Why is Facebook Messenger the first app to notice when wifi needs authentication?

Why is Facebook Messenger the first app to notice when wifi needs authentication?


Why is Facebook Messenger the first app to notice when wifi needs authentication?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 09:34 AM PST

When connecting to public WiFi that requires signing in through a portal, it's always the 'Check Connection' notification from FB messenger that appears first. This seems like something that should be handled by the OS.

Why is FB messenger doing this? Why isn't Android doing this?

submitted by /u/scwol
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to get iphone emoji on android? Rooted or not

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:04 PM PST

I really dislike the samsung emoji, and would prefer to use the whatsapp/iphone ones throughout the phone. Is this possible? I've had a google around but nothing seems to completely satisfy.

anyone know?

submitted by /u/Thrillwaters
[link] [comments]

USA pay as you go sim carriers?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 01:25 PM PST

Hey all, currently in the UK, hopefully emigrating soon. Wanted to get a replacement for my busted Moto G4, which I'll be getting direct and unlocked from Motorola. Here in the UK I use giffgaff PAYG. Was wondering what a good equivalent is over there? My fiance says that getting a sim card separate from a phone isn't 'a thing' in the USA, but I mean, y'all still buy phones direct from manufacturers right?

Just really don't want a contract...

submitted by /u/WearingSunglasses
[link] [comments]

Long incoming messages are broken up into separate, smaller messages, and received out of order. Is there any way to at least fix the out of order part of this annoyance?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 02:16 PM PST

I have the S7 Edge on Verizon, and when I receive long messages from my friend who has an iPhone 6+ on AT&T, her messages are broken up page by page, I assume, and when I receive them, they are all out of order. All we send each other is long messages that almost always become MMS, so this is a consistent daily annoyance for me. I say for me because my messages that I send to her are received as one long message every single time. Though I'd prefer to receive one long message from her as well, I'd settle for receiving the messages in their proper order.

For reference, I'm using Message+, and the problem persists across all other messaging apps that I've used, including Facebook's Messenger app. I suspect that this is a network to network issue since my Sister in law's long messages are received as one long message, and she is using the same phone, just on Verizon. But I have another friend who sends me long messages from her iPhone, and they aren't always chopped up and scrambled either, and I believe she has AT&T...So that makes me think it's not necessarily a network to network issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need some screenshots to see exactly what I mean, I'll do so.

submitted by /u/ahhjima
[link] [comments]

Keyboard / text disappearing randomly when using the built-in Google search bar (Galaxy S6)

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:35 PM PST

This only happens when I'm typing something in the built-in search bar, and annoyingly enough it seems to happen almost 50% of the time. I'll be typing in my search query, and all of a sudden my shit will just glitch out and the keyboard will disappear, as well as any text I had already typed. The search bar stays up in the foreground, but I have to tap the bar again to bring up the keyboard and then re-enter the query. It has been doing this probably for a month now. It has never happened twice in a row for the same query. I cant figure out if there is a specific trigger like a certain amount of characters or time, or if it's completely random. It's a minor annoyance but sometimes it's just frustrating enough to make me want to impulsively throw my phone through the window. Anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/inf4nticide
[link] [comments]

Have a cheapo tablet and willing to run an easy test for me?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 09:29 AM PST

I'm wanting to get my kids a cheapo Chinese tablet (like the many Allwinner A33-based ones), but it's essential that it have Bluetooth Low Energy (aka "Smart") support. It's impossible to tell from advertised specs, so if you've got one of these tablets would you be willing to use this free app to test your Bluetooth and post your results here?

I believe that Bluetooth Low Energy starts with Android 4.3, so probably no point in testing if you've got an older version.

Thanks, /r/AndroidQuestions!

submitted by /u/mc510
[link] [comments]

Thinking about going over to android. Help me out.

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 06:02 AM PST

(Pretty sick and tired of r/android 's idiotic auto mod) Well. I'm a veteran iOS user and I'm tired of iOS's bad support and horrible updates and I'm considering purchasing a OnePlus 3t. Here's my only problem - I've got a lot of purchases on iOS, I've heard that the transition isn't that smooth (data transfer and stuff) and my current SIM card in the 5c won't fit the OnePlus 3t. (Adapters?) Send all your knowledge my way, and of course, happy redditing.

submitted by /u/AvGeek201
[link] [comments]

How do I stop battery drain when the phone is not in use?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 05:41 AM PST

Not a techie, and first smartphone, so please explain things clearly for me. I have a CoolPad Avail (3300) with KitKat through the Lifeline government program. I'm not allowed to root it. Thanks.

