If I block someone's number, what happens?

If I block someone's number, what happens?


If I block someone's number, what happens?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 06:11 AM PDT

I have a Samsung, she has a Samsung. If I block her number, and she tries to text me, will it say "text not sent" or something like that? Also, if I unblock it, will I get all her messages after?

submitted by /u/thr0w03
[link] [comments]

Updating question

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:05 PM PDT

Hi, so I just read that the ATT S5 Active is finally getting marshmallow, and I am super excited. My question is, do I need to reformat my device before/after the update? I recall it being a suggestion for the Lollipop update, but I don't know if that is a standard piece of advice or if I only need to if I see any issues?

submitted by /u/iamdorkette
[link] [comments]

Is there an app that makes it ask before calling someone? Because I tend to accidently hit the call button a lot.

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 11:01 AM PDT

Also if there's an app that does the same thing for Facebook/messenger, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Zaquarius_Alfonzo
[link] [comments]

Switching from iOS to Android

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 11:46 AM PDT

Cross-posting here since this wasn't allowed on /r/Android, apparently.

Since January 2009, beginning with the iPhone 3G, I have been an iPhone user. Since then I've carried an iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6+. I've been an active member of the jailbreaking community (as a user and consumer, not developer). I own an iPad, and have owned an Apple TV. Suffice it to say that iOS was my mobile OS of choice.

Recently, however, with the influx of cheaper (and arguably-better-than-iPhone) android alternatives, I had a hard time buying an iPhone as my daily driver. Instead, I chose the ZTE Axon 7, for various reasons that aren't important to this post.

My question to this lovely community is, "what now?" I see that there's a method to logistically switch from iOS to Android; that's great. But what are some of the biggest daily life changes that I'll be facing? The android equivalent of jailbreaking is rooting, but what's that entail? What's the deal with "launchers" (I keep hearing Nova Launcher thrown around)? What's the best reddit app from the marketplace (I currently use narwhal on iOS)? There are so many questions, but no recent, succinct user guide to answer them.

I appreciate any help you can give me, and I look forward to lurking around here soon!

-romerawr

submitted by /u/RomeRawr
[link] [comments]

Is CCleaner, Clean Master or SD Maid?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:04 PM PDT

I have no idea about which app above is best. I do not mind paying the money if it does what it is supposed to do.

Anyone have any recommendations?

*Edit: Do any require root, because I will not be rooting my phone.

submitted by /u/Lukaze
[link] [comments]

How do I use 3/4G instead of LTE?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 11:16 AM PDT

Can't seem to find the option. LTE will destroy my 6GB of data in like a few days..

submitted by /u/fathommages
[link] [comments]

I suspect that either an app or custom android ROM is spying on me. Details in the text.

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 06:08 AM PDT

Few days ago i deleted one of my photo by mistake. So i installed "Disk Digger" app from playstore to restore it back. To my surprise the app not only restored my deleted photo but also hundreds of images which were screenshots of my phone.

These were screenshots of me watching youtube video, using my browser, uninstalling app, using reddit. Precisely Screenshots of all my activities.

Here is an imgur dump of the screenshots. All these screenshots are of 384x384 dimensions. http://imgur.com/a/UbNkV

I have rooted my phone and installed custom ROM "Resurrection Remix" from Xda. link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g-2014/development/rom-ressurrection-remix-m-t3271620

The google apps installed are the pico pack from here http://opengapps.org/

Here is the screenshot of all the apps that are installed in my phone. http://imgur.com/a/jjPVA

To check whether an app is taking screenshots of my activities, i installed free space wiping apps like secure wipe, android shredder and deleted the free space. Then using diskdigger i again tried to restore the photos and yes new photos were present, taken after the previous ones.

After this i installed various antivirus and antispyware apps from playstore and ran full device scan. Avg, norton, avira, dr web, quickheal were tried. No virus of spyware were detected by them. Only AVG detected Whatsapp+ as a risky app.

I suspect either the custom ROM or Whatsapp+ or Google services is taking these screenshots. What should i do to avoid such spying now?

PS: I am not sure whether this is the right subreddit to post this. Please feel free to x-post it to other relevant sub reddits.

submitted by /u/privacyconcerneduser
[link] [comments]

When you tap the "Xapp was successfully installed" notification from Play Store, it should open the app instead

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 06:50 AM PDT

MMS not always downloading on Nexus 6p

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:36 PM PDT

I got a new Nexus 6p around January this year and it worked perfectly fine for the first 5 or so months. Around May, a group text with 10 of my fellow classmates began acting up, at first not downloading just one of my friend's texts (the only other person with an android in the text), but a few weeks ago another member of this group text also had to have every message downloaded. After looking through my network's (AT7T) forums, I found that if i went off of wifi on my LTE, I could download the texts from one person in this group text, but the person I had the initial issues with still had his messages not download. About a week ago I switched to textra, which I had this same MMS issue with on my s5, from Messenger, but it fixed it on my Nexus for some reason. Yesterday I switched back to Hangouts and everything was fine for the day, but today the issue began again. Is there something I need to change on my phone in order to download MMS texts, or are Messenger and Hangouts just not working correctly?

