When I request desktop site, how come I don't get desktop site? How can I just see a desktop site.

When I request desktop site, how come I don't get desktop site? How can I just see a desktop site.


When I request desktop site, how come I don't get desktop site? How can I just see a desktop site.

Posted: 21 May 2016 07:25 AM PDT

Mobile websites are bad. They're not good, and I don't want to see yours.

submitted by /u/fartbox
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to stop the google app from opening links using the in-app google app browser, instead of chrome?

Posted: 21 May 2016 01:44 PM PDT

I've noticed recently it has started doing this, and it really bugs me.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/the-glimmer-man
[link] [comments]

Nexus 5, still worth it?

Posted: 21 May 2016 06:54 AM PDT

Title says it all...is the N5 a good phone for a daily driver in 2016?

submitted by /u/arrogantlawnmower
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to have the Samsung keyboard on non-Samsung devices? (for example Samsung Galaxy S7 keyboard on Nexus 6P)

Posted: 21 May 2016 01:27 PM PDT

Title is self explaining :D Tested the keyboard and I like it, I don't know if it's possible and allowed to have it. Just want to know if it'S possible and if there are any resources, didn't find anything :/

submitted by /u/mizuya
[link] [comments]

Confused. What is auto-sync actually doing?

Posted: 21 May 2016 12:43 AM PDT

I recently moved from ios to android and I'm confused as to what auto-sync really is.

I thought it was simply refreshing apps to receive new content, but that doesn't seem to be the case for a few reasons.

  1. I disabled sync for Outlook, yet still receive new mail/notifications instantly?

  2. There are some apps I use that don't even show up under the accounts section in settings, so I can't enable/disable sync for them. And yet I still receive notifications/content from those apps instantaneously, even with auto-sync disabled?

  3. Facebook. I don't even know what's going on here. Under settings > accounts > facebook, it says sync is disabled, and the option to 'sync all' is grayed out. There is a subheading 'general sync settings' that gives the option 'sync with your device'. Selecting that takes me to the subheading 'sync your Facebook account with other apps' with the option 'sync with your device'.

Why is it asking to sync Facebook with other apps? Is this something different to normal syncing? And when I select that option, it redirects me to Facebook with the message "Samsung Galaxy would like to post to Facebook for you. Who should be able to see these posts?'. Why is it now asking to permission to post to Facebook for me? Why do none of the other apps under settings>accounts act like this? Oh and, of course, despite sync being 'disabled' for Facebook, I still receive notification instantly.

So basically, I'm really confused about what 'sync' actually means in Android. When I disable auto-sync I receive the warning "you will not receive notifications about updates", and yet I absolutely do.

If anyone can clear this up I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

submitted by /u/audacity828
[link] [comments]

Where do you go to customise your phone?

Posted: 21 May 2016 10:46 AM PDT

Like is there any websites, subreddit or anything that has a wide variety of theming options that people have made using launchers and widgets etc.

submitted by /u/ArcaneOrb
[link] [comments]

Why do empty files keep accumulating in my phone?

Posted: 21 May 2016 06:50 AM PDT

So I've been having some battery issues and turns out its due to the media server scanning these empty files.

Is there anything I can do to stop them? Thanks

submitted by /u/h98matty
[link] [comments]

Weird problem

Posted: 21 May 2016 02:59 PM PDT

Hi, i have a really strange problem with my Moto G (3rd gen). When i have no SIM card inserted, it's really fast without any problem, and when i have a SIM card, it's slow, freezing, crashing. And regardless the ROM i using. Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !

submitted by /u/r33int
[link] [comments]

Looking for picture app that doesn't save to gallery and lets me take "temporary" pictures

Posted: 21 May 2016 07:19 AM PDT

I often take a picture of something that I'm not interested in keeping in the long term, for example the map of a shooping mall that I will not visit twice, a recipe from a book that I need once in the kitchen etc. In these situations, it's annoying to have to manually delete them from gallery and dropbox because of the automatic save and upload, so I'm looking for an app that lets me use it as kind of a "camera clipboard" where I just snap a picture, and all it will do is hold on to it until I take another one that replaces it.

