Options on the V20?

Options on the V20?


Options on the V20?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:45 PM PDT

Ever since coming back up to college a month ago, Google Now still says "Your Trip".

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 10:27 AM PDT

How can I change this? Google Now thinks I've been on vacation the past month and a half and is still doing all of the things it does if you actually go on a trip.

submitted by /u/Istartedthewar
[link] [comments]

Can I use an offline tablet as a gps?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:19 PM PDT

Hello Everyone! We want to use an android tablet as a gps. It has an internal gps that locates the device when its offline, but we cant seem to find an app that allows us to get point-to-point directions while offline. Is this possible, or am i dreaming? Thanks!!

submitted by /u/missoulawes
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to mirror one phone on a another phone ?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:20 PM PDT

I have two phones ,one I use in my car as a stereo front (Xperia z2) ,and i have my every day phone (mate 8), Is it possible to mirror my mate 8 screen to the Xperia z2 and operate the mate 8 from the Xperia z2? Or is it just a pipe dream of mine.

submitted by /u/capelord
[link] [comments]

Google Play apps stuck on "downloading." Fix?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:33 PM PDT

LG Sunset using tracfone. (lgl33l)

I've already tried forcing Google Play store and services apps to stop, cleared their data and try again to no avail. This is a new phone. All I've done is root+use Titanium backup to transfer apps. I'm able to browse the internet on it, so I'm sure I have a connection. What other solutions are there?

submitted by /u/DoktorLuciferWong
[link] [comments]

Odd occurrence with my S3 xpost android

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:16 PM PDT

I've been noticing when I unlock my phone lately that more often than not it will be on my phone logs screen, this has only really been happening after I haven't used the device for a while.

Does anyone know of any malware or reasons as to why this might be occurring, I'm pretty safe with the apps I download but this has actually got me pretty spooked.

I thought I might post here since I couldn't think of a good way to google it.

(This is a Xpost from android didn't realize this sub existed til after I made the post.)

submitted by /u/Gwuc
[link] [comments]

Google Photos unlimited taking up google account space?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:42 PM PDT

I recently logged into my Gmail to see that my 15 GB allowance was completely used. Then I looked and it said that 13.5 GB of that was taken up by photos. On google photos I have it set to back up at "High Quality" which says is "Free Unlimited Storage". So if it's unlimited, why is it taking up space on my 15 GB?

submitted by /u/yellowflamingo1
[link] [comments]

Smart lock trusted places problem on Galaxy S7

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:16 PM PDT

On my S6 this feature worked great. On my S7 it does not. I assume this is to do with a screwy GPS sensor in this handset (navigation works fine though) but I'm asked to unlock my phone at home more often than not. This is pretty frustrating.

What I've tried: recalibrating the compass in the service menu (was red, now blue but no difference) and spamming dropped pins all around my house in the trusted places menu (I'm up to 24 locations and still the problem persists).

Anyone have any ideas? Also, why don't they have 'trusted networks' like they have 'trusted devices'? Then it could recognise my wifi network and problem solved. Works fine with the Bluetooth in the car.

submitted by /u/groovyreg
[link] [comments]

Can you disable the prompt asking you to confirm if you want to turn on airplane mode? (4.4)

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:15 PM PDT

When I try to turn on airplane mode, it gives the prompt saying what it does with the options to 'Cancel' or "Ok". It says this every single time you try to turn it on. This wasn't a problem at first, but I downloaded a locker, and now I have to unlock my phone every time I want to turn on airplane mode. Is there a bit of code I can tamper with or would I have to be rooted for this?

Thanks! (Samsung S4, 4.4)

submitted by /u/JailerJunkie
[link] [comments]

My phone got completely wiped, and I don't know what to do.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 11:25 AM PDT

Okay, so here is what happened. I was listening to music, when suddenly, my phone dies. Rebooting it, it had gone completely back to as it was when I bought it. Everything, from my setting to the content of my memory card to the contacts on my SIM card, was completely gone.

About an hour later, my brother calls. Appearently, he had been fluffing around on google, and found out which devices his google account was connected to, one of them being mine. According to him, he had only done something which he thought would remove his account from my phone. What it did, however, was comepletely remove everything from my phone.

He had gotten a mail - which he saw an hour later, realized what he'd done, and called me - which essentially said that "A system wipe has been ordered. Android Device Manager will wipe the data from your Andorid-unit and your SD-card. If everything is removed, your unit will show the welcome screen for Android next time you start it up."