Edit: I just realized how terrible that paragraph is, so here is the TL:DR version: MMS are not downloading on Messenger or Hangouts on my AT&T Nexus 6p. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/Alphaweasel
[link] [comments]

Is there an app that makes *Facebook messenger ask before calling someone through Facebook?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:38 PM PDT

I found a similar one earlier that did this for phone calls, but i also need one for Facebook/messenger

Thanks

submitted by /u/Zaquarius_Alfonzo
[link] [comments]

[Galaxy S4 GT-I9506] No sound + microphone isn't working

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:33 PM PDT

Hi ! I've a Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 with 5.0.1 Android version. Since one day my speakers aren't working anymore. Alarm, music, apps... No sound can't be heard. I've checked sound levels, if I was in "don't disturb me" mode (which I'm not) and so on. Moreover I can't receive/make any call. People either get directly to my voice mail or can't heard me. I can't heard them either. And it's hard to answer calls even if my touchscreen is working perfectly, as soon as I try to slide the green button to answer the call it didn't work 9 out of 10 times.

I don't think any apps is responsible since I haven't put anything new into my phone for weeks.

My music player isn't working either, music on my SD card is labelled as "un correct format" by my player (even if it worked perfectly the other day)

How can I solve those issues ?

(Sorry for my shitty English.)

submitted by /u/SuperMoquette
[link] [comments]

Can't turn Wifi on

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:25 PM PDT

Hello Reddit, (english is not my first language)

since yesterday i'm not able to turn the wifi of my Huawei P8 Lite on. Once I try to, the slide just stays grey. Also i am not able to activate Bluetooth or a mobile hotspot. But i'm still able to connect to the internet with my mobile wifi.

When i go to the wifi options the wifi is disabled by default. Once I swipe it bar will just turn into a lighter grey. When i leave the option menu and return the bar is turned off again.

I haven't rooted my phone and didn't install any new update (as far as i know), here some information about it:

  • Huawei P8 Lite
  • Android Version: 6.0
  • Model number: ALE-L21
  • EMUI-Version: EMUI 4.0
  • Build-Number ALE-L21C432B574

Things I already tried:

  • turn the phone on and off
  • wipe cache partition
  • delete newly downloaded apps/pictures
  • boot in safe mode
  • take the sim out
  • take the micro sd card out
  • Since i can't remove the battery of my phone i waited till the battery hadn't any charge left, slept a night and tried to turn the phone on
  • restart the router (Even though it doesn't has anything to do with it)
  • And finally a hard reset (I hate to do that...And since it didn't worked either i'm asking here for help, because i'm low on options...)

I remember that after a few restarts and some attempts I was able to connect to my router for a very short period of time (I typed the sim password, swiped the...uh..thingy...from the top of the display down and saw the name of my route below the wifi signal symbol and then it already disappeard.) But since then I wasn't able to recreate this situation.

So what could cause this madness? Could it be a broken antenna? And if so, does mobile wifi and "normal" wifi have a different antenna? Or is it just some software bug?

Hoping for help!

submitted by /u/throw-mylaptop-away
[link] [comments]

transferring pictures and videos from my galaxy s7 edge to sd card or to pc corrupts a majority of them

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:18 PM PDT

I have used regular mtp conncection to transfer from phone to pc, i have also transferred from my phone to pc using an app called superbeam, both ways corrupts majority of my media

I also tried transferring pics and vids from phone to my micro sd card using only android(no external cables or apps) and it still corrupts most of them

I have like 15 gigs worth of pics and vids i dont want to lose

submitted by /u/ArabRedditor
[link] [comments]

Better phone app/dialer?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:06 PM PDT

I'm new to the Android world, and looking for app suggestions. Is there a better phone app to replace what came with my Note 7? I'll be honest... the main reason I want to replace it is because the icon pack I use doesn't have an icon for it, but better functionality is always nice as well.

I followed some suggestions to replace the messenger app with Google's messenger and it's working out well so far.

Screenshot with mis-matched icon

submitted by /u/R8J
[link] [comments]

Android USB Mic / Speech to Text

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:00 PM PDT

I'm trying to help a local church that wants to accommodate a recently joined deaf person. They have hearing impaired wireless receivers with earbuds and 3.5mm audio outputs, but unfortunately, that won't be enough in this case. Is there a way I can use an Android tablet with a Speech to text app, using a USB audio input with a 3.5mm cable to connect to the wireless receiver?