Is there such a thing?

submitted by /u/metellius
[link] [comments]

Can't enter recovery mode

Posted: 21 May 2016 10:50 AM PDT

Hi, a friend of mine gave me an old tablet to see if I can get it running since he doesn't remember the password and now it's asking for his google account (which he doesn't remember neither). It's a ENERGY i8 DUAL. I'm trying to enter the recovery mode to format the tablet but when I do so I just see the android robot with an alert sign. I've also tried to put a needle in the reset hole but nothing seems to work.

How can I reset the tablet?

Thanks

submitted by /u/meddiocre
[link] [comments]

S7 terrible battery life why?

Posted: 21 May 2016 10:42 AM PDT

Here are my settings:

Basic display (not adaptive or anything else) Mobile data off WiFi off when phone sleeps Smart network switch off No automatic updates Screen brightness 5% no auto Material design dark theme Always on display off Location off Sync on

Here are my apps:

Amazon video Amazon app store Amazon shopping BASS drive player Carmageddon Downwell Horizon chase Lloyd's bank Messenger (facebook) Metal Pro Music mate Netflix PayPal Pixel dungeon Play games Play music Play store Power amp Quadropus rampage Reddit is fun Rewards (google) Three (UK) U torrent

Battery stats:

76% 9h 27m 50s on battery Cell standby 47% Android system 17% Device idle 16% Android os 9% Screen 8%

So what the fuck? Why do I lose more than 20% with my phone sitting in my pocket at work all day and I barely touch it. All I do is press the power button to display the screen to see the time, press it again to close the screen and put back in pocket. The most I've used my phone today is to type out this post and I gather it's taken me 10 mins so far... so where the fuck did my 20% or so battery life go?

So much for the press conference... in Barcelona. Yay better battery life more mAH battery... doesn't mean shit.

submitted by /u/cr4zyjason
[link] [comments]

MY galaxy s5 won't charge

Posted: 21 May 2016 08:16 AM PDT

Hi everyone! since yesterday i have had a problem with my gs5. It just stopped charging. When i try to charge it it shows no sign that its charging at all. Infact it looks like the phone is losing charge, instead of the battery taking in charge it's giving off charge. I have never experienced this before. I have taken out the battery and looked at it and it seemed fine, the battery was not swollen at all. the only thing i noticed that was weird was that there was a little wet spot between the battery and the phone which i wiped off. my questions are: is this a battery problem or a phone problem? will buying a new battery fix it or is there something else i can try first?

submitted by /u/righteous_scumbag
[link] [comments]

MTP not functioning properly on a note 2 with OctOS (CM13)

Posted: 21 May 2016 02:07 PM PDT

So I've rooted and flashed an SGH-T889 recently and put OctOS, which is based on CM13 on it. Other than the very unstable nature of CM13, the MTP doesn't work with Windows 10 (I haven't tried with any other os) I found a guide online that says you need to set usb configuration to Charging instead of MTP, and that works once but then the USB configuration automatically changes back to MTP. Is there a way I can fix this more permanently or a way to automate switching USB Coniguration to Charging? I haven't found an app capable of changing specific developer options on USB disconnect.

submitted by /u/Yummychickenblue
[link] [comments]

Note 5 help

Posted: 21 May 2016 08:07 AM PDT

So i recently dropped my s5 after it feel out of my pocket while i was running after a ball. the screen is now cracked at the top left corner and the screen is just black. The notification light is on and its sometimes just a blue light that just switches between light blue and dark blue and it sometimes it changes to a solid red-orangey light and sometimes there is no light at all.

submitted by /u/Frunguper
[link] [comments]

Http adress dissapears after loading page.

Posted: 21 May 2016 08:01 AM PDT

If im on reddit, no matter what thread or sub, it just says www.reddit.com. Is there a way to show the full http all the time like a desktop computer?

submitted by /u/bashfulapple
[link] [comments]

Gmail background data through the roof!

