Help try to save my marriage? "X computer is attempting to connect"

Help try to save my marriage? "X computer is attempting to connect"


Help try to save my marriage? "X computer is attempting to connect"

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 03:22 AM PST

My wife says that her android phone displays messages indicating that several computers in our house are attempting to connect to her phone. She indicates that this means that I am trying to track her somehow. She says that my daughter also receives the same message on her phone.

One of the computers is supposedly mine (it is connected via Ethernet), even though the name that is given is not the hostname assigned to my computer. The other computer that supposedly attempts to connect to her phone is named "hplaptop". This morning I was throwing out computer names and she latched onto that name as one that she has seen before, too. So, on one hand, my computer is displayed as "blhblhthrow's computer" when its actual name is "dualcore" whereas the other one is called "hplaptop" which is its actual name.

I have checked my router and there is nothing defined as "blhblhthrow's computer" on that device. Wireless devices are blocked unless their MAC is in an access list. We have four phones, two tablets, a chromebook, a Blu-ray player, and a laptop that use the wireless portion of the network regularly. The only wired devices are my computer, an xbox 360, and a printer.

I am not trying to track my wife and child. I have no idea why they are getting these messages and I need to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I will do the following:

1) Reset the password on my router AND the WAP2-PSK key.

2) Run a Live-CD virus/malware scan

3) Disable all file sharing and streaming applications.

4) Show them how to get a screenshot of the message if it shows up again.

5) Turn off Bluetooth on the laptop.

Edit 2:

I am downloading the BitDefender Livecd.

I have changed the WAP2 key and the admin password on my router.

Hplaptop does not have a Bluetooth device.

Media Streaming is already turned off on dualcore. No wonder my xbox couldn't find it!

submitted by /u/blhblhthrow
[link] [comments]

What am I looking for when buying nfc tags to fuck around with Tasker?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 03:35 PM PST

Can I reload a corrupted game app without uninstalling?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 02:42 PM PST

Okay, kind of an odd one I guess. I got this low-end android tablet mostly for playing games, because at the time I didn't have a smartphone yet (and phone screens are tiny anyway, yuck). It's a NuVision TM785M3 running Android 4.4.2 though I'm not sure that's relevant.

One of the games I have on there is Disney Frozen Freefall, a match-3 game themed around the movie. Every now and then for a month or two it becomes totally unplayable, with most of the graphics missing or corrupted. Sometimes it won't even load past the title screen. I finally worked out that if it's broken, it repairs itself when the game receives a content update. I'm now thinking that content updates that somehow fail or corrupt are also what breaks it in the first place.

So just this week I saw Neko Atsume pulling down an update, and now it won't run either. I'm thinking it's the same issue. Actually both games are broken at the moment.

TL;DR: The question is, can I force a game app to reload itself from the most recent update and repair any missing/corrupted files, while keeping all of my game progress data intact? As opposed to completely uninstalling and reinstalling, which presumably would wipe my game progress.

submitted by /u/raykremer
[link] [comments]

Group messaging between Android and iOS

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 01:54 PM PST

I switched from iOS to Android and I can't group text with iPhone users. Regular texts work fine. I turned off imessages when I moved my SIM card.

submitted by /u/technomancer0
[link] [comments]

I have nothing on my phone

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 01:50 PM PST

Now, when I mean nothing- I mean nothing. Phone was acting crazy all day & I shut it off. Went to turn it back on & hello...no operating system!

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell happened. I'm on Straight Talk (SM-902L) & I really need help.

submitted by /u/LookWhatIDidAgain
[link] [comments]

What are some essential tools or customizations to make android better for power users?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 01:31 PM PST

I found a few lists, but they felt like sponsored, and most of the stuff were just gimmicky trivial apps not something people can use on a daily basis.

submitted by /u/_0x0_
[link] [comments]

Difference between internal&external speed

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 01:24 PM PST

Its said that in internal is faster than sd, and storing data of an app on sd may slow the app. But if my sd is 48mbs what is the speed of internal that its working so well?

submitted by /u/aviranx
[link] [comments]

Battery randomly cut out at 50%, then took just a few minutes to recharge to 50%?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:03 AM PST

Hi, I own a Galaxy S6 Edge. I've been having real issues with battery life the past few months, getting just a few hours of charge, even if it's 99% standby and hardly any SOT, though I've been putting that down to my Android Wear watch draining all the battery via Bluetooth.

