Turn old Android into a Retro-Gaming device

Turn old Android into a Retro-Gaming device


Turn old Android into a Retro-Gaming device

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:54 AM PST

Hi everyone, I've just seen the GPD XD and I thought "Ok I've an unused (rooted) Android device (Samsung Galaxy S3), can I create something like that?", so i searched for ROMs and Applications but nothing, only some ROMs for Raspberry Pi that (I suppose) I can't flash on my Samsung. Does someone know a way to turn it into a "RetroGaming Hub"? Because I don't want to install different emulators on Android (stock), but i'm trying to find an interface userfriendly with a joypad.

submitted by /u/_Link404_
[link] [comments]

Bricked Nexus 6P is there any solution?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:11 AM PST

Hello,

Working on a friends phone. Not totally sure what they did. They unrooted their phone and they believe they have done something wrong in the process.

It keeps boot looping.

I can get into fastboot and I have tried a bunch of things through fastboot (installing custom recovery, reverting to stock etc...) and with everything I do it just boot loops.

I'm sure if I could get into recovery the problem would be solved - But it boot loops when I select recover from the fastboot menu.

So, to me it seems like the thing is bricked.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/tazz131
[link] [comments]

Why does Google Hangouts suck so catastrophically at sending videos?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:19 AM PST

Seriously, this is driving me nuts.

Every other IM or chat client I have sends videos immediately after uploading them. Google Hangouts uploads.. And then proceeds to "process" the video for anything between two seconds to five hours.

It also seems impossible to send two videos in a row to somebody. If I however send one video to someone, then one video to another person, it works fine to send a second to the first person. But not two in a row.

That's assuming it even sends.

So, why is this? Why does Hangouts have to "process" the video when I send it, instead of doing it like literally every single other application out there, and just send it?

submitted by /u/Meior
[link] [comments]

Dual-sim phone

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 07:52 AM PST

Hey guys, I am looking for a dual sim phone that can support a data-only sim on 4g/LTE and another sim for voice/text on 3G. Any suggestions? I currently have a OnePlus 2. Although it has a dual sim capability it can only support one sim at 3G/4G/LTE while the other sim only at 2G (something my voice/text carrier doesn't support). Thanks!

submitted by /u/etam191
[link] [comments]

Google Now feed errors not disappearing

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 09:53 AM PST

Device:

Moto G3

Android 6.0

Carrier:

StraightTalk

Error:

Whenever the Google Now Launcher's feed (screen to the far left) fails to load, it adds a new error message. Reconnecting and reloading the feed does not remove these messages. Restarting/reinstalling removes them, but they begin to accumulate again

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/2K3dthR.png

submitted by /u/nogoodusernamesugh
[link] [comments]

Can I root my device on Virgin Mobile?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:37 AM PST

I have a Canadian lg lg5 on Virgin mobile that I really want to root. The problem is, I heard that Virgin mobile won't allow me to root my device on their network. Is that true?

submitted by /u/fighter116
[link] [comments]

LG-G4 - part of the CPU 100 Celsius! (temperature)

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 10:21 AM PST

hey, my lg g4 started to overheat with no reason, how can i fix it? im doing nothing witht he phone and the temp is 95+!!! pls help fast!

submitted by /u/idan22moral
[link] [comments]

Is anybody else having edge/palm rejection issues on the Google Pixel?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:11 AM PST

I am having issues with edge/palm rejection on the smaller sized Google Pixel when using the device one handed. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is ruining an otherwise great overall experience.

I often find myself accidentally pressing buttons on the right edge of the screen with the inside of my thumb/palm when reaching over to the left side (I am right handed). I also have trouble scrolling lists vertically when using the device one handed. If don't scroll between the middle of the screen and the right edge and instead do it a little to the left on accident, my palm/inside of thumb just barely touches the right side. The list will scroll about a half centimeter before stopping. It doesn't coast like I would expect it to. It seems to be worst in the Reddit app, but I don't know why the Reddit app would be different than any other app. Most apps all use the same standard "RecyclerView" for lists so most apps have the same exact scroll code.

