Questions Thread - May 30, 2016

Questions Thread - May 30, 2016


Questions Thread - May 30, 2016

Posted: 30 May 2016 05:11 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Weekly "who's hiring" thread!

Posted: 30 May 2016 06:32 AM PDT

Looking for Android developers? Heard about a cool job posting? Let people know!

Here is a suggested posting template:

Company: <The company>
Job: <Title>
Location: <City, State, Country>
Allows remote: <Yes/No>
URL: <Link to the listing URL>
VISA: <Yes/No>

Feel free to include any other information about the job.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Toothpick: A scope tree based Dependency Injection (DI) library for Java (and Android)

Posted: 30 May 2016 04:48 PM PDT

[OT] How much time do you spend on programming (or related activities) every day?

Posted: 30 May 2016 11:17 AM PDT

(Kinda offtopic, so sorry about that if this isn't allowed)

I don't understand how everyone keeps up with all this information overload. There are new libraries, architecture and design patterns and so much more, being published every week. I feel I'll never be able to catch up and be good enough in my own eyes!

I wonder how much time the "top" Android developers spend (or spent?) to reach where they are. I think I spend about 6-7 hours every day -- writing code, reading docs and other things, perhaps a podcast or video every now and then.

How much time do all of you spend?

submitted by /u/baggum
[link] [comments]

How good is Firebase Analytics compared to Google Analytics?

Posted: 30 May 2016 08:28 AM PDT

PSA: A serious bug has forced Google to shut down a service causing the Mobile Vision API to currently not work if the user has not used it before.

Posted: 30 May 2016 12:40 AM PDT

Google Maps Will Soon Allow You to Share Your ETA, Add a Shortcut to Routine Destinations, and Create a Map of Your Location History

Posted: 30 May 2016 12:42 PM PDT

App developing project

Posted: 30 May 2016 11:03 PM PDT

Hi,

I'm a student from Singapore and have some questions for my project. Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I am required to develop an app that allows user to take multiple pictures of CT scans of stroke patients. From there, the app should be able to identify the hemorrhage area and estimate the volume of the hemorrhage.

However, I have near to no knowledge of android development. How do I start?

submitted by /u/elym_lua
[link] [comments]

[RxMemoization] - Lib to cache the results of heavy or frequent repeating operations

Posted: 30 May 2016 07:12 AM PDT

Google I/0 2016 – Android Highlights

Posted: 30 May 2016 09:35 AM PDT

How much time did you spend on your first android application ? What was your level (Beginner,expert,junior ...) ?

Posted: 30 May 2016 08:47 PM PDT

I know java 3 years already , I know a lot of technologies related to java but I still feel myself like I'am a beginner.

I did two application of android for school but I never pushed an application to Google Play Store because those apps I did were incomplete or I feel like my apps are never complete also the code I write even if I try to write it perfect it will be bad and unmanageable it could be the lack of application I did.

I learned Google Maps API , SDK of android (activity fragment) , consuming (Retrofit) and generating RESTful api .. I still didn't have the change to see the role of RXjava thought or Realm for replacing SQLite.

it kinda make me feel sad that 3 years passed and I didn't create a full application.The lack of practice was generally because of school I can't do two things at the same time who want to make us "Full stack developer" and we learn to much languages and we do less practice(Java,C#,Python,Django framework ..) even though I feel my level in web and backend catastrophic.

submitted by /u/akimu13
[link] [comments]

Live online broadcast of the Moscow Droid Party with Hannes Dorfmann

Posted: 30 May 2016 10:32 AM PDT

Is there an android equivalent of a 'hosts' file?

Posted: 30 May 2016 09:57 AM PDT

Like to globally block IP addresses/URLs. I don't have much experience with linux, so is this a thing in linux-ish OSes?

Is it accessible on rooted phones? Or has this been deliberately blocked in Android because if it ever got out that this was a thing it would lead to the end of mobile advertisement?

submitted by /u/lucidifier
[link] [comments]

Anyone use CouchBase for p2p database syncing?

Posted: 30 May 2016 08:56 AM PDT

Been looking around to see how people are doing this. I will have multiple devices connected to the same lan without cloud access...think mesh topology. Very few solutions are out there unless my Google skills see failing me. I've only come across Couchbase lite, but no one here really talks about it. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Foogyfoggy
[link] [comments]

Cloaking Screencast

Posted: 30 May 2016 11:38 AM PDT

Hi, is there any app or way to cloak that you are using multiscreen or screen cast? I have an app that basically switches off when screen cast is started.

submitted by /u/Richardxtc
[link] [comments]

Unit Testing RxJava: From Beginner to Competent User

Posted: 30 May 2016 12:03 AM PDT

Your paid app is being ripped off

Posted: 30 May 2016 08:40 AM PDT

sorry for the clickbait but this needs to be known. If your app has a paid and non-paid version. Using an apk extractor such as ML manager, a person can buy the app extract the apk and refund it. Essentially ripping your app like a DVD. This is very common method of piracy, especially among apps that update infrequently making it more worth it. A former friend of mine who runs an paid apk site told me about this method and how he would pay people in countries like India to do this and(since there is only refund per paid app) have them rotate. Switch to any other method of having paid and non paid applications. Maybe an unlocker app that generates a key? Futhermore all the students at Georgia Tech use this method for applications like sync for reddit, sleep as android, pocket casts etc.

Thought you guys would want to know

submitted by /u/cosatelo
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - May 30, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.