From what I understand, the lady can read lips somewhat, but if the speaker looks down or away, she's lost. I know Speech-to-Text isn't perfect, but I think it really could help fill in the gaps. Do any of you know if there's a Speech to Text app that could use a USB audio input, or does the tablet switch to USB audio input mode instead of the stock mic?

Thanks

submitted by /u/ishootpentax
[link] [comments]

I keep getting a "no sim card" error message on my gs4.

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 11:14 AM PDT

I have a sim card entered, I don't understand why I am getting this message that says "connect to a wifi network or insert sim card to use mobile data." I tried restarting, tried taking out and putting back in the sim card and nothing works. I also get a strange text message that has a lot of numbers and letters which makes no sense with my phone number in it. Please help!! It seems like I can still use everything on my phone, but I don't know about receiving texts or calls. This randomly just happened a few minutes ago, I did not touch anything so I am very confused as to why this could be happening.

submitted by /u/-shannon-m-
[link] [comments]

I used Titanium to delete system app Chrome, then reflashed the factory image. Why wasn't Chrome restored?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 11:10 AM PDT

I use Chrome Dev, so I removed Chrome. I expected it to be back after reflashing the factory image, but it wasn't there.

submitted by /u/mushabisi
[link] [comments]

[Issue] Dark rectangle over phone

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:56 PM PDT

Google Photos - converting original to high quality

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:48 PM PDT

When I first installed Google Photos, it backed up all my photos as "Original" quality and now my Drive is nearly full. There's an option in https://photos.google.com/settings to regain your Drive storage by converting your Original quality photos to High Quality. My question is, will this affect the quality of the original photos that are saved on my phone? When you delete pics on Photos, it does delete them from your phone, so I'm wondering if this is the same deal, only with compression.

submitted by /u/FlippinGiraffe
[link] [comments]

Cross Platform Parental Control

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 10:37 AM PDT

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an app that I can run parental controls on a 13 year olds iPhone 5c from my Nexus 5x or my Wife's LG G4. I'm also going to want it to work with future phones as my other children get older(5 kids, with a 13 year old niece that we've basically adopted). A web interface would be nice too. Mostly I'm looking for time based blocking of WiFi and Cellular Data. Also some better location tracking.

Anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/linemandrew
[link] [comments]

Installed block-level ota

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:20 PM PDT

So I made a mistake and installed a block level Ota thru flashfire on a rooted device now a lot of my phones functions aren't working can I fix this or do I need to factory reset. I'm on a nexus 5x. Thanks

submitted by /u/beardmagical
[link] [comments]

Edit picture metadata on phone

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 01:43 PM PDT

Hi I have a nexus 6p and I want to change the date the picture was taken on my phone so that I can better organize in my photo gallery. I changed the attributes on my PC however when I move it over to my phone it just goes to the present date instead of the date it was taken so I'm guessing it has to be changed on the device itself.

submitted by /u/visualexstasy
[link] [comments]

Chrome Audio Persistent Notification?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 07:10 AM PDT

Hi there, today I played some music on Bandcamp/Youtube and noticed it continued playing even if Chrome(stable) was in the backgrond and it left a persistent notification.

I installed a bunch of things so I have no clue what's causing this. I have no idea how it has happened. I'm asking for future reference because I like it, is it a Chrome update? I don't see any Xposed module installed for Chrome. Just Greenify and MinMin.

submitted by /u/Hopefull_Loser
[link] [comments]

Switching to Android. Messaging questions

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 10:51 AM PDT

So I have an iPhone and want to switch to Android. The only issue I am having is the messaging between Android and iPhone as 99% of my contacts have an iPhone. I know regular messaging will work but I am looking for a messaging app that has similar features to iMessage (mostly read notifications) My understanding is that the person on the iPhone would have to download an app. I'm ok with that. What would be the best app for this? Is anything possible where the iPhone user just used iMessage and I can get a new app? Thanks

submitted by /u/jynx18
[link] [comments]

Night light in Play Books

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 04:03 PM PDT

So I know how to turn off night light in Play books, and turning it on makes the screen more orange. However, even with the night light off, there is still a night light effect when I open a book. It's most obvious to see when multitasking into and out of the book, as the background colour of white definitely changes between the multitasking preview and the open app. Anyone know what could be causing this and how I could turn it off?

I have twilight installed, but that is definitely not what is causing this, as I have made sure that twilight was off and I still get this.

TLDR : I still get the night light effect in Play books with night light off.

submitted by /u/digitalrule
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about If I block someone's number, what happens? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.