Pebble joins Fitbit, ceases hardware production

Pebble joins Fitbit, ceases hardware production


Pebble joins Fitbit, ceases hardware production

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 06:44 AM PST

Bluetooth 5 is now available

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 12:28 PM PST

Google testing separate Apps and Games sections in the Play Store

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 05:28 AM PST

David Ruddock Tweets: LG G6 to Have Nonremovable Battery and All-Glass Design

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 09:21 AM PST

Google Drive Backups tab starts showing up, gives you a glimpse into your device and app backups

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 05:19 AM PST

Swappa to phase out international markets, only U.S. market will remain up

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 05:18 PM PST

T-Mobile Exposes Accounts With "DIGITS" Sign Up Security Failure

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 11:10 AM PST

iPhone vs Pixel [MrMobile]

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 01:51 PM PST

Note 7 to be disconnected from cellular in Canada

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 03:51 PM PST

New Smartphone Experience with Moto Z Play

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 02:10 PM PST

I've had my Moto Z Play now for about a month, and I just want to let everyone know what an amazing experience it has been in terms of battery life. Now, I'm not going to tell you stats and SOT and the likes, because you can easily see how everyone with this phone is getting at least 8+ hours. But what I do want to share is how different I use my phone now. No longer do I worry about power management. I keep WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, Facebook, Email, everything you can think of, I keep it all on. I have my screen timeout set to a full 5 minutes. When I use the GPS in the car, I keep the screen on the WHOLE time! It is such a liberating feeling to know that the battery life on this phone allows me to use it in ways I would never use my other smartphones that I've owned. My last smartphone was a Galaxy S5 with a 5600 mA Extended battery, and yet this phone, with its 3500 mA battery surpasses it! And, to top it all off, this is without any of the battery mods! I wouldn't know what to do with a battery mod to actually drain that much power in a single day! This is the Android / Smartphone experience that I will now compare as the top bar. In short: Near Stock Android + Fantastic Battery life is the new mark that all future Android manufacturers should aim for.

submitted by /u/captainm27
[link] [comments]

OnePlus Invites User Opinion on Camera Blob Release on OnePlus 3

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 06:05 AM PST

Snapdragon 835 stops by GFXBench: octa-core CPU, powerful Adreno 540 GPU

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 06:54 AM PST

Chrome for Android Update: Easily download music, videos, and full web pages

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 12:30 AM PST

NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV refresh expected at CES 2017

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 07:28 AM PST

HTC 10 not using the right bitrate for Google Voice typing! Are you having this issue as well?

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 12:16 PM PST

I noticed since upgrading to the HTC 10 that using Google Voice Typing has been giving me awful results. I decided to look into this and checked out the audio files that are submitted to Google. If you go here (https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity?restrict=vaa) you can listen to yours as well.

It seems as though voice searches using the Google app come through just fine, but using the voice-to-text option on any keyboard that brings up Google Voice Typing has a horribly low bitrate as a result. Going back to older files created using my LG G3 sound fine, so I don't think its the app.

Do you have these results as well? Do your voice typing files sound like muddy garbage compared to any audio files taken using the Google search app? If others are having this issue, I'd like to figure out how we can tell HTC about this, as I use voice typing all the time.

submitted by /u/bassdude7
[link] [comments]

Open source AsteroidOS released for several Android Wear watches

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 12:46 PM PST

Nokia’s Android phone revival has to be about more than just phones

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 03:49 AM PST

Samsung is basically making the Note 7 unusable in Canada

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 05:04 PM PST

Samsung Experience: the interface formerly known as TouchWiz

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 07:31 AM PST

Incipio Vehicle Dock - Moto Mods for Moto Z phones. Review coming soon

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 09:01 AM PST

Sony announces smartphone games lineup: Hot Shots Golf, Wild Arms, PaRappa, NIS and Square Enix projects, more - Gematsu

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 03:44 AM PST

HMD Closes Nokia Brand and Patents Deal with Microsoft, Smartphones Due in 2017

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 03:10 PM PST

OnePlus 3T review-Gsmarena

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 03:56 PM PST

PSA: If you purchased a Belkin F7U004 27W USB-C Car Charger + Cable, they are issuing an exchange program for a corrected model.

Posted: 07 Dec 2016 02:07 AM PST

http://www.belkin.com/us/support/notify-me/

Per an initial discovery on XDA/Plus by Matt Tucker, myself and Benson had verified an issue with the Belkin 27W USB-PD charger that would cause it to fake being a device, drain a phone's battery, and actually backfeed current into your car's switched 12v ports.

Discovery:

Through constructive dialogue with Jen Warren (Global PR lead of Belkin), and their Engineers, there is now an exchange program set up where you can either:

  • (1) Exchange your 27W USB-PD charger (F7U004) for a 15W Captive-cable Type-C + 5W Type-A charger (F7U006) (MSRP $34.99) and a $10 refund
  • OR
  • (2) Sign up for an exchange in the Spring of 2017 for a corrected model
  • http://www.belkin.com/us/support/notify-me/

Program details announced here:

Full statement:

Thank you to the forum for your comments regarding Belkin's F7U004 USB-C car charger.

You helped us identify a product characteristic of our charger with respect to its interaction with certain newly released connected devices - that if a connected device is left plugged into the charger, which is plugged into certain foreign (non-U.S.) model cars, while that car's ignition is turned completely off, then some reduction in charge to the connected device may result over time (generally, from our tests, over a number of hours).

Our Commitment Belkin is committed to upholding our promise of brand quality, and meeting our customers' expectation for same, and we work diligently to fulfill this expectation. For those interested in a refund or a replacement product (Belkin USB-C Car Charger with Hardwired USB-C Cable and USB-A Port MSRP $34.99 + $10 refund), please call 866-608-5597.

What's Next We are currently working on the next generation of this product, to be available by Spring 2017. To be added to the waitlist and receive a replacement please fill out this web form: http://www.belkin.com/us/support/notify-me/

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Please note I reserve judgement on the program until I see how it actually follows through.

Belkin is indeed doing more than most other companies I've dealt with in similar situations. (i.e. Tronsmart's C2P/W2PTU, RavPower RP-PC017K, etc.) Business realities considered, this is the most "honorable" thing they could do. So as long as Belkin maintains an open and honest stance on the matter I'd rank them up with Plugable in their disclosure.

As a consumer-advocate and engineer, I will actually keep the 27w Belkin charger I bought merely to follow this issue though and verify Belkin's claims. I've registered on that site for a notification on a replacement. I leave which course of action to take to you. My analysis of the Belkin corded charger ( F7U006bt04-BLK) will be posted on Plus/Spreadsheet shortly if you are still deciding.

submitted by /u/Nathan-K
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Pebble joins Fitbit, ceases hardware production at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.