Posted: 21 May 2016 02:12 AM PDT

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else's Gmail start consuming lots of background data lately?

My data cycle started on the 16th of May. I have 2GB allowance and today I got a message saying that 80% of it is gone.

I thought that is odd. I went to see who was the culprit and surprisingly Gmail had spent 1.05GB of data! See http://imgur.com/a/cAvyS

I have it set to only download attachments on Wi-Fi and I haven't used it so much (you can see foreground usage at 7.10MB).

The problem may have started to happen on my previous cycle though. See this http://imgur.com/a/VAtvG

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?

submitted by /u/dosaki
[link] [comments]

There is a little house with a random city name/weather and I can't figure out how to change it.

Posted: 21 May 2016 01:13 PM PDT

I have an HTC M9 running Android 6.0, Verizon. I have updated location settings and dug around d for where this might be, but I can't figure it out.

I totally forgot to say that this happens on my lock screen.

submitted by /u/theTallBoy
[link] [comments]

Help me find a phone

Posted: 21 May 2016 12:28 PM PDT

Hi and thanks for reading.

Features I want:

1) Metal body 2) Removable battery 3) MicroSD slot 4) No on-screen nav buttons (Samsung style preferred) 5) No bigger than 5 inches 6) 3GB or more ram

submitted by /u/3Farya
[link] [comments]

Get scroll sensitivity

Posted: 21 May 2016 12:19 PM PDT

My current main driver is a S6 edge which has a lot of scroll sensitivity which I like, now I have a s4 and scrolling is so painful man. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/TheMetaPirate
[link] [comments]

Haven't put a ROM on a phone since the M8. Are there any ROMS out there for the HTC10 that don't require s-off?

Posted: 21 May 2016 12:03 PM PDT

HTC10, US, T-Mobile, Unlocked, rooted, s-on, xposed framework installed. I'm severely yearning having Android Revolution HD and Sense 6/7. That's really all I want.

submitted by /u/NunsOnFire
[link] [comments]

S6 Vibration Problem (please help)

Posted: 21 May 2016 11:36 AM PDT

I updated to Marshmallow 6.1 about an hour ago and since then my vibration for the back and preview keys is so insignificant. I liked being able to have a proper feedback and now it is next to non-existent. I have all of the settings on its fullest vibration, am using Nova Launcher and I know that I can get more vibration because my SwiftKey keyboard is at 23ms.

If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it could you please help? :(

submitted by /u/YeezyReddit
[link] [comments]

lg g3 stopped working after upgrade to lollypop.

Posted: 21 May 2016 07:48 AM PDT

i update my lg g3 to lollypop and now i cant to do anything. there are these three messages popped up every time, I want to do something. Unfortunately home has stopped Unfortunately smart screen has stopped unfortunately the process com.lge.ia.task.process.shared has stopped when i try to open settings it said, unfortunately settings has stopped. when i update there was message when it restarted like UI will become inconsistent etc etc. what to do?

submitted by /u/chaudhry916
[link] [comments]

Note 4 can't open microphone in Google app and s voice

Posted: 21 May 2016 11:32 AM PDT

I have a note 4 and my carrier is sprint I just started having thus problem two days ago whenever I try to use the mic for google and s voice it doesn't work it says can't open microphone and when I try it with s voice it says another application is using my mic even though I don't have any other apps running.

submitted by /u/Gianthead440
[link] [comments]

Note 4 ok Google says it can't open microphone

Posted: 21 May 2016 11:15 AM PDT

And when I use s voice it says the microphone is being used by another application but I don't got no other apps running

submitted by /u/Gianthead440
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy J7 J700P Root

Posted: 21 May 2016 11:06 AM PDT

I can't find a single method of rooting this phone. I've tried Kingroot, Framaroot, and Kingoroot. Are there any types that just work with any phone? I'm running on 6.0.1 Marshamallow.

submitted by /u/minz1
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about When I request desktop site, how come I don't get desktop site? How can I just see a desktop site. at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.