Android as a 60fps webcam?

Android as a 60fps webcam?


Android as a 60fps webcam?

Posted: 22 May 2016 02:27 PM PDT

Hey guys, I need some help. I don't have any decent webcam around so I use my phone sometimes. Unfortunately things like IPCam or DroidCam don't give me too good of a quality... they tend to give sometimes laggy, not-looking-too-good video, and overall it's not a good experience, even via an USB cable (when using DroidCam).

I'm searching for a software that'd let me use my phone (SGS6 on Marshmallow) as a (preferably) 720p@60fps webcam. Latency doesn't matter that much, I just want to transfer a high quality 60fps video through USB to my PC and use it as sort of a webcam.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/JustCroZZ
[link] [comments]

Why would Google use the name Daydream for VR when it already refers to a separate screensaver like feature?

Posted: 22 May 2016 02:03 PM PDT

Daydream was introduced in Android 4.2? as a screensaver like feature that could show slideshows, the time, or scroll through apps data when the phone was docked/charging and was going to turn off. Why would they reuse the name instead of coming up with something different?

submitted by /u/cmVkZGl0
[link] [comments]

The phone uses mobile traffic even when connected to wifi?

Posted: 22 May 2016 11:12 AM PDT

This happens to me since I'm using CM13 on my zenfone2. Is it normal on Marshmellow? On the status bar the wifi is connected, but the phone uses my mobile data. If I disable mobile then it starts using wifi. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Xomcar
[link] [comments]

After breaking my phone I downgraded to a cheap temporary Android - It lags like crazy. What can be done?

Posted: 22 May 2016 10:09 AM PDT

I'm thinking the issue is a RAM issue. As soon as I took widgets off my home screen and started killing apps when I was done with them it started to work a little better.

But there are obviously a thousand processes being run in the background - is there a way to cut down on RAM? Like an app that says Facebook can't check stuff in the background except for once an hour. Or something to that effect?

Also any other tips to make a shitty phone less shitty?

submitted by /u/tactics14
[link] [comments]

HOW DO I DELETE THESE VIDEOS !?

Posted: 22 May 2016 12:53 PM PDT

Sry for the caps, but I'm pretty knackered, I have these 2 videos I downloaded ages ago and since then I could not find a way to delete them, tried everything.

They have the white folder icon and a micro sd card icon I assume, whenever I delete them through gallery they come back and if I use file manager, USB through PC or some kind of app they either: 1: say file deleted, but nothing gets deleted 2: ask for root permission 3: This file cannot be deleted

I have litterally tried everything, but as far as my tech knowledge goes I could only assume they have some deep file path and yes I googled everything, but noone has the same problem, so please halp me out guys.

Extra info: They are located under: /storage/extSdcard/Download Samsung S3 Jelly bean 4.1.2

submitted by /u/Faplamator
[link] [comments]

I would like to put my phone in a secure place (no screen locks required) and access it remotely.

Posted: 22 May 2016 08:51 AM PDT

So I have a few android devices and I want one of them (Samsung Galaxy Young 2) to be in a place across town which has fast, unlimited wifi as I have a metered connection and can't really download HD video as it takes too much data. Everything will downloaded to an SD card that I can pick up and swap for a blank one on a weekly basis. The issue is that I want to be able to remotely start things downloading on my Galaxy Young from my other phones (Samsung J5 and an unbranded cheap thing from the Netherlands running Android 5.1) and a windows laptop.

Is there an app like TeamViewer that doesn't need someone to accept the connection on the other side and doesn't require the phone to be actively on the app?

submitted by /u/Tragedy-Time
[link] [comments]

Need help finding external storage

Posted: 22 May 2016 08:44 AM PDT

I have a droid turbo(verizon) and I downloaded a photo from Reddit onto my phone. I want to view it later but I can't find it(?) It says that it's on my external hard drive, but idk how to view it

submitted by /u/fez1o1
[link] [comments]

I'm an American with a US bank account (BoA) linked to Android Pay on a UK carrier (Three). Anyone know if I can use my phone to pay here in the UK?

Posted: 22 May 2016 11:04 AM PDT

I'm in the UK for the next 7 months, and I'm wondering if Android Pay will work now that it's available in the UK.

submitted by /u/jestr6
[link] [comments]

How do I ban a specific app from accessing my wifi?

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:03 PM PDT

Whilst I understand the common problem is tweaking the apps permissions,this question is from another perspective.

I am on a shared wifi and one of the persons torrents all day via their Android phone and thus kills the bandwidth to the rest of us. Is there anyway I can tweak my router settings etc to prevent the utorrent app on his phone from gaining Internet access whilst still being able to use the rest of his apps normally?

I do realise it's more a PC based question. Kindly suggest other subreddits that may be helpful.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/frodoscumbaggins
[link] [comments]

Galaxy tab 3 charges super slowly, *sometimes*. Why?

