Saturday APPreciation (Sep 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Saturday APPreciation (Sep 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


Saturday APPreciation (Sep 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 04:02 AM PDT

Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


This weekly Saturday thread is for:
* App promotion,
* App praise/sharing


Rules:

1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

"I have a feeling 8 years from now we'll be talking about Oct 4, 2016"

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:04 PM PDT

Google's merged Android-Chrome OS 'Andromeda' may be teased on October 4th

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:07 PM PDT

Android on Twitter: 8 epic years. Naturally, we're celebrating with some of our favorite treats. #Android

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 08:03 AM PDT

Indian court orders WhatsApp to delete all user data before new privacy policy comes into effect.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 11:43 AM PDT

Allo Installed More than 1 Million Times (Most probably faster than Duo to Reach this milestone)

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 05:41 AM PDT

[X-Post from /r/apple] Low light comparison between the 6S Plus, 7 Plus, and Nexus 6P

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 10:01 AM PDT

r/Android was quick to hate on Allo, but how many people are actually giving it a chance?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:02 AM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/zQCj7aq.jpg

So I just had a quick conversation with a friend and they mentioned a new show they thought I'd like. Simply within instants there were summaries of the show, a trailer and then a quick turn in the conversation about Kiefer Sutherlands music career. It was amazing how quickly and fluidly Google assistant was able to enhance the conversation without even trying.

I know most people are upset about the lack of SMS integration, multi client support and backup support. So am I! But I'm also a developer, I understand wanting to get a project out that just works and then adding features in stages. I'm giving Allow a chance, and I'm glad I did. This was so simple yet so amazing and it's only going to get better.

submitted by /u/slbenficaboy
[link] [comments]

LG V20: Official product video

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 09:02 AM PDT

[DEV] We have released a new app MUVIZ, which adds a Music Visualizer to your Navbar. NO root. Now the app is moved up from beta and supports all devices.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:16 PM PDT

A week back we have posted MUVIZ in beta mode with limited devices support and got a great response from reddit.

Now we are moving it from beta to prod supporting almost all devices.

MUVIZ is a first of its kind app that displays a Music Visualizer beneath your on-screen Navbar while you are listening to your favourite music from your favourite apps. NO root required.

Don't have an on-screen Navbar on your phone? no worries, you can still make the app show Visualizer above your Hardware Navigation.

You can even make the app show visualizer over your videos.

You can select from a constantly updated collection of stock designs or you can edit any of the design according to your wish.

Customization includes Shape, Color, Size, Spread and everything you can imagine.

If you are still not satisfied, then you can create your own visualizer using the Creator Tool bundled in the app.

Play Store Link

Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens Screens

submitted by /u/vviicckkyy05
[link] [comments]

[DEV] Clock+ is an alternative to the Google Clock app, featuring UI/UX enhancements and new time pickers.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:22 PM PDT

Clock+ makes some improvements to the interface and interaction design of the Google Clock app, while maintaining its clean and simple overall feel. Alarms, timers, and stopwatch functionality are included. In the interest of time, I did not get to implement the world clock, so I apologize in advance to anyone who depends on that feature.

Pictures

Link to Play Store

Clock+ is open source on GitHub.

The most distinguishing features are the two new time pickers. They are modeled after the Android framework's native time pickers (both the legacy number pad and the current radial clock) and revamped to provide the best UX and interaction design of any existing time picker implementation for mobile. 24-hour time users: I hope you'll love the new 24-hour selector!

Disclaimer: While this app takes design cues from the Google Clock app, unfortunately the source code is not based on Google's. (However, I have tested everything thoroughly and there are no major issues) I know the Google Clock app is open source, and I could have built off from that instead of reinventing the wheel, but this is my first app; being a beginner, I didn't realize that the Google Clock app was open source until months after I started development and even after I found out, I didn't know then how to clone/import the project into Android Studio. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have understood their solutions/decisions or known how to integrate their code with my own. So, eating my losses, I decided to complete the rest of my app with my own solutions and decisions for the overall learning.

submitted by /u/Sanvywell
[link] [comments]

Xiaomi Mi 5s will have a ceramic body, dual cameras (samples posted) and an Antutu score of over 164K

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:26 AM PDT

[Exclusive] Hands-On with the Xiaomi Mi Box - Android TV News

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 07:10 AM PDT

Your Android smartphone can be used for BOINC science work, which helps scientists with cutting edge research into various diseases!

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:17 PM PDT

What has been the biggest phone upgrade you've done? How were the first couple of days?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:12 PM PDT

I'm still using a meager Moto OG and I hope to make an upgrade soon, so I thought it would be interesting to hear how a big upgrade felt to you guys.

submitted by /u/pheymanss
[link] [comments]

Now OneDrive for Android also lets you create Office files

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:24 AM PDT

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Nexus 6P - Low Light & Night Shooting

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 07:48 PM PDT

Andromeda theory. Mobile + Desktop same device (Pixel)

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:46 PM PDT

Now that they have floating windows and proper hardware, they are going to connect Pixel to a screen and rule them all (Desktop and Mobile).

They would join their experience in both sides (Android and ChromeOS).

Would this justify for you guys the price of a more flexible device?

submitted by /u/luishgcom
[link] [comments]

Why is TouchWiz frowned upon?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:08 PM PDT

It seems most of the features Nougat is getting, the TouchWiz side of Android has had for most of the time. Like the restart button? That's been taken care of for years. And the clear all button when looking at recent apps, also there. Not to mention the quickly tap to switch back. What's wrong with TouchWiz?

submitted by /u/GabePolska
[link] [comments]

Chromium is no longer supported for Chromecast

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 11:43 PM PDT

[Tablet Discussion] Do you still use your tablet? What do you use it for?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 07:54 AM PDT

With the rise of larger phones, I find myself using my tablet less.

I have the original Nexus 7 and a 10.1" Windows 8.1 Tablet. The Nexus has outdated specs and feels slow compared compared to my phone. I used to use my tablets for reading comics or e-books. The lack of a microSD card of the Nexus 7 makes it a hassle for me to constantly transfer files over to it.

 

For size, I feel that 7-8" is the sweet spot. As long as the tablet has slim bezels (Huawei Mediapads) you can still hold it in hand which is very useful for me since I use Perfect Viewer which lets me turn pages with the volume buttons. My 10.1" tablet is way too unwieldy and Windows really isn't that good for tablets.
For larger tablets, I think 2-in-1s are the way to go, especially for Windows Tablets. It'd be nice if they throw in a trackpoint too.

 

Another problem I find with tablets is that the software is unlikely to get updated since they're an even lower priority compared to phones. Sure, you could get a Nexus but you end up not having a microSD slot.

 

I just hope that we get some 16:10 phones, a 5.7-6" phone with a 16:10 aspect ratio would be great and would probably be enough to make me stop wanting a tablet.

submitted by /u/Agilityaccount
[link] [comments]

What keeps you using Android?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:18 AM PDT

Been using Android since the HTC Legend... just had some thoughts recently wondering whether the grass is actually greener. So... what keeps you using Android phones over iPhones?

submitted by /u/dubsy54321
[link] [comments]

PSA: If you get an error connecting to Google's servers while activating Allo, disable any adblocking application (Adgaurd, etc) or set up a firewall exception inside the adblocking app

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 08:11 AM PDT

I have also found messages take hours to send/receive with Adgaurd. I would recommend setting up an exception so you don't have to turn it off every time you want to send/receive a message.

submitted by /u/Firebirdflame
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Saturday APPreciation (Sep 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread! at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.