If I upgrade from a Samsung to a Nexus 6P what features of TouchWiz will I miss?

If I upgrade from a Samsung to a Nexus 6P what features of TouchWiz will I miss?


If I upgrade from a Samsung to a Nexus 6P what features of TouchWiz will I miss?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 06:01 AM PDT

I've been wanting to get a Note 7, but those are just crazy expensive. So I decided on a Nexus 6P, however before I make the jump from my S5 what should I be aware of?

submitted by /u/HerPrinceToInfinity
[link] [comments]

What are the chances the new Pixel phones are sold in stores at Verizon WITHOUT Verizon bloat?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 08:08 AM PDT

Is that the rumor that has been circling?

submitted by /u/simplefilmreviews
[link] [comments]

Gf got a new phone from company called Kingzone, and it keeps installing new bloatware apps even after turning off unknown sources, when restarted it enables unknown sources again and reinstalls apps, grants bunch of permissions. What can I do to stop this permanently?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:40 PM PDT

It's installing stuff like App Locker, a bunch of "speed up/ boost" programs. AliExpress, etc. Literally like at least an additional 8 apps and keeps enabling unknown sources and automatically granting a bunch of permissions to these apps like camera and mic access, which is kinda scary. Trying to get a return on it through amazon at the moment, what do I do till then?

Edit: it seems to be able to install some of these apps even without internet/ data. So some of them must be buried inside the android install? We were wondering why this phone was so slow, now we know, it's installing a bunch of bs apps and enabling all of them.

submitted by /u/soliddrake83
[link] [comments]

I just got a ZTE blade A476, and it says it fits a MicroSD (which I have) but I can't seem to find a place to put it, and the instructions barely mentioned it, any ideas folks?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 08:30 AM PDT

My research didn't turn anything up either, I'm looking for a personal recount or something because the internet didn't help (unless I'm looking in the wrong places)

submitted by /u/Optometrist__Prime
[link] [comments]

i just got my first high-end phone (galaxy s7) how do i make sure that it lives for as long as possible?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 01:14 PM PDT

Allo group chat

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 01:13 PM PDT

Anybody able to start a group chat with people who don't have Allo? I've tried and it won't work...thanks

submitted by /u/Kernman36
[link] [comments]

So I'm looking to upgrade from my DROID Ultra. What should I get?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 01:03 PM PDT

So I have an upgrade coming up, and I'm looking into new phones. I'm on Verizon if that matters. The big deal for me is I NEED a headphone jack. If it doesn't have it, I don't want it. I would love to get a pretty powerful phone with a lot of storage (expanded storage works too).

What does Reddit recommend?

submitted by /u/unusedwings
[link] [comments]

Quick toggles on lock screen in 7.0

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:47 PM PDT

Just updated to 7.0 on my Nexus 6P and think it's pretty great. One issue I'm having though is with accessing quick toggles from the lock screen.

When I'm on the home screen or in another app and swipe down from the top once, it brings up notifications and the quick toggles. However, if I do this from the lock screen it does the equivalent of what two swipes down does on the home screen - it brings me right to the full toggle settings pane. From here there are no quick toggles. If I tap WiFi it opens up available networks and tapping Bluetooth opens up the paired devices list.

TL;DR: Is there a way to access the new quick toggles in Android 7.0 from the lock screen?

submitted by /u/girgense
[link] [comments]

How do I manually update my Lenovo Tab 2 A10-30 to Marshmallow?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:46 PM PDT

It won't update, and I don't see anywhere that it's slated for updating.

submitted by /u/bingojak
[link] [comments]

Help! Deleted voicmails recovery possible ?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:10 PM PDT

My girlfriend has a galaxy s6(or 7?) The newest one . She has T-Mobile . Recently her voicemail wasn't working and kept saying unavailable or something .

Now today it's working but all her voicemails are deleted .

Her mom passed away a few months ago from cancer . She had all her mom's most recent voicemails on there . Now they're gone . I haven't seen her this upset since her mom passed.

Tmobile tech said their gone . So it looks like they are . But can't hurt to ask you guys . She's just so upset it was all she had left of her mom's voice specifically towards her. Sucks.

I'm even tearing up right now wanting to cry , just from how devistated my girlfriend is. I feel terrible . Any ideas would help . thank you everyone , have a great day.

submitted by /u/grapplingdummy
[link] [comments]

Storage issues - s7 edge?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:07 PM PDT

So I grabbed an sd card for my s7 edge, using the app moving tool built into the software I moved all my apps. However only a total of 600mb was moved of around 24 gigs. Is this an issue or just how the apps work? If so that really sucks. Showing as on sd card but saved maybe 5% of used space.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Androidphil
[link] [comments]

How do I fix this?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:07 PM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/zAmk97e.png

Since a couple of days, Google Maps just shows me a black screen. I have all app permissions for maps and Google services enabled, I tried disabling hardware acceleration in developer settings, tried uninstalling, tried the beta version and the stock version. Wiped caches, still nothing. What the hell is happening here?

[Sultan ROM - Android 6.0.1, Oneplus One]

Edit: GPS is obviously on. The question mark then disappears, but the map's still black.

submitted by /u/MedBull
[link] [comments]

"Application not installed" Galaxy s7. Starting to get pissed

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:02 PM PDT

I accidentally removed the SD card a couple of days ago and after putting it back in, all the apps I had installed on it (The majority of the apps I have) were reporting as not installed, fair enough, I probably corrupted something.