My battery is draining when the phone isn't in use, like overnight. I read that Location and Google Play will do that, so I went into settings to disable. I disabled Google Play store, but it won't let me disable Google Play services, because it says it is a device administrator. Why even give you the disable option if you can't disable it?

I don't see how to turn location off, and TBH, I want it on. I'm a senior citizen and want to have it on when I'm out of the house so I can be found if anything happens to me. I turned it on "battery saving," but it also has "device only," so which one should I choose?

Plus, is there a free battery stats app that is better than the stock app?

TIA

submitted by /u/gardenwench
[link] [comments]

Test Internet Fiber - Log Disconnect?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:52 PM PST

I'm looking for a tool, an application or a program for my internet.
Stability Log - do the monitoring test for 30-50 days - if there was a disconnect or not. Do you know anything?

submitted by /u/makewarr
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to set the front camera as the default camera on a smartphone running android?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:41 PM PST

Phone: Sony Xperia 3+ running Android 6.0.1

Im in the unlucky situation that i've dropped my phone which have resulted in some cracks in the backcover glass and the fact that my back camera doesn't work anymore.. I know (or I have a qualified guess) that the cam isn't broken, because for a few weeks after the accident both the front and back cam was working without a problem, but my guess is that there was a loose connection in the back cam, that has now been severed.

I have tried going through the settings but couldnt find a way to set the front cam as the default.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make my front cam the default cam when opening a app using the camera? (camera, snapchat etc.)

submitted by /u/GQlle89
[link] [comments]

What models of smartphones don't have at all a selfie camera? Thank you

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:07 PM PST

Multi profiles on 6.0.1

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 02:57 PM PST

I looked all over the place but never really could find a definite answer to my question, so now I ask those of you who, i am sure, are smarter than me about this issue.

Well i need to have a work app on my personal phone now. Long reason, but I am cool with it.

So the question I have is, is there a way to separate work apps from my personal apps, like a 2nd profile?

I see there is an enterprise app called android for work, but the small company I work for doesn't support that.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Rycrow99
[link] [comments]

My phone is not connecting to wifi.help!

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 08:47 AM PST

Hello fellow redditors. My phone (LG K10,model no. K420DS,runs on android lollipop 5.1.1) is not connecting to any wifi. This problem has been going on for over a month now. Even hotspot is not working.I cannot even use apps like shareit or xender. Nothing is wrong with my router as other devices are connecting. Cannot be a hardware issue, as bluetooth is working and my phone is fairly new. It runs on the latest available factory OS. I have done a factory reset and accomplished nothing. I have also installed apps like wifi fix, wifi doctor etc But still,nothing. Please help!

submitted by /u/Uniquely_cliched
[link] [comments]

Can I have Vanilla YouTube and OG YouTube installed at the same time?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 02:38 PM PST

One color app icons

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 08:37 AM PST

I just want to have like one color like white or blue or red or something as app icons. Is there any app that just has like circular app icons that are just one color?

submitted by /u/drewb9007
[link] [comments]

Help un-bricking a phone

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 03:58 AM PST

I recently rooted my Cubot X9 (unlocked) and it was working great, no problems. Then i installed a wireless upgrade that had been popping up since i first got it a few weeks ago. From there it just does not come out of recovery mode.

Ive gone through the recovery menu and tried loading the back up from before the root but nothing, Ive tried a full factory restore through the root system, nothing. Can anyone help me first phone in 3 years I've only had the thing for a damn month.

Edit-Solved- Learned how to flash a stock rom using a flashing tool on the pc. Result.

submitted by /u/dohraymeh
[link] [comments]

Removing the Google Search Bar in Multitask View?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 02:08 PM PST

I'm very new to Android. I just purchased a Moto G4 and I'm loving it. I'm almost done customizing my home screens and stuff. I use the action 3 launcher and removed the Google bar. But the bar still appear in the multitask view (except when it's empty), is there any easy way of removing it? I just want to remove it for consistency sake.

submitted by /u/BonomDenej
[link] [comments]

My Lenovo Tablet is stuck on logo after factory reset?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 06:35 AM PST

The tablet is running 4.4.2, it is the Tab2-A10-70, My computer does not recognize it, help!

submitted by /u/LmaoMuch
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to install TWRP on my Galaxy S5 Sport (Sprint) without wiping the device by unlocking the bootloader?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 02:06 PM PST

I'm trying to migrate to a new phone (same exact model, but with a non-broken screen) and having a hell of a hard time. Tried a bunch of backup/restore but none of them are bringing over everything (e.g. Google Messenger, Swype settings, home screen layout) and it was suggested that I just use TWRP to basically clone the whole phone.

