Battery draining, goes from 50-60% to 0% and turns off

Battery draining, goes from 50-60% to 0% and turns off


Battery draining, goes from 50-60% to 0% and turns off

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 01:20 PM PDT

Greetings.

I'm having an issue with my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (two years old) where the phone goes from having roughly 50-60% to 0% battery in an instant. I've read some support-threads, and most suggested to use PC Companion to reset the phone, which I have done - twice.

Attached are two screenshot before and after I've reset the phone.

According to most of these support-topics, the issue was related to an Android issue, where some applications supposedly got stuck in trying to sync, leading to extreme battery drainage, but I have no idea if that's the case on my phone, but the symptoms are quite similar.

This issue started for me roughly one week ago, and I don't remember any major updates around that time.

Screenshots:
* http://i.imgur.com/cXejS8q.png
* http://i.imgur.com/PXrnThp.png

Some topics with similar issues
* http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-P/Battery-lose-from-40-to-0-that-need-changer-to-boot-again/td-p/208152
* https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Sony-Z1-Compact-battery-drop/td-p/990701

submitted by /u/Anthail
[link] [comments]

Weird notification

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 08:35 AM PDT

Female for English (United Kingdom) queued

It's been sitting there since yesterday and I can't make it go away. Where does this come from?

submitted by /u/ban-me-now
[link] [comments]

Way To Restore Merged Tabs In Chrome?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 10:46 AM PDT

I know not a lot of people dug the feature, but I really liked having all my tabs in the app switcher. Is there any way for me to restore this, other than having to uninstall all updates to Chrome every morning? Are there other browsers that have this feature or something?

submitted by /u/dragonblade629
[link] [comments]

Anyone know what this icon is/does?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 02:26 PM PDT

--IMAGE--

This icon just showed up on my screen and I have no idea how it got there or what it is. Also, I get absolutely no service from my carrier (T-Mobile), though I don't know if that thing is causing it. My mom is under the same plan and she doesn't have the icon and she has service. I restarted my phone three times but nothing has changed.

If it's relevant, I have a Galaxy Avant and I'm running it on version 4.4.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/QwertMuenster
[link] [comments]

Note 3 N9005 LTE will not boot in custom recovery

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:50 AM PDT

I rooted my phone with CF-Auto-Root and it worked out all fine, I also verified if SuperSU was properly installed and it is. Afterwards, I tried to install a custom recovery which failed countless times before, when I was rooted with KingoRoot, and it would not install properly. It did install and showed a green pass on Odin. Phone reboots nicely. But, when I tried to boot in recovery mode, a message in yellow text appears saying Warranty Bit Set : Recovery and it won't let me go in recovery mode. It just restarts and boots in normal mode. I tried forcing it to reboot in recovery mode with an app, but it got stuck in a bootloop and had to flash stock ROM again. What can I do to solve this?

submitted by /u/Kalhnykta
[link] [comments]

Sold a guy my tablet, he's locked out?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 04:45 AM PDT

I sold a guy my android 5.1 tablet and reset it without removing my google account first. Now he's telling me that this is popping up "Please sign in with a google account taht was previously synced with this device". Is there a way to disable that or for me to "release" that tablet without meeting again or giving him my password?

submitted by /u/zijin_cheng
[link] [comments]

if i root a tablet with 4g lte on it do i get free unlimited tethering and hotspot?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 12:40 PM PDT

An Alcatel one touch pixi 7 on t mobile with unlimited data but 2gb of high speed.

submitted by /u/Unavai1ab1e
[link] [comments]

Trying to Understand Samsung Kies

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 10:09 AM PDT

I've been putting off updates on my Galaxy S4 for about 2 months now hah…Kies intimidates me. (I'm a tech virgin) Apparently I need to install Kies before I can install firmware update…but, I'm told to back up my data before installing the update too. where will my data be backed up onto? My Mac? Any other tips you can give me would be very helpful. Thank you :)

edit: Oh, I'm seeing lost of discussions of "flashing in files" and "ODin" or "Heimdall"? Cool names, but…what are they :p

edit2: Ok so I've installed Kies…and it's saying I should update to Smart Switch or something?

submitted by /u/Xemnas81
[link] [comments]

Google Now Package Tracking

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 10:05 AM PDT

How does Google Now track packages, for instance from Amazon? Does the confirmation email need to be sent to my gmail account? I have created just about every account with an (non gmail) email address that I've had forever.

I have an HTC One M9 on AT&T if that somehow matters but I've never gotten any sort of tracking info in Google Now.

submitted by /u/StallisPalace
[link] [comments]

Problems with downloaded songs

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:41 AM PDT

I'm using Sony Xperia M4 Aqua and I download songs fron Youtube using the converter on the Net. When I import it to my phone, everything is fine for a while but after some time the songs get shorter: 5-8 seconds get bitten off a song. Is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/vag19
[link] [comments]

How to I get rid of Google Now notification icon?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 11:26 AM PDT

Hello!

Today my Nexus 6P (6.0.1) began showing a white circle icon in the notification bar.. I can't tap on it, and can't remove it like other notifications.. I can long press on it however, which is why I know it's from Google Now. I do use Google Now, but have never seen this before, and I kind of thinks it's annoying, when it's constantly there.. The only thing that I've tried that worked, was a reboot.

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh1taxo35jbfzgi/googlenow.png?dl=0

I hope someone can tell me how to get rid of this, or at least inform me why it's there.