I have owned other phones that are a similar size and never experienced this issue before. Am I alone in these issues?

I am considering making an app that is always running on top of all other apps (think Facebook chat heads). This app will be transparent so you won't even be able to tell it is there. The sole purpose of this app is to swallow touch events on the right side of the screen rather than letting any other app receive them. This would help reject the user's palm. The area where touches are ignored would be configurable. Would anyone be interested in such an app? Does anything like this already exist?

submitted by /u/the_bieb
[link] [comments]

Want instant boot on Samsung S3 for automotive

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 12:26 PM PST

Hi guys/gals. I have my old Samsung S3 that I want to repurpose into a dedicated readout for my car's OBD2 sensor instead of having to boot the app on my current phone (Note 5). The app that I am using is Torque Pro (automotive app that collects and displays information from the OBD2 sensor).

Anyways, this is how I want it to work...

  • Phone will be permanently mounted onto the car's dashboard
  • Phone boots when power is applied to the micro USB cable, and consequently loses power when cable loses power (similar to how my GoPro dashcam is working)
  • Phone doesn't require a battery installed (as the phone would be subject to heat/cold)
  • Having it boot as fast as possible without all the startup nonsense
  • Auto-boot Torque Pro

I am not a programmer but I can edit a few lines here and there for scripting purposes, so I would like to know what the best course of action is. Any help is appreciated, especially if you have done something like this before. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Nuinethir
[link] [comments]

Disable Raise to Wake when running and/or bluetooth device is connected?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 12:20 PM PST

Raise to wake is a nice feature on a day to day basis, but not when you are out for a run. The screen turns on and can easily trigger various unwanted screen touches. I guess you can turn it off completely, but perhaps tasker could also trigger on/off when using a certain app, or something like BT headphones are connected.

submitted by /u/adonnan
[link] [comments]

Google Photos & build.prop

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 12:12 PM PST

Hey r/AndroidQuestions!

Will ro.opa.eligible_device=true and ro.product.model=Pixel XL enable me to upload full resolution pictures to Google Photos?

Also, are there any adverse effects caused by editing the build.prop? Any PlayStore issues?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/StriatedSerratus
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to disable the auto do-not-disturb that the Google Dialer uses in Nougat?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:57 AM PST

More often than not it LEAVES the phone in DND mode after I finish the call and I constantly have to switch it off (Missed a few notifications because of this)

Nexus 5X on the 7.1.1 release (Happened on beta too)

submitted by /u/parkerlreed
[link] [comments]

Touchscreen broken, can I put inputs on the Cellphone trough my laptop?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 10:21 AM PST

How can I call people and stuff? the touchscreen is pratically unavailable

submitted by /u/QuestionMarksman
[link] [comments]

Problems with Huawei Honor 8 and the reddit is fun app

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 10:04 AM PST

Hi all, got the Huawei yesterday and I'm pretty happy so far, just have one problem. I use the reddit is fun app, and I've noticed more often than not when I come out of the app, and go back in (can be 30 secs - 1 hour, time doesn't make a difference) it will open on the front page again, as if I've fully closed and reopened the app, so I lose where I was. It's pretty annoying.

Has anyone else come across this or have a solution?

submitted by /u/cow_bear
[link] [comments]

Арр whісh shоws hоw muсh bаttеrу еасh арр usеs?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 11:09 AM PST

How can I get the soundtrack from a game?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 09:31 AM PST

Hi everyone,

I recently installed Path To Luma (http://www.thepathtoluma.com/home/). I love its soundtrack (composed by Austin Wintory). Does anyone know if it is possible to get the soundtrack out of the game file?

submitted by /u/hoppi_
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to only get reminder notifications from the Google app, and no other notifications?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 09:05 AM PST

I just got a notification about some news story I don't care about. I don't want that to keep happening.

submitted by /u/YAOMTC
[link] [comments]

Why is my Nexus 6P sometimes connecting to HSPA when LTE is available?