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:03 PM PDT

After doing a little research as to why this can be I took all the basic steps- closing background apps, checking the port. Then, I got an app called Ampere to see the juice going out and coming in. About 320ma going out, variable from 50ma-700ma going in, and rarely peaking more than that. Thats the OEM 2000ma cable it came with, which used to work great.

I bought a new charging cable, same kind. No luck, same charging numbers. Then randomly, TWO DAYS LATER IT WAS CHARGING FINE WITH THE OLD CABLE. ( Wall socket didn't matter. Apps didn't matter. Says about 650 ma going in, but again, varies lower than that.)

Now, it's taking two days to charge, yet again.

NOTE- both times it start charging poorly it had been outside, part in shade, part in the sun. Huh. And after bringing it in last night, touch screen wasn't responding well. Today is better.

So...maybe it'll take it 2 days to recover again? Can its electic field get wonky or something?

What do you think is going on here?

submitted by /u/TootsieLloyd
[link] [comments]

Google play store claiming email password is incorrect!

Posted: 22 May 2016 03:16 PM PDT

Hoping someone might be able to help! I'm trying to download an app to my HTC HD2 on the google play store. When I go to do it it says that authentication is required and I need to sign into my Google account. However when I do sign in it claims the password is incorrect or I have changed accounts none of which are true!

Any help much appreciated!

submitted by /u/zombie_bride
[link] [comments]

Semi Transparent Bug (Android N)

Posted: 22 May 2016 09:13 AM PDT

Do everyone have this same problem on Android N? (Both on Developer Preview and Beta released yesterday)

Bottom quarter of the screen is still fully transparent.

http://i.imgur.com/vht6rDk.jpg

submitted by /u/emirhan87
[link] [comments]

I have a question about the Samsung Galaxy S6

Posted: 22 May 2016 05:08 AM PDT

I was watching a movie earlier with my earphones in and stretched my left arm. The volume then went all the way down so I turned it up and stretched again and the volume went down again. So I made sure the volume buttons were not touching my body and stretched again and the volume went up. Does anyone know what the hell is going on? I was turning the volume up and down for a few minutes just by moving my body then it would no longer work. I've checked the motion sensor settings and none of them feature a volume control.

submitted by /u/Dr-Dee
[link] [comments]

Efficiency over time

Posted: 22 May 2016 02:50 PM PDT

This is a fairly long post since i want to explain it as much as possible and be as precise as possible. So bear with me :)

I got my Xperia Z3 when it launched at the end of 2014. It was amazing, the battery would last about 6-7 SoT (regardless of stand by time). The battery degraded slowly over time until last week I change it since it barely reaches 3.5 SoT.

But the problem is that the battery life did not get better (the battery was changed by the official Sony distributor). I thought it might be a software problem (I'm running the Xperia concept rom) but I remember that in the days of lollipop I also had this problem of degrading battery life and I formatted it many times, even went back to KitKat to make sure it wasn't the software (since its a reference from when the phone was new) but the battery life wasn't so different. Now I'm thinking of going back to lollipop or going to the official marshmallow but I doubt it's gonna work since of what i stated above.

This got me thinking; it's either apps that are causing this, although I did not add any noticeable battery heavy apps since 2014 (sure I've added many apps but not anything that's noticeable or "special") in that case maybe the apps I'm using, which are mainly the "regular" ones (fb, g+, whatsapp etc...) got additional features that may cause this increase in battery drain.

The second thing I'm thinking of is decreased efficiency of the internal components of the phone (although the phone is still blazing fast); the ssd, processor, ram etc... that may cause increased or slower "calculations" that may lead to the phone needing more resources to get things done.

Should mention that my phone never stays unformatted for more than 4 months at a time, so it's always cleaned up pretty well and is extremely fast.

Any ideas on this? This post is not really for problem solving it's just a general question and thinking out loud kinda thing!

submitted by /u/of55
[link] [comments]

Battery usage stats: numbers don't add up?

Posted: 22 May 2016 11:02 AM PDT

I'm a little confused about what the numbers mean in the battery usage stats under Android settings. I've noticed my battery life declining a little lately, which surprises me because I've only had this phone for about a month. I'm not asking how to improve battery life or anything like that, I've already found the FAQ and other resources for that. My question is specific, about the usage percentages and why they don't add up.

Right now my battery is at 56%, and it was 100% about 4 hours ago. I would expect the list of app usage percentages to add up to either 44% (indicating the amount of the full battery that app has used) or 100% (indicating the portion of the usage that app has caused). But they add up to... 18%? Huh? Screenshot: http://imgur.com/qhmU1OG

If my phone has eaten 44% of its battery, why is only 18% accounted for here? If that's not what those numbers mean, what do they mean?