Greetings

Leeswaggers

submitted by /u/LeeSwaggers
[link] [comments]

Do you miss having root on Marshmallow?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:12 AM PDT

I am contemplating whether to upgrade my Verizon Galaxy S5 to the latest official ROM. The biggest hurdle I have is that everything I've read says that achieving root on the latest Samsung Marshmallow ROM is all but impossible, so my question to you is: If you have had root access before but don't use it now on Marshmallow, do you miss it? Why?

Apologies in advance if this was asked and answered already.

submitted by /u/SFC_Nagle
[link] [comments]

How to rearrange Google Now cards?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 02:44 PM PDT

How do I for example make it so the weather card is the first one?

Im on Nexus 6P (6.0.1)

submitted by /u/LeeSwaggers
[link] [comments]

Awful battery life on Galaxy s5 since Marshmallow update?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 05:55 AM PDT

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix it? For example, it's only 9am and my battery is at 79%.

submitted by /u/bwitt33
[link] [comments]

Multitasking

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 10:49 AM PDT

Hi there,

Basically when I hold down the back button on other Android devices i get a view of all apps that are open. However on this new phone (a rooted DirtyUnicorn android 5.1 Oneplus one) this does not occur when I hold the return/back button. How do i enable this?

submitted by /u/Fwamboso
[link] [comments]

My buddy rooted my phone a while back but I'd like to unroot it so I can go back to updating my phone and apps. How would I do so?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 05:43 AM PDT

I've got a Nexus 6p and I like most of the rooted stuff I can do, but I'd like to update for the security patches and some apps. Where can I learn to unroot? And would it be possible to root again after?

submitted by /u/DrummerDKS
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to turn off the custom emojis in the new Facebook Messenger? On iOS you can

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 05:33 AM PDT

Strange video issue with new ROM LG G3

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 02:10 PM PDT

So I have just installed my first ROM on my us990 G3, and one of the only ROMs available (octOS) is amazing but there is one issue. For some reason, opening the camera restarts the phone, and any sort of video play back, whether it's on Facebook or YouTube, crashes the app. Ive tried in browser YouTube, but that breaks too. I can watch gifs on the Imgur app, but not through any Reddit app. Also, Snapchat doesn't work, which I'm assuming is because even on the login screen it uses the front camera, which crashes.

I just want to see if there are any other US990 users out there experiencing this because safe mode doesn't fix it, and the devs just said the US990 version just became available. You would think "oh just wait for a patch then" which I will, but they said this has never been reported either. Does anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/muffinscat
[link] [comments]

Samsung s7 DAC vs HTC 10 DAC Question

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 05:20 AM PDT

As I'm looking into picking my next phone upgrade the aspect of sound output is very important to me because i spent most of my compute listening to music with Sony MDRs and i'm curious about the DACs of these two flagship phones.

I keep hearing that the BoomSound DAC is really good, but i haven't come across any comments about the Samsung s7 DAC. So for those who are audiophiles and have had the chance to listen to both device which one has the stronger DAC?

Cheers,

submitted by /u/FncStones
[link] [comments]

Android update statistic per manufacturer

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 06:24 AM PDT

Hi, I am looking for a site with stats regarding which manufacturer is upodating how often his phones e.g. samsung x month after initial nexus release fo android L version etc...

submitted by /u/deralx
[link] [comments]

Need a custom keyboard layout without extensive coding knowledge. Suggestions?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 01:50 PM PDT

I work with Indigenous languages often as well as in French and Hungarian, and I am looking at getting a Chromebook or Android tablet (I know this is Android questions, but asking a question within the web of Google subreddits posed to be a bigger issue than I thought). However, my previous computer–Mac–supported Ukelele, and I can find no equivalent in the Google ecosystem. Is there software or any work around that would allow me native usage of unicode characters like: θ, ɂ, ə, m̓, q̓ and diacritic dead-keys like ¨ + u = ü or ˝ + o = ő. Help please!

submitted by /u/danachos
[link] [comments]

Are there any external high-gain WiFi antennas that can be used with an Android device?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 09:48 AM PDT

I've seen high-gain WiFi antennas that connect to PCs and laptops via USB and act as another networking device to the operating system. But can such a thing be done with an Android device?

submitted by /u/fongaboo
[link] [comments]

Google play problem...

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 01:33 PM PDT

Whenever i try installing/updating an app from google play store it downloads normally but then i have to restart the store to head to the installation phase and i have to do this for every single app. Is there something i can do to fix this? Im using a Sony Xperia e2105

submitted by /u/HtC_IAC
[link] [comments]

Is The Subscription-Based Payment Model An Option For Android Games?

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 01:20 PM PDT

Are subscription-based models for mobile games allowed, or is the payment model only limited to microtransactions/premium? Been trying to do a little research, but I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question, even though I want to learn toward "no."

submitted by /u/cookiemilk421
[link] [comments]

Weird crackling sound coming from oneplus x

Posted: 08 Jun 2016 01:19 PM PDT

Since yesterday morning my oneplus x has been making weird crackling sounds. I guess you could also call them tiny pops. The only thing that happened was a small drop of water that fell on the screen. It can't be water damage. A small drop wouldn't do that, especially not one that fell on the screen. Until yesterday morning the phone was fine. And I guess it still is, besides these sounds. You can especially listen to them towards the bottom of the phone. Does anyone know what's happening? And how I can make them stop?

submitted by /u/NorthernStoicRanger
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Battery draining, goes from 50-60% to 0% and turns off at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.