the issue, when she listens to music, I obviously can't do so at the same time but my phone keeps me informed on what song she's listening to as an active notification and I can pause her music. What happens is that when I use any other kind of media app on my phone (Google PLay Music, Shuttle, Podcast Addict, etc.) the Spotify being used on any other device sometimes and randomly pauses what I'm listening to.

This mainly happens if the Spotify notification just pops up at some point when it's being used on another device.

This doesn't happen to my girlfriend on her G4 or on my PC or Nexus...

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Beanboy100
[link] [comments]

As someone not in the US but pays for google music, is there a way for me to unlock other features like android red and the music family plan?

Posted: 28 May 2016 08:32 AM PDT

Installed AirDroid, backed up apps to PC for both my phones. Want to make sure all my other stuff like Google Play Music/ Movies etc on SD card isn't lost when I do a hard reset.

Posted: 28 May 2016 10:05 AM PDT

Hi, I'm using Airdroid for the first time, and so far it seems like a great app! I installed it on both my phones (BLU Advance 5.0 and Moto G 1st Gen) as well as the Windows 10 desktop app. I backed up all of my apps, but how do I ensure that my 32 GB worth of GP movies and music etc isn't wiped when I do a hard reset? Is there any other stuff I need to backup first aside from the Google backup settings? Really don't want to go through the hassle of downloading all that stuff again. Thanks!

submitted by /u/soliddrake83
[link] [comments]

How to copy files to phone via ftp

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:24 AM PDT

I've managed to set up my phone as an ftp server with solid file explorer and for browsing and copying files to my mac it works great, but my issue is that i cant copy files to the phone, only the other way round.

So is this how it is by default and there's a setting i need to change to copy files to the phone? Is the issue solid explorer? Or maybe the OS X's default ftp client doesn't support this. And i don't want to use airdroid in case that's what your thinking. Thanks for your help

submitted by /u/struggling_business
[link] [comments]

Does formatting /system remove root?

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:35 AM PDT

I had to reformat my Oneplus One the other day to install a new rom and now every time I try to flash SuperSU binary I get stuck in boot loop. Does formatting /system remove root, thus not allowing me to install supersu binary?

submitted by /u/mikewilzn
[link] [comments]

Playing videos online - what is my old phone doing that my new phone isn't?

Posted: 28 May 2016 09:22 AM PDT

My old phone ran KitKat. The new one is on Lollipop. As an example, let's say I'm trying to watch a video on Vimeo through the same browser (CM Browser).

On my old phone, upon pressing play, a video player opens: http://i.imgur.com/6EHBoXT.png

On my new phone, upon pressing play, the video plays embedded and there are no timeseek/fullscreen controls: http://i.imgur.com/g3ehlKG.jpg?1

What's going on here?

submitted by /u/It-sOkBro
[link] [comments]

Audio Equalizer Availability

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:27 AM PDT

So does the launcher effect Equalizer Availability in music apps or is it the app itself?

submitted by /u/Ebojager
[link] [comments]

[please help] My mobile data stopped working on my LGG5. It's turned on in the settings but there's no indication of it working on the notification bar. I tried restarting my phone several times. Can anyone help me?

Posted: 28 May 2016 11:12 AM PDT

It happened this morning after I got a notification to update some software. (don't know if anyone else got this update) And I'm not 100% sure if this is the reason why it's not working. I researched a bit and apparently my APN for data services isn't working, I think? I go into access point names in the mobile data settings and the [cinet.spcs] is not an option to 'click' and it is turned off because the circle next to it is not highlighted. I have no idea what to do but I really depend on the mobile data. I hope you guys have a solution. I depend on it. Thank you guys.

edit: FIXED!!! This video was the solution to my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px36_T6RbHs

submitted by /u/renernavilez
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about [HTC 1 M8 Verizon] Woke up yesterday to my m8 telling me that it is encrypted. When I enter a passcode, it tells me that the data is corrupted and to factory reset. Resetting brings me back to the encrypted page. at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.