So, system wide ad blocking with root. How does it work?

So, system wide ad blocking with root. How does it work?


So, system wide ad blocking with root. How does it work?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 10:29 AM PDT

I am using a 2015 Moto X with android 6.0. I am going to be rooting this phone soon, and was wondering about system wide ad blocking. I had a rooted Samsung galaxy S4 before this phone, but I never got around to blocking ads. What app or apps will I need to install to never see another ad on this phone again? The three main applications where I want ad blocking are YouTube, reddit is fun gp, and Firefox.

submitted by /u/JaggedOne
[link] [comments]

I'm having lots of trouble finding a decent 200-250 dollar phone

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:21 PM PDT

So my Z2 got fried 2 weeks ago after a dip in the pool, I loved how fast and reponsive it was, but now that I've got a smaller budget I can't find anything proper.

Most phones I've found have low frequency octacore processors, in contrast to the 2.3 gigahertz quadcore snapdragon 801 on the Z2. Is that actually better, having 8 weaker cores ?

The phones I've found decent so far are the huawei honor 5X, Lenovo K4 note and the oppo F1, but I'm not really satisfied with any of them. Are there really no better options in that price point ? I've been searching for at least a week now and I'm starting to get frustrated, especially that I'm not able to type fast in my current phone which has a laggy keyboard and I'm not able to multitask, 2 of the most important things to me.

submitted by /u/Tesla_X_City
[link] [comments]

Stop Election Stories from showing up in Google Now

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 07:45 AM PDT

Is there any way to permanently remove/ban Google Now from displaying Election Stories in it's own section? Swiping away the card or saying Done with these cars does not remove it permanently and it keeps coming back. There is no listing for election stories in the customize options.

submitted by /u/eschneid
[link] [comments]

I Broke the Stock Android Marshmallow Messaging App

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 02:39 PM PDT

So, I recently got a new Nexus 5x. SO exciting! Whilst imputing my contacts from my old iPhone 4s, I accidentally put the wrong area code in for my friend and then promptly proceeded to text my him in a Group Chat(GC). Then I realized my mistake and fixed it. Messenger does NOT like that. And Now I receive all of my texts from that GC in the GC with the wrong area code phone number. All the while I have to text the RIGHT GC. I have switched to a different messaging app but I just do not like the look of any of them as much. Fast forward one week. I try uninstalling all the updates on the stock messenger and then reinstalled. Then I try to use the stock messenger again and low and behold, it is happening with another group chat with the same person in it. My service provider is AT&T.

P.S. I am sorry if this is the wrong Area for this.

submitted by /u/OrnateLime5097
[link] [comments]

No app for intent error on Samsung Galaxy s7 edge.

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 02:39 PM PDT

For a few days now everytime I try to open a Url from any app other than chrome I get the following message with a different Url in the middle of course. It is very irritating and I am on the brink of resetting my phone. I have been searching Google with very little luck. Mostly similar unanswered questions and one post on stack overflow that goes over my head in understanding.

Does anyone have any suggestions so I can avoid resetting my phone?

submitted by /u/gigashadowwolf
[link] [comments]

Gmail push notifications have stopped working.

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 02:09 PM PDT

I have tried restarting my Galaxy S7 on Android 6.0.1 several times and I am still not getting push notifications for either of my two gmail accounts. I need to get this working because it is severely annoying having to remember to keep checking my gmail account every hour or so to stay up to date on things.

Has anyone had a problem with this, or know how to resolve it? I saw a few years ago there was a similar issue on an old android build which struck me as quite odd.

submitted by /u/Unhelpful_Scientist
[link] [comments]

Chrome is not available for my device. How do I go about Chromecasting a live stream if the cast button only shows up in Chrome's video player?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 01:36 PM PDT

I'm trying to cast a live stream but all of the video casting apps that I've tried seem to only support regular pre-recorded video. Anyone have any tips?