I have a relatively new Nexus 6P, on Google's Project Fi service.

submitted by /u/yooman
[link] [comments]

App for cropping videos

Posted: 22 May 2016 08:49 AM PDT

I need a video editing app to zoom into a video (it has colorful sides that I want to remove). It doesn't matter if it's not free

submitted by /u/H1313303
[link] [comments]

Will the Samsung a9 Pro come to Europe?

Posted: 22 May 2016 02:44 PM PDT

Hey all, I live in Austria and my brother wants to buy the Samsung a9 Pro. I read about it a little bit but could not find any release date for our territory. Any info yet? And what do you think about importing it from China? Anyone had any experience with that? Could someone recommend a site? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/StormSoul27
[link] [comments]

Do you think I can modify existing keyboard programs or make my own to get a physical 10key set up to work with T9?

Posted: 22 May 2016 08:43 AM PDT

I was thinking of getting a Freetel Musashi phone. This particular model comes with a flip form factor and an old-style 10-key layout. However, I have confirmed that the stock keyboard software it comes with does not allow T9, and installing a third party keyboard through the play store somehow makes the 10-key pad only type numbers.

It'd be nice if I could hack it to work with T9 or third party software, but I haven't been down this road before with android dev and it'd be appreciated if i can get some insight before I make the purchase. As far as I know, it runs 100% normal android 5.1.

submitted by /u/Zummy20
[link] [comments]

Root to forcibly keep services in memory - OpenVPN

Posted: 22 May 2016 10:50 AM PDT

Even with it's constant notification, I've noticed OpenVPN closes after a while.

I have root and I was looking for an app to prevent the kernel from closing the app when low on memory (an exception for OpenVPN).

I have used such apps before, but they tend not to work for me.

I'm on Android 6.0 and the app must be FLOSS (preferred) or at least OSS (required).

submitted by /u/All_For_Anonymous
[link] [comments]

Can someone recommend algebra and/or geometry apps

Posted: 22 May 2016 10:23 AM PDT

I need to freshen up for a test in a couple weeks and haven't been in a math class for 10 years. Thanks

submitted by /u/beefstickmcrocket
[link] [comments]

HTC One M8 update to Marshmallow failed?

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:47 PM PDT

I have an HTC one M8 from AT&T, and I'm getting notified about an update. I download the update, and my phone reboots and begins to update. But then, this error pops up and the installation fails. I've tried to install the new update four times, and it doesn't work. Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/vgulla
[link] [comments]

since Marshmallow update and 'adoption' of SD card, apps use up all the space on the root drive

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:39 PM PDT

Hi, when I updated to marshmallow recently on my moto G 2nd gen, it asked about 'adopting' (or something like that) the MicroSD card. It seemed at first that it was going to use the card space as if it were part of the phone memory, but I've run out of space for apps now.

I've moved a few to the card manually, but they basically don't work at all. Any idea what's going on and what I can do about it? Cheers!

submitted by /u/teasus_spiced
[link] [comments]

whatsapp pix going thru in the wrong order

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:37 PM PDT

Not sure if this is Android related at all, since its an external app, but I'll try. And I didn't have this issue when I was on iPhone 5 months ago.

When I send pix on whatsapp to someone, if there's more than 1 (or maybe more than 2 not sure) they always go through in the wrong order. That's especially annoying when I'm sending a screenshot of a conversation or a joke. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Samsung S5 running Lollipop.

Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/ZiggyZig1
[link] [comments]

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 QUESTION

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:37 PM PDT

Okay so I recently dropped my phone and now the back and recent tabs buttons don't work. As a result I switched back to my old Sony Xperia Z1 only to realise that phone has its nav bar completely build in with that version of andriod, rather than having it on the phone itself. My question is. Is there ANYWAY I can tamper with my galaxy so it has the same funtion? I have tried apps like back button and virtual back buttons but they get in the way of typing and other things I need one identical to the Xperia Z where it automatically adjusts when you open apps. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/zektic
[link] [comments]

"Couldn't play the stream you requested" in Play Music

Posted: 22 May 2016 01:30 PM PDT

I just downloaded an album and uploaded it to Google Play Music. However, when I try to play any of the songs in the Android app I get the 'couldn't play' error, and when I try to play them in the browser app on my PC, it acts like the music is playing, but never goes past 0:00. If I manually move the seek bar ahead to 0:01 the song will play fine on desktop, but the error in the app keeps me from doing that on mobile.

I've tried redownloading and reuploading the album, but that isn't working. It plays fine in all of the media players on my PC, and Google Play is playing all of my other music fine, it's just Google Play and this one particular album disagreeing with each other. They're in mp3 format, not some crazy audiophile flac that might not be compatible with Play Music. Any idea on what might be the problem?

submitted by /u/camn
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Android as a 60fps webcam? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.