Today however, my phone died at about 50% battery, with no warning. Once I plugged it in again, it took just about 10 minutes of so to return back to 50%, which is obviously impossible. I've attached a photo of the charge graph. I should also add the phone gets insanely hot while charging, almost too hot to hold sometimes.

I've mainly charged the phone using fast charge, though I heard about a year after doing this each day it may have bad effects on my battery. Does anyone know of any way to maybe reset the phone's battery calibration, or is my phone one that will now require a portable charger for a quick trip to the shops?

http://imgur.com/a/LdrJC

submitted by /u/midgetman7782
[link] [comments]

hоw dо уоu usе nоvа gеsturеs?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 07:46 AM PST

і јust usе thе bаsіс swіре dоwn tо ореn nоtіfісаtіоn drаwеr thоugh Іm сurіоus іf оthеr usеrs dо mоrе аdvаnсеd stuff wіth іt

submitted by /u/redditgizmos
[link] [comments]

Turning off battery optimization for Wi-Fi

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 12:29 PM PST

I have a Google Pixel XL and want to disable the battery optimization for Wi-Fi. But I can't find it anywhere nor do I know which it belongs to. Does anyone know which one I need to stop the battery optimization for Wi-Fi?

submitted by /u/tgrsnpr
[link] [comments]

make holding home button launch voice search

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 12:18 PM PST

I hate waiting for it to scan the screen to show me relevant options, I just want to do a voice search! Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/H1313303
[link] [comments]

Can I set ringtone for potantial spam?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 12:11 PM PST

My s7 warns me whenever number marked as spam is calling. Can I set ringtone for it?

submitted by /u/ItsMango
[link] [comments]

Wi-fi not working / Problems with battery - Galaxy s3 help.

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 03:49 PM PST

I had some problems with my phone for the past days, got a lot of it resolved (you can see most of what happened on my last thread before this one).
Anyways now I'm having the following problems:
* phone wont really start unless plugged in charger
* phone restarts or shuts down when using camera app
* camera app works when phone is plugged to charger
* before phone restarts or shuts down it flashes the lights as if it had 0% battery but its with like 70-80%
* doesn't connect to any wifi - says its saved and secure and the password is right but it just doesnt connect, tried with 3 different wifis and all of them got the same error.
What i want to know is if this is a hardware problem (maybe have to change battery?) or software problem, and if the wifi problem can be fixed (so that I could at least use the phone while connected to the charger for now).
Thanks for the help.

submitted by /u/viniciusxis
[link] [comments]

Wifi turns off immediately after turning it on

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:59 AM PST

S6 edge, unrooted 6.0.1, touchwiz.

Whenever I turn my wifi on it immediately turns off again. Restarting the phone seems to fix it for a short time. This started happening after the last update (G925pvps4cpk1). Is it a bug?

What is the number I have to put in the dialer to refresh my wifi driver?

submitted by /u/aer351
[link] [comments]

APN settings causing MMS problems

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:57 AM PST

I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge+ on a T-Mobile network. After tweaking the APN settings I was able to get it up and running with service. When I set the APN type to "default" everything works perfectly except I can't recieve MMS. If I change the APN type to "default,supl,MMS" then my MMS come through fine, but certain apps will freeze the phone and eventually force close, making them unusable (Google Play Music and Facebook Messenger to name a couple)

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to receive MMS messages without the force close issue on these particular apps? Thanks to anyone who can help.

submitted by /u/TMonahan2424
[link] [comments]

How to keep android torrent(Flud) client active all the time?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:53 AM PST

so i need to seed a torrent to reach a good ratio. i was using Flud https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.delphicoder.flud.paid&hl=pt_BR to do it. but theres something strange. by the site panel i noticed that the torrent are inactive. so after some tests i discovered that the app after some time minimized it just close itself. using on android is easier for me since is my second phone and i can just leave at home while im doing other stuffs, and waste less energy than leave a notebook or a desktop turn on. any idea how to solve this? my device is a moto x 2013(rooted).

submitted by /u/legendarysnake
[link] [comments]