I managed to root the new phone but when I tried to flash TWRP I soft-bricked it, probably because I hadn't unlocked the bootloader first, oops. So I'm able to get that into Download Mode which I assume means I can reset it back to stock somehow, but what I'm worried about is whether it's even possible to do what I want to do.

If I'll need to get TWRP onto the old phone to make my backup, and if that requires unlocking the bootloader, and if unlocking the bootloader causes the phone to wipe, then am I pursuing the wrong solution here?

submitted by /u/xxshteviexx
[link] [comments]

Europe’s Galileo Satellite Navigation System

Posted: 15 Dec 2016 11:03 PM PST

Galileo Satellite Navigation System got launched few days back and I read Snapdragon 820, 652, 650, 625, 617, and 435 chips are compatible with it. My question is how to make them work in android? Do we need special software or hardware to make them work ?

submitted by /u/samnaction
[link] [comments]

HELP - Transforming a Messenger Titanium Backup to SMS

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 12:39 PM PST

I am having a big problem right now. I updated my last rom making both a TWRP Backup and Titanium Backup (sadly only app and data, not system data, which I overlooked). On my new rom, I can restore the Titanium Backup restored messenger for a short period of time before all messages delete themselves. It is impossible to save them using "SMS Backup and Restore" or other equivalent tools. Is there any way to "transform" this titanium backup of the Google Messenger app to actual systemwide SMS ? I would be glad if someone could help me, as there are quite some work SMS in there... Thanks.

submitted by /u/ChriKn
[link] [comments]

Group chat help

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 12:22 PM PST

I am attempting to set up a group chat for me and three others who are working on a project together. Issue is they all have iPhones. Anyone know how I can create a group chat with them (preferably through text messages).

Also as a side issue, I can't seem to figure out how to get group messages in general to work, even if it is with Android users.

Thanks for the help and tips.

submitted by /u/deusignis0
[link] [comments]

Best music streaming app?

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 12:09 PM PST

For the longest time I've been a Spotify premium user and have always been satisfied with it. Lately though the app will freeze at random intervals without fail, the audio still plays even after I close the app and I have to restart my phone in order to get Spotify working again (only for it to freeze again, rinse and repeat). Now, I absolutely love Spotify, but at this point, as a paying customers this is just unacceptable.

Do you all have any music app recommendations? Really my only 2 requirements are a large selection comparable to Spotify's and the ability to download music to listen to offline.

Also my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 if that matters. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Nihil94
[link] [comments]

Spotify → Google Play Music

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 12:01 PM PST

A bit OT maybe, but here goes:

I recently switched from Spotify to Google Play Music, simply because I like the GPM service better.

I've tried everything to port my playlists from Spotify to GPM without any luck. Kazamster hangs after maybe 100 songs, Stamp hangs when trying to connect to Spotify, portify.js just creates empty playlists and pyportify hangs after I enter my Spotify oAuth token.

Does anyone know a way that simply works? An app or a web service? Or is it just a lost cause to get my 3000 song library from Spotify to GPM?

(I know this question has been asked before, but it seems a lot of tools that have worked before don't work anymore.)

submitted by /u/jonnablaze
[link] [comments]

Jitsi Android app

Posted: 16 Dec 2016 11:37 AM PST

Hello Everybody,

I wish to use jitsi for encrypted video communication with friends, but i also wish to have an android application, so that i can do encrypted video-calls to them from my phone.

The thing is, that there is a jitsi android application, but it hasn't been updated since 2014.

I could use jitsi meet, but some friends are very old and technologically impaired, and prefer the desktop jitsi, which has auto-respond to calls.

But jitsi work with a XMPP account or a SIP account, so there must be a open source android application that supports video end to end encryption, and uses either of those services, is there?

submitted by /u/00007777
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Why is Facebook Messenger the first app to notice when wifi needs authentication? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.