He has no idea how he did this, and neither have I. My google searches have gotten me as far as Google Apps for Work, which only works for administrators which none of us are.

For the record, my phone is a LG G2.

So what do I do now? Is there a support for me to turn to? Anyone had the same problem? Help!

submitted by /u/sumsum98
[link] [comments]

Grant permissions remotely

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:55 PM PDT

Lost my phone. Have Cerberus installed but haven't opened it yet since I updated it last so when I try to track location (or send any other command) I get a message saying "Location permission required." Any way to grant permissions remotely?

submitted by /u/Stephane_Matteau
[link] [comments]

Question about free SMS apps.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:39 PM PDT

I use TextMe on Android OS.

Today it notified me that a certain person, that I know, connected to TextMe. I do know that person, but how did the app know that I knew that person?

I have all permissions blocked for that app, including contacts, that person does not know my new TextMe number as I have not contacted them in a long time and have never used the app in the past. That person also does not have my current mobile number.

I'm just curious as to how TextMe knew that I knew that person? The only possible way I could think that it happens is the app reads my contact list but it had been blocked since installation.

submitted by /u/Brentsboobs
[link] [comments]

Should I upgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1, or is 6.0.1 too early and broken?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:38 PM PDT

I remember the early versions of Lollipop were very broken, and had things like memory leaks and crashes in 5.0. Well my Note 4 has had a 6.0.1 firmware available for a while, and it looks like they might just end it there. Is 6.0.1 a similar situation - broken early release - or is it solid enough to be worth upgrading from 5.1.1?

I have to wipe and reset my phone anyway, because I've screwed with too much of the OS and I'm getting random bugs and software glitches all the time. Just wondering if 6.0.1 is so bad that I should stick with 5.1.1, or if it is a solid release and worth checking out?

And while you're here, it's been a while since I've rooted, can someone check my work and make sure I've got the steps right? My current 5.1.1 Note 4 is rooted with TWRP recovery and debloated OS. I think what I'd have to do is get the 6.0.1 firmware set from Sammobile, flash it using Odin, which will wipe my TWRP recovery, so then after flashing 6.0.1 I can root using Chainfire's Autoroot and then flash TWRP using odin again. Is all that correct?

submitted by /u/moeburn
[link] [comments]

Is there such a device I am looking for? Headless Android for TV

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:42 PM PDT

I know there is Android TV but from what I understand you can't run full Android apps without problems. E.g. ace stream etc.

What I would like is just a headless full android device which I can connect to my TV and the device thinks the TV is the screen. I can then control it using a keyboard and a mouse.

submitted by /u/internetf1fan
[link] [comments]

Recovering unrecognizable sd card from Android phone.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:37 PM PDT

I had my sd card in my Android smartphone as an adoptable storage and I cannot seem to recover the files using easeus or testdisk. The sd card file system or file map seems to be missing or corrupt. I obviously have some really important stuff I didn't backup. I think adoptable storage may have formatted the sd card in f2fs originally and testdisk and easeus do not support f2fs, perhaps that is why I am unable to recover?

submitted by /u/Medvedme
[link] [comments]

I wiped EFS

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:19 PM PDT

Title. I was trying to root my Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm and foolishly did such a wipe that I lost both SIM slot IMEI, wifi is intermitent if both SIM cards are sloted. I didn't do any backups. Is there salvation for me or I lost the phone and bricked it forever ?

submitted by /u/gabrielsfarias
[link] [comments]

Help! Restarting Issues. Galaxy s5.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:27 PM PDT

My galaxy s5 has recently started to reboot by itself. I have cricket so when It reboots, the cricket logo image appears right before I am asked to enter my passcode. But when it reboots by itself it freezez on the cricket logo for a few seconds then reboots again and again. This keeps happening untl I plug the phone into the charger. If I am not near my charger, its keeps rebooting until the batterey dies. This happens at random times but also whe I start up the snapchat app. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/shazzam151
[link] [comments]

If I flash a different carrier firmware with an unlocked bootloader, what would happen?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:25 PM PDT

I'm currently with T-Mobile's J7 plan, and their J7 has a locked bootloader. I've soft bricked before, flashed my normal firmware, and lost no data. I'm guessing that would not happen if I flashed something else.

submitted by /u/PhoenixRealm
[link] [comments]

Adblock for Chrome

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 09:58 AM PDT

Is there a way to use Adblock on Chrome? I found an Adblock for Samsung, which can block ads on the Samsung's internet browser, but nothing for chrome. There doesn't seem to be a way to view extensions in the chrome browser on the phone, so I don't know if there is a different way to install it if it's available. My phone is not rooted.