So I formatted the SD card and put everything back on it and suddenly, ten minutes ago everything is suddenly reporting as "Application not installed" again. Any clues guys? The feature is starting to seem very unreliable

submitted by /u/sadtechnician
[link] [comments]

What's the deal with iMessage?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 03:46 PM PDT

After Allo was released, all I've been seeing is people gushing over iMessage. I have nothing against it, I just don't know why it's so great. I've never owned any apple devices.

submitted by /u/borntoannoyAWildJowi
[link] [comments]

(Total Android noob asking) Is Lenovo A7000 still worth buying in 2016?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 03:44 PM PDT

Not A7000 Plus or that other A7000. Just the plain ol' A7000. Long story short, I live in Turkey where there's a ton of taxes on smartphones and not every model is up for sale here. I'm switching over from Windows Phone, so I don't know much about the ecosystem and the way the updates work here. I want something with at least android 6.0 and 2 GB of RAM and I'm on a tight budget. This guy looks like a winner but should I be worried about how future-proof it is(which is probably not much)? Will I need/want to upgrade it too soon? Should I save up and just get a more up-to-date phone?

submitted by /u/TayOfTheAygir
[link] [comments]

Nexus 6P: Just got 7.0. Regularly my widgets will freeze and stop working. Only a reboot fixes them. Anyone experience anything similar?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 11:24 AM PDT

WhatApp - Tap to record voice note

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 09:01 AM PDT

Does anyone else find their voice notes cutting short, even though you're definitely holding down the record button?

There's a few iOS tweaks that allow tap to record instead of hold to record. Does anything similar exist for Android?

submitted by /u/theweatherman0_o
[link] [comments]

Why does battery saver make the status bar go grey?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:55 PM PDT

Its such a trivial thing i admit but it annoys me so much, wouldnt black be less obtrusive and better on AMOLED screens?

submitted by /u/Merman101
[link] [comments]

Huawei g630 not turing on

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:53 PM PDT

Hi, I have a Huawei g630 and when trying to turn it on and it says

"Boot image verify failed! Please update to the authorized images."

I have tried google, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partittion and much more.... Any ideas?

submitted by /u/I-Should_Be-Studying
[link] [comments]

How to fake device android version per app basis?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:51 PM PDT

I want to make Swiftkey to think my device is running Nougat in order to be able to use the new emojis (which I flashed via TWRP successfully).

I tried modifying the build.prop but Xposed stop working and asked to install sdk23.

So, there's a way to trick just one app to think the device is running a different android version?

Thanks for your help :D

submitted by /u/cuyeritoss
[link] [comments]

Is this a GOOD microSDHC card for my Android phone?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:46 PM PDT

I bought myself a Huawei Honor 5X (16GB internal memory) and as some of you may know it has dual microSD card slots capping at 128GB.

I went out and bought myself a SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Class 10. It wasn't until I put the card into my phone that I realized I could store my apps onto it. Which caused me to think if I needed a faster microSD card, if I wanted to store my apps on the external card and have them open/run efficiently.

Question: Is this microSD suitable for saving my apps onto as well opening/running them? Does the speed of the card affect the speed at which the app runs or only the speed at which it opens?

SD card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57T02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

submitted by /u/SC-Viper
[link] [comments]

Can't properly stream video Samsung SM-T520

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:23 PM PDT

I have the Samsung Galaxy tab pro 10.1 SM-T520 with stock everything, never messed with it at all.

Any way I try and stream videos I have problems. At the very least it will be laggy, the audio will play and the video will freeze, and my entire tablet will become unresponsive. Even worse, it will sometimes turn off my WiFi, and then turn it back on, no matter which wifi I'm connected to. It doesn't matter if I'm on YouTube, Amazon, Netflix, or in my browser, I can't stream any video properly.

Is this a common issue? Are there any fixes for this?

TIA

submitted by /u/rebelyis
[link] [comments]

Get the battery app(?) from Nexus 5 on my new ZTE Axon Elite?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:20 PM PDT

I just bought a ZTE Axon Elite, and I am very happy with it! However, I really want this battery indicator, but I have this.

(How) Can I change this?

Thanks! :D

submitted by /u/Tsukeo
[link] [comments]

Question about unrooting T-Mobile HTC One M8 (x-post from r/HTCOneM8)

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 01:25 PM PDT

I'm on Android 6.0, rooted but still using the stock ROM. I have the bootloader unlocked but I've still got S-ON. I want to unroot and do a factory reset for two reasons: I have way too much crap on my phone and it's getting incredibly sluggish, but I also want to try to roll back to a previous version of Android because root on 6.0 with Sense 7 seems incredibly limited.

If I unroot using the full unroot option in my SuperSU app and then do a factory reset through the phones settings, will I be good? I've been Googling how to unroot and go back to stock but every article I read or video I watch on how to do it shows different steps, and I just want to be sure I'm OK with unrooting through the SuperSU app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/SpyroThBandicoot
[link] [comments]

Looking for a launcher/app that can hide some of the status bar icons

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 01:24 PM PDT

Hi, my jack input is behaving a little weird recently and despite not having my headphones plugged in, phone thinks they are in and switches to headphones mode. At first, I couldn't use the phone because of it, but then I installed one of the headphones switch apps that you can find on Play store and now it's okay, because my phone is tricked into thinking that headphones are off. The one annoying detail is that no matter which app I use for this, sound is good and everything, but there is still that headphones icon on my status bar. It's there all the time. I would like to hide it somehow, but it seems that my settings don't give me that option. So I wondered if you know any launcher or app that can help me hide that icon.

submitted by /u/jacetto888
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about If I upgrade from a Samsung to a Nexus 6P what features of TouchWiz will I miss? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.