Apps that I've been trying and messing with:

  • BubbleUPnP(great for audio casting!)

  • LocalCast(great for streaming movies and shows from Showbox!)

  • Web video caster

  • TV Cast.

I'd rather not cast the screen because playing it directly from the Chromecast reduces the amount of issues, and saves battery.

EDIT: MX Player can play the stream, but sadly MX Player has no casting support. The video player in Opera Browser also seems to be able to play it, but again, no casting support for that either. The stream seems to be able to load in both Lightning and Opera, I think the AOSP browser works too. But if I try to play it using something like the Google Photos player, I get "Can't play this video"

submitted by /u/PATXS
[link] [comments]

Set Daydream as Live Wallpaper

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 01:34 PM PDT

So there's this sick a$$ clock https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beatonma.iheardyoulikeclocks Unfortunately it would only work as daydream. Is there any way to convert or set it as live wallpaper instead?

submitted by /u/psydex
[link] [comments]

Android screen overlay detected

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 01:11 PM PDT

I'm using twilight on Samsung s7 running andoid 6. I've read tons of posts about uninstalling the App to solve screen overlay problem. I was wondering if there is anyway of removing this issue while running twilight.

submitted by /u/nicofirst1
[link] [comments]

Unlocked vs No contract

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:59 PM PDT

I'm looking for a secondary (wifi only) device under $100 is there a difference between buying an unlocked phone vs a no contract phone.

submitted by /u/flipkidflash
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S6 Charging Issue - Need Help.

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 06:51 AM PDT

Hi, I have had my phone for about 3 months and currently am having issues with it. My samsung galaxy s6 edge will not seem to charge whenever pluged into any charging device; however, it seems to recognize that the cable was plugged in. This seems to be a fairly common problem with the s6. While I have tried many troubleshooting guides online - none seemed to fix the problem.

Here is the image I get when attempting to charge the device: https://gyazo.com/0a4da36a7cbba5e2446dcb9e36b101a0

submitted by /u/Epicheart
[link] [comments]

Noob question about purchasing phones on contract?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:47 PM PDT

SOLVED

I want to know if there is an option to purchase a phone by paying by the month instead of the upfront purchase or is that not a thing? Because I saw this and I was confused by it.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/htc-10-carbon-grey/details?WT.MC_ID=ON_MEC_S_GOOGLE_Google+Shopping+HTC_p11075946004&WT.srch=1#choosePlanAnchor

SOLVED

submitted by /u/RichieEB
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S6 images look fine but once sent over Facebook Messenger they appear blurry.

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 08:47 AM PDT

This has only been a problem since last night. My phone hasn't ever done this before and I've had it 3 months.

The images are unreadable and completely blurred. They are not just 'compressed'. Somebody please give me a solution soon!

submitted by /u/Dr-Dee
[link] [comments]

Could someone suggest an App like ES File Explorer with less features

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:22 PM PDT

I'm looking for an app, paid is fine, to access files on our Windows network, but ideally with little functionality, I'm using ES but it has lots of jazzy features the users don't really need.

submitted by /u/zizl
[link] [comments]

Using google play music to play transferred music without subscription

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:16 PM PDT

Hey /r/AndroidQuestions. I want to switch over from windows phone to android and I had a query about google play music. What I want to know is can google play music play the music I transfer from my PC to the device's music folder or does it need a subscription for that too? I cannot subscribe as google play music isn't available in my country.

submitted by /u/lkajdsfoa
[link] [comments]

What are the top mobile game blogs & forums I should get my game reviewed on?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:58 PM PDT

How to get chrome tabs back on recent apps?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:53 PM PDT

I used this feature a lot and IMO this is faster than the method that is implemented atm. Any way to bring it back?

submitted by /u/WakerPT
[link] [comments]

Nexus 6p Audio only out of 1 headphone

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 12:07 PM PDT

So I was listening to music on my 6p and all of a sudden the right headphone started getting really crackly and just stopped playing music. At first I thought my the headphones broke but I tried a different set in my 6p and the same issue. Any idea whats going on??