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 10:38 AM PST

Nexus 6P running 7.1.1 (nov) on T-Mobile in Phoenix.

At my desk at work, about a quarter of the time my phone connects to an LTE network, and the remainder it connects HSPA. If I change the prefered network type from "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" to "LTE only" it has no problem picking up the LTE connection. Why isn't it choosing it by default.

submitted by /u/basmith7
[link] [comments]

Turn on GPS remotely for lost phone

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 02:19 AM PST

I misplaced my phone last night, I can still call it and see notifications on it through join. But my location services are turned off so I have no idea where it is. I tried android device manager but that is no good and tried find device on the xiaomi website. I do have root access on the phone so is there anyway I can enable gps remotely or do something to figure out where it is?

submitted by /u/Rohomaru
[link] [comments]

Android 7 wifi password file location

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 10:16 AM PST

Where is it at in Nougat, up until 6 it was in /Android/data/ ? I use CM14.

submitted by /u/vinzz73
[link] [comments]

Transfer notes from MEMO app???

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 04:04 PM PST

From Samsung Galaxy S7 to PC. I can't find where they're stored. Are they backed up? If so where can I find them?

Thank you

submitted by /u/vscaletta
[link] [comments]

Not receiving group messages from a specific person.

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 08:28 AM PST

Hi, I have a Galaxy s7 Edge on at&t. I am in a group message with friends and one of my friend's messages never download. All the others in the chat get the messages. I am not blocked, I am able to text and call the friend individually. I tried a few things and one thing works. I if I use the stock Samsung messaging app, I get his messages, but I hate Samsung's app. I prefer to use google's messenger or facebook's messenger. When I use those apps, my friends messages don't come through. Can I fix this? or should I give in and just put up with Samsung's messenger?

submitted by /u/SpecialAgentGoose
[link] [comments]

Idol4S really laggy even after factory reset and in safe mode

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 03:58 PM PST

So some days ago I unlocked my phone and noticed that it was acting unusually laggy, specially with preinstalled apps like Chrome, the settings app and in the multitasking screen. Next day I decided to factory reset but it's the same thing. In safe mode it's also the same thing. Sometimes while I'm doing things like connecting to WiFi or switching apps everything just crashes, the screen turns black and it sends me to the lock screen. Sometimes it says that systemIU or system.server stopped working. I seriously have no idea of what to do. All apps that weren't preinstalled work perfectly but those random crashes that last about 20 seconds are really starting to bug me out. I've got the Idol4S 6070O with Android 6.0.1 Please, help!

submitted by /u/espumoso
[link] [comments]

Just got a Pixel, any way to get the keyboard I had on my S6 Edge (with number strip on top)

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 03:43 PM PST

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3b9rtnCgvlw/maxresdefault.jpg

That is the keyboard I wish to have. I tried switching the language in Google Keyboard settings to PC, and that gets you the number strip but gets a dozen other unwanted characters with it. I just want the exact keyboard I had on my S6 edge.

Thanks!!

submitted by /u/DrMaserati
[link] [comments]

Android YouTube App 'No Connection' Woes

Posted: 05 Dec 2016 03:31 PM PST

So, I couldn't find anyone talking about this issue specifically. I tried to clear data and cache on YouTube and G'play services, but it had no change. So essentially what happens is I watch YouTube while driving and my screen locks after the end of the video (which is whatever, I'll start a new video when I'm stopped). When I unlock my screen and open YouTube, my app shows 'No Connection'. So to fix it, I have to exit the app and reopen it. Every time I switch apps as well (Alt + Tab on Android basically), it loses connection as well. Did they do this after YT Red?

submitted by /u/PotatoRex
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Turn old Android into a Retro-Gaming device at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.