App Feedback Thread - September 10, 2016

App Feedback Thread - September 10, 2016


App Feedback Thread - September 10, 2016

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 05:05 AM PDT

This thread is for getting feedback on your own apps. Please adhere to the following rules:

Developers:

  • must make top level comment
  • must include Play Store, GitHub, or BitBucket link
  • must make effort to respond to questions and feedback from commenters
  • may be open or closed source

Commenters:

  • must give constructive feedback in replies to top level comments
  • must not include links to other apps

To cut down on spam, accounts who are too young or do not have enough karma to post may be filtered pending manual approval.

As always, the mod team is only a small group of people, and we rely on the readers to help us maintain this subreddit. Please report any rule breakers. Thank you.

- Da Mods

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Questions Thread - September 10, 2016

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 05:05 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Also, please don't link to Play Store pages or ask for feedback on this thread. Save those for the App Feedback threads we host on Saturdays.

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

GitHub - google/cameraview

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 06:16 AM PDT

A Practical Guide to Material Design Implementation

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 10:21 AM PDT

Downsides to One activity + multiple fragments setup?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 11:10 AM PDT

I'm making a relatively simple app with a navigation drawer. I thought it would be nice to just have one main activity with different fragments loaded in so that I can have the nav drawer be persistent.

I hear a lot, however, about how fragments should be avoided and that a setup like this can become convoluted and difficult to deal with.

Should I stick to multiple activities instead?

submitted by /u/william_howard_taft1
[link] [comments]

Has anyone here gotten a job as a self-taught dev? Got any advice?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 11:37 PM PDT

Correct way of knowing when the app is killed.

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 03:31 PM PDT

Hi r/androiddev

My app has a requirement: every time the user goes to the device home screen, it must log out the user. I addressed this by using a Foreground Manager library. That part is solved.

But now, the app has a new requirement: log out after x minutes of being in the home screen, and firing a notification warning after x-1 minutes. I solved this also easily, using the alarm manager and a BroadcastReceiver I schedule and fire the notification. Might not be the perfect way, but it's a way to do it.

But, here comes my issue: If the user kills the app and there's an scheduled notification, it must be unscheduled. I thought this would be simple: just using the AlarmManager.cancel() with the pending intent object (that's the way I'm unscheduling the notification if the user goes back to the app before x minutes)

However, I discovered, the methods onDestroy() onStop() are not reliable; they might or might not be called. I always thought that if the app is killed for wathever reason, these methods would be called. After this discovery, I'm out of ideas.

What do you recommend? What should I change? Should I attack this from another angle? It might be that I'm misunderstanding the android lifecycle.

Thanks for any feedback and recommendation!

submitted by /u/ryuzaki49
[link] [comments]

Is there an Emaill Address auto suggest library?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 04:43 PM PDT

Hi,

I am looking for a TextView for user to type their email address in and which will auto-suggest the potential options [from the accounts listed in user's AccountManager]. Is there any such library which does that? I looked at Android Arsenal but could not find specifically for the email addresses. Do all app developers [re]write the gluing logic of Account Manager to some auto-suggest TextView?

Similar to this but just for the email addresses: https://android-arsenal.com/details/1/4238

submitted by /u/chaapu
[link] [comments]

Programmatically Create a Screenshot of your Android App or Game - or Even a Single View

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 05:49 AM PDT

Step-by-step introduction to MVP on Android

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 07:10 PM PDT

How to use this API?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 06:40 PM PDT

I came across this: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/doc/index# I'm interested in creating a "nutritional information" type app. I've only got one project in Android using the Android APIs but no external API. How would I go about utilizing the linked API?

submitted by /u/butMED
[link] [comments]

How often do you build your android app during development?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 08:50 AM PDT

I am so bored by app building time. First, I have a bad habit: I am doing build on every little change in my code. Second, the app that I am working on is big so every build takes around 2 minutes. Instant builds help a lot but sometimes I have to do the clean build. Also, I do not have tests in my apps. I am still learning how to make good tests cause I heard that is better to have no tests then bad tests. Does testing help you to make a less number of builds?

submitted by /u/mladenbp
[link] [comments]

Is it considered unorthodox/frowned up to rate my own app?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 07:57 PM PDT

I have published a few apps, and i have rated them all. Is this bad practice or frowned upon? Do you rate YOUR apps?

submitted by /u/JDSlim
[link] [comments]

Why is ithis and how go I stop it?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 07:34 PM PDT

Building dynamic UI

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 03:26 AM PDT

Hello guys, I have a project that in more places of project UI creating dynamic that it depends of fields of model. Now I create all UI for activity/fragment inside activity/fragment, but code of ui takes a lot space. How I can make this logic outside of activity/fragment?

submitted by /u/ne1c
[link] [comments]

With MobileCore Closing down who are you guys going to?

Posted: 10 Sep 2016 03:16 AM PDT

I know they want everyone to migrate over to supersonic but I don't really like the way supersonic handles ads or the integration (i'm still using eclipse with the plugins)

With this message overhead (The deadline keeps extending though)

Important News! As of October 1st, the mobileCore network will no longer be serving ads. To use our upgraded SDK, please click here

So who are you guys going to migrate to? I can't make up my mind.. My apps are mostly soundboards/wallpapers etc so nothing fancy. I'd love to go back to admob but my account isn't in great standing so I don't really want to risk using them and losing everything again.

I'm open to ideas! cpc preferably ;)

submitted by /u/slugshead
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about App Feedback Thread - September 10, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.