submitted by /u/arty1993
[link] [comments]

Marshmallow lock screen notifications

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:51 PM PDT

I'd like to remove certain apps from allowing their notifications appearing on my lock screen. I know there's a setting to make apps "sensitive content" to keep them off the lock screen, but that option is not showing up on my Nexus 6p. I looked elsewhere and I know where it's supposed to be. I know also that I need to have "Show all notification content" on. That's done, it's all set. But then when I go to each individual app, there is no option to tick for sensitive content. I'm fine having notifications appear in my notifications tray, I just don't want anything other than messaging on my lock screen (So I don't want to turn off notifications altogether). Anyone else encountered this where there's simply no option to turn sensitive content on for individual apps?

Thanks

submitted by /u/maorl
[link] [comments]

File downloads silently fail (Nexus 5, 6.0.1, not rooted)

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:44 PM PDT

This has been happening for a few months now and it's driving me crazy.

I download podcasts using Chrome and Inoreader.com (RSS reader). File always starts downloading just fine, download progress shown in the notifications. More often than not, next time I check on the download, the notification is gone, and there's no trace of the file on my phone. No download failed notification, nothing.

This happens on every wifi connection I've tried, so I'm pretty confident the problem isn't my internet connection. Google has failed to produce any similar issues.

Anybody have any ideas?

submitted by /u/MrDrumble
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to stop signal messenger from asking me if I want to invite every new person I talk to?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:43 PM PDT

I have been using signal for a few weeks now, and I love it. But one thing really irks me. Every time I start a new sms conversation, I have to dismiss the invite window. Is there any way to stop it from asking if I want to invite everyone?

submitted by /u/JaggedOne
[link] [comments]

"New Voicemail (7)". When I dial voicemail, I hear "there are no new messages". How do I reset it to zero?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 11:56 AM PDT

Where's the Submit feedback for Google now? (screenshots inside)

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 11:49 AM PDT

Hello, I'm running Android kitkat on sony xperia z3. I'm on the feedback page for Google Now and can't find a submit button

Does anybody else have this problem?

Please see images

http://imgur.com/VPV14hK

http://imgur.com/tjqfXuB

Thank you

submitted by /u/ta94039
[link] [comments]

FPS drops i games (S7 Edge Exynos variant)

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:27 PM PDT

After i got my S7 Edge i have noticed stuttering in games, i did a test with GameBench and found THIS. Now this is not limited to Monument Valley. I have tried the Game Tuner, disabling services via Package Disabler and also disabling the Game tools from Samsung. Is this just a optimization problem on the developers side or is it just my phone?

submitted by /u/Sosinondodrore
[link] [comments]

Google Now's "Stories to Read" is the greatest thing on your phone. How to read on desktop?

Posted: 16 Jun 2016 03:12 PM PDT

Google Now has relevant personal information, and as you scroll down, the articles appear. As you swipe right to get through them, it leads to a mini-card called "Stories to Read". You hit that, and if you have been curating/editing your cards, it is awash with unbelievably relevant and fascinating information from all over the world. I absolutely LOVE THIS FEATURE. It's not only real, meaningful, interest and topical based information, but it also keeps you off the black hole of social media's droning idiocy.

I have only 3 questions:

a) does anyone love "Stories to Read" as much as me?

b) can I do this, ie read these stories, on desktop without going through pain of "click on article, send to inbox, hit "save to inbox", press back, continue"?? I would love to be able to do this on desktop, because I am sorta a luddite or neophyte, and don't like to stare at my phone screen.

c) When I am reading them, sometimes I will read an article, send to someone or myself, and end up losing the entire "stories to read" that I have swiped right, cultivated, etc... and there's no way to get back to that other than start over. Is there a way to make it less buggy in that sense?

submitted by /u/unclefishbits
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about So, system wide ad blocking with root. How does it work? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.