Need advice for theft-proofing Android tablets

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:46 AM PST

I work for a manufacturing company, and we have just purchased the first of what will end up being five or six Android tablets that will run production tracking software and be used by our workers out on the floor. We're going with 9.7" wifi only Samsung Tab A tablets. Our staff are fairly trustworthy, but nevertheless I want to make some effort to theft proof them. For now I've created a Google account for our business and activated that account in the first tablet, and GPS functionality is also activated, so at this point I can track the device with Android Device Manager as long as it is connected to wifi with the GPS enabled. Obviously a thief with very basic knowledge could bypass this security by removing the Google account, disabling GPS functionality and/or just not connecting it to wifi. What are your recommendations? Free, as always, is good :)

submitted by /u/x_cLOUDDEAD_x
[link] [comments]

Samsung Iconx and Gear S2

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 11:44 AM PST

Hi! I'm getting a Gear S2 smartwatch soon and I was planning on getting the Iconx too. But watching a review I saw that you switch from on of the gears to another. Does this mean you can use only at a time or can I use both of them simultaneously?

submitted by /u/Aerosoft_
[link] [comments]

Time alignment/time delay - is there anything out there?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 10:54 AM PST

Viper4Android has 'Differential Surround' which supposedly delays the audio between left/right but it doesn't appear to let you select which channel the delay is applied to.

Is there any way/anything out there that will work with Android? trying to avoid shelling out for a MiniDSP if possible.

submitted by /u/mynameismichaelpain
[link] [comments]

Can I text people on iOS who don't have Allo if I have Allo?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 02:34 PM PST

Help! My OnePlus 3T won't connect with 4g

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 10:45 AM PST

So first of all I'm a total android noob. Just switched from ios to android. Next to the 4g sign is a big ! This is what makes it weird for me: - I do have internet, but extremely slow (can't load web pages but whatsapp is fine) - I can make phone calls and receive texts. - My battery goes empty extremely quick if I leave the mobile network on. Anybody knows what to do?

submitted by /u/Jmexem
[link] [comments]

Flashing Note Edge (SM-N915W8) Which Odin version is best?

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 02:29 PM PST

First time flashing, and just wondering if anyone has specifically flashed a Samsung Note Edge with Android 6.0.1? I'm not looking to root or anything, simply just reinstall firmware as my phone keeps freezing and randomly powering off. I've cleared the cache partition several times with no improvement, so this is the next logical step. Just looking to save the $80 and do it myself.

I understand the premise behind flashing, however have no experience doing it so just wanted some further clarification as to which version of Odin I should be using? Or if that even matters? Thanks.

submitted by /u/LeSwix
[link] [comments]

A5 2016 Issues, help me.

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 10:42 AM PST

Hi guys, I'm from Italy.

After the last update, when I play a game, after a few seconds, the game starts to lag, and this happen with every game. I don't know what to do, please help me.

submitted by /u/Fraenk2F
[link] [comments]

Galaxy S6 - Failed SMS, please help!

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 10:33 AM PST

Every single time I send a text message, I get a notification that tells me my message failed to send. When I look at the text message, I see that the bubble is grey with an exclamation mark beside it. Pressing the exclamation mark presents the option to resend my message. This option has a 100% success rate. This really confuses me and is rather annoying. Clearly I can send these messages through but I need to manually resend it every time. I am certain that they are getting through to the intended receipient because I am receiving responses.

I have tried turning off my phone numerous times with no luck. My carrier is Rogers. I haven't really found any applicable threads in my brief search so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/RojoNation
[link] [comments]

Do Not Disturb automatic rules resets priority only settings

Posted: 09 Dec 2016 02:04 PM PST

I'm on a Pixel XL.

I really like that Google finally baked in some automatic rules for sound "profiles". However I'm finding that it just doesn't work.

I've got my phone set up to turn on priority only during my work day. I do not want total silence turned on because it disables media volume. I have priority set to accept calls from no one. Every few days though it seems to reset my priority rules to accept calls from anyone. So I'm sitting at in priority only mode, and my ringer goes off.

I haven't been able to figure out any pattern or cause to this behavior, and am hoping I'm not the only one dealing with this.

submitted by /u/The4thRabbitt
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Help try to save my marriage? "X computer is attempting to connect" at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.