Questions Thread - May 22, 2016

Questions Thread - May 22, 2016


Questions Thread - May 22, 2016

Posted: 22 May 2016 05:06 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

ELI5: Why should I use Kotlin over Java?

Posted: 22 May 2016 07:00 AM PDT

I know this topic has been going on for a while. I have been developing android in Java for over a year and am wondering why I would switch to Kotlin? Thanks ahead!

submitted by /u/xotxo
[link] [comments]

FastLayout - Generates a Java Object for your xml layout to reduce inflate time to zero (Pre-Alpha) suggestions are welcome

Posted: 22 May 2016 07:27 AM PDT

Transform API for Jack toolchain

Posted: 22 May 2016 08:52 AM PDT

Hey guys,

Recently jack supports annotation processing . Also There is a feature request for Transform API here

As you know, with bytecode manipulation you can do a lots of great things. So please star the issue.

submitted by /u/SaeedMasoumi
[link] [comments]

What the Fragment? - Google I/O 2016

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:53 AM PDT

Parcelable vs Serializable.

Posted: 22 May 2016 10:32 PM PDT

I am still trying to wrap my head around Parcelable vs Serializable. I working on a fitness log app and everything will be save local to the device. As I read about the two I yet to find out why and/or do I have to implement my class with one of them for my app to save and retrieve locally.

submitted by /u/hilllomax
[link] [comments]

New Layout Editor with Constraint Layout - Android Studio Project Site

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:57 AM PDT

Why we shouldn't use Kotlin instead of Java?

Posted: 22 May 2016 04:44 PM PDT

Android Studio users: share your machine specs and app compilation time

Posted: 22 May 2016 06:46 AM PDT

Just to make it clear for everyone looking to buy a new machine especially for developing (including myself) and needs some time comparisons between various specs.

Please share here what machine you're using and gradle build times you're getting with Android Studio. Thanks!

submitted by /u/cmalex
[link] [comments]

Looking for the best phone number verification service for android

Posted: 22 May 2016 10:23 AM PDT

Recently Google IO took place and they Introduced new features in Firebase, One of which was authentication, one thing which I thought would have made it an ultimate authentication suite would be phone number auth. I have found Digit by twitter to be an awesome authentication service but there is a delay of around 3 to 4 mins in receiving the code via message. Which service do you use for your authentication?

submitted by /u/jason_denwer_kika
[link] [comments]

IS there anyway for google not to share my address?

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:42 AM PDT

SO i was setting up a google developer account and it says it needs my address, and it will be shared here. However i dont own a business or an office and im just making apps from my home, and i dont want everyone knowing where i live. Is there anyway to stop this being public?

submitted by /u/MaxoJggwp
[link] [comments]

How to organize my First App

Posted: 22 May 2016 02:41 AM PDT

Hi, I started working on my first app that, as every other app, will have different activity with different features (e.g. registration with FB, registration with database, database interaction and so on) and I was wondering if it is better to create different project for the different features or not (e.g. a new project for the registration with facebook, new one for the interactions with the database etc...)

submitted by /u/Auron69
[link] [comments]

This was my first tutorial regarding Android Apps Development. Tell me how is it?

Posted: 22 May 2016 03:25 AM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - May 22, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.