submitted by /u/iamseiko
[link] [comments]

So, I somehow ended up with one of those "Iphones" that actually run a version of android that makes it appear to be an Iphone, how would I make it appear like a regular android phone?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:20 AM PDT

My guess is that it's some kind of launcher that changes the appearance of everything on the phone to create the illusion of an iphone, the problem comes with trying to access things like the playstore, I know they're on there and I've successfully installed android apps on to it, but a lot of the stuff on the phone is hidden or given new icons to keep up the iphone illusion, I just want to be able to access everything on it and get rid of this theme if I can. Any ideas? I managed to open a few default apps by using the phones equivalent of siri. The "App store" seems to be one of those chinese app installers so that's something notable as well.

It even pretends to have a fingerprint function, which allows anyone to unlock your phone, which would be nice to get rid of as well.

submitted by /u/hakimalt
[link] [comments]

Can anyone recommend me a book?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 08:14 AM PDT

Not sure whether this kind of post is allowed here, but anyway.

I am a long time (13 years) java developer. I have touched many facets of Java (sockets in old IO, nio, concurrency, jvm tuning, JNI, JIT tuning, GC tuning, EJBs etc etc). However, I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to writing apps for Android. Can anyone recommend me a book that will skip teaching java and take me straight to guts of Android programming, so I could write an app that I have in mind.

I just don't want to spend time reading about java or trying to figure out what to skip and get to the good part. Thanks.

submitted by /u/forestlake
[link] [comments]

Need help retrieving old files.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 09:04 AM PDT

On my old phone I had some photos hidden in a vault app. How can I get those from my phone? The app and its contents don't show up when connected to a computer, the phone display does not work either.

submitted by /u/OddAndChunky
[link] [comments]

[Help]I rooted my phone but secure settings and Amplify don't recognize root. What should I do?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 09:00 AM PDT

I rooted my Galaxy S5 SM-G900I running 6.0.1 by following this guide.

Used Odin with this file CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedd-smg900i.zip

It is shown in root checker that the device is rooted.

But both amplify and secure settings don't recognize it. Here and here

Secure settings worked fine while I was running Lolipop. But I had to update the device and root again.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/enzio901
[link] [comments]

I rooted my Samsung GT-I9001 to install a newer version of Android and now it's stuck in a can't-boot-loop.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 04:24 AM PDT

So, let's start this off by saying it's my first smartphone. It's a hand-me-down from my brother, who did a factory reset before giving it to me. Since I didn't like the pre-installed system apps that couldn't be stopped or uninstalled but ate away at my battery time, I rooted the phone and installed the System app remover. Things were fine until I discovered that my messaging app didn't work properly - I could write messages, send and receive, but I could not reply. I could write a new one to the same person, but if I attempted to reply, I received an error message: "com.messaging.android has crashed. force shutdown". I thought about just not using the messaging app anymore and instead downloading Threema. I soon discovered that the GT-I9001 runs Gingerbread (2.3.6) and Threema doesn't run on anything lower than Android 4.0.

So, if at first you don't succeed.... I followed this instruction to installing a newer version on the phone. I followed it to the letter. However, when the freshly installed Android started up for the first time, I got an error message saying that

Encryption unsuccessful: Encryption was interrupted, and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible (...)

This one. I clicked on reset, and since then, I've been stuck in a boot loop. If I start the phone up normally, it gets stuck on the "Galaxy S Plus" screen. If I start it in recovery mode, the TWRP screen pops up, and then it goes black. Then the TWRP screen comes back. Then it goes black. Just a neverending loop.

At this point, I've stumbled across this post explaining how it can be fixed. However, I never get to the dead Android screen, and honestly, I'm a little scared to try anything more. Can I still fix it, or is it just time to acknowledge that I screwed up completely, buy a new phone, suck it up and never mess around with root again?

submitted by /u/invitroveritas
[link] [comments]

need help uninstalling malware that automatically reinstalls

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 04:31 AM PDT

Hello there.

I have one problem. On my relative's phone (It's Huawei with EMUI 3), malware automatically reinstalls. I want to remove all of them, but so far I had no luck. I tried to root using KingRoot and uninstall all of them. They automatically reinstalled for some reason. I disabled WiFi, erased both sim cards, went into airplane mode but still no luck. All of the apps automatically reinstall. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/gb_14
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Options on the V20? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.