Just dumped apple for android. What do I do first?

Just dumped apple for android. What do I do first?


Just dumped apple for android. What do I do first?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 11:07 AM PST

First thing's first: all my girly social media apps. What now? Any cool, obscure apps? Fun dev ideas? I don't have much experience coding android OS but I'm down to learn if it's worth it!

submitted by /u/ElsatheIceKhaleesi
[link] [comments]

Google search results rendering poorly

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 01:50 PM PST

Google search results has been rendering poorly, on my Nexus 6P with 7.1.1

See here: screenshot

Anyone else getting this?

submitted by /u/thedrunkard
[link] [comments]

Disable VPN Notifications

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 08:35 AM PST

Without rooting my Galaxy S7 Edge (Nougat Beta), does anyone know how to disable VPN notifications? I'm using Adguard. I don't mind the key icon, but I don't like the big bar notification on the lock screen and drop-down notifications.

submitted by /u/kajehart
[link] [comments]

Migrating from Windows Phone to Android

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 08:25 AM PST

Hey all! Got someone onto Android. They've been rocking a Lumia 820 for the last 3-4 years so it was time for a change.

Any ideas for best routes of migration of data/photos/sms/contacts?

submitted by /u/seej1171
[link] [comments]

Can't receive any MMS from my wife

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:11 AM PST

So we are both are on the same AT&T plan, she has a Galaxy S7 and I have the S7 edge. She is the only person that I have any issues receiving MMS from. I have multiple other groups chats and never have an issue except the one that she is in, the messages always say failed to download. I've checked on my phone and she isn't blocked or anything. Any ideas what would cause this?

submitted by /u/Tactical_monkey
[link] [comments]

Best Android smartphone under $400 USD?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:53 PM PST

I want a phone that is easy to root/mod and that will be unlocked so I can use it with a cheap carrier. I slightly prefer CDMA carriers at this time. I'm not too picky about the storage capacity (honestly 32-64GB would be fine).

submitted by /u/causa-sui
[link] [comments]

Fine volume control

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 11:02 AM PST

I'm starting to use my phone more for Spotify but the volume difference between 9-10 is massive.

Is there any way of adjusting the max volume or creating finer steps on the volume ie 0-20 as opposed to 0-10?

On a rooted one plus one running 6.0.1

submitted by /u/Jod3000
[link] [comments]

Is there a Reddit app that has context for comments?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:29 PM PST

Just like for Reddit in browser. Reddit is Fun doesn't have this capability.

submitted by /u/DerpOfTheAges
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to make SD card writable for all apps on Android 6? (LG G5)

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:40 AM PST

There are a few apps that don't support the permissions for writing to SD card and I don't really care about the security vulnerability. My phone is rooted and xposed using magisk, is there any way I can let apps write to the SD card?

submitted by /u/Astrognome
[link] [comments]

Unable to modify app settings for apps on SD card

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:37 AM PST

I bought a Shield K1 tablet a few weeks ago, and attempted disabling notifications for some apps. After a device restart, the setting would revert. I initially thought it was due to another app, rooting, or even due to an Xposed module, so I reset the device to factory. Issue persisted. Only after then I noticed it was only for apps that had been installed onto my micro SD card (I bought a micro SD card and added it as storage to the device; I did the micro SD conversion to internal storage).

If I move the app to the internal storage, I can change the setting and it will persist post restart. I did some research and honestly could not find anything similar to this. I am not sure if its intended behavior of having apps installed on the SD card of if there's something I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/megustareddito
[link] [comments]

Spare part part problem and software update.

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:05 PM PST

I have a BlackBerry PRIV with Marshmallow. I get about every month a software update that causes my smatphone to restart. This would not be a problem were it not for the fact that for a problem with a spare part, I must manually restart my smartphone, because when it tries to restart it ends with an error. The update still works? It shows the new date of update in the settings, but I have the doubt.

submitted by /u/Alex__UNLIMITED
[link] [comments]

Android OS

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:04 AM PST

Hello!

Just a quick question, should (is it normal) that Android OS is over Android System when looking at battery usage?

submitted by /u/LeeSwaggers
[link] [comments]

Thumbnail problem

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:55 AM PST

Hey guys I just saw that my internal storage is almost full and two files named . thumbnail is taking nearly 3 GB of my space. I learnt that that it's due to the photos. Is there a way to delete this or will it harm the system?

submitted by /u/rockyourworld12
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to make notification sounds only play if the screen is off?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 11:27 AM PST

If the screen is on then I'm looking at it 95% of the time, I don't need to hear the notification sound when I can clearly see the notification arriving. But if I disable it then I can't hear it when it need it, when the screen is off and I'm doing something else.

Is there any way to make it so notifications only play the sound when the screen is off? I'm on Android 6.0 on a Motorola E 2nd Generation, if it matters.

submitted by /u/flancoazul
[link] [comments]

Does a keyboard where I can store strings of text for later use exist?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:24 AM PST

For example I could save "(-_-)" to my keyboard once then have a section where I could tap a button and put that text in.

submitted by /u/swaggy_butthole
[link] [comments]

Headphone plug broke off in V10. How do I turn headphone mode off until I get it pulled out?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 12:45 PM PST

Currently don't have the ability to pull the broken plug out and need to know if I can manually turn headphone mode off so I can hear phone calls. Thanks

submitted by /u/mynamewasalreadygone
[link] [comments]

Phone's colours get weird when pressure is applied on the screen and it has to be rebooted since it stops being responsive

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 04:02 PM PST

I cleaned my phone's screen with a wet hand once but the problem in the title appeared. You could see weird green lines running across the screen, the colours were all weird, purple, pink, green and so I took the battery off and put the phone in a bag of rice for a day. I thought it was water damage.

It worked fine the next day, but when I went outside after that, I heard my phone rebooting. This happened a couple of times and always when i went outside so I suspected it was from the tight jeans. Sure enough i tried putting pressure on the screen later and the problem appeared. And it's not only the screen, the sound becomes bugged out too. Basically everything goes wrong and I have to take out the battery every time.

Also sometimes after rebooting it will boot up with a "Android is upgrading. Optimizing App X out of Y." message and I have to wait it out. Now It's become so bad I can't even turn it on though, the problem appears even if nothing is pressing it, I can't get past the boot screen without it doing that.

Now, I am just wondering whether its from the water somehow breaking it (I also have a protective glass screen) or if its something else. The problem is kinda specific and I didnt find anything about it. If someone knows anything about this, please tell.

submitted by /u/demigods122
[link] [comments]

Play Music sort order by last added?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:03 AM PST

For about a year (or as long as I can remember) Play Music has been sorting my albums by when they were added to my device, regardless of if it was downloaded from the Play Music service or added mp3-files. This has been standard regardless of which rom I've been using.

I recently upgraded to the Honor 8 (from the HTC M7, quite an upgrade) but Play Music now only shows albums alphabetically and I can't seem to find any setting, or any thing online about where to change this. Can this have been rom specific? The only thing I actually found online was an old thread about how this should be a thing, but I remember it being a thing so....

submitted by /u/ohwontsomeonethinkof
[link] [comments]

Unlocking the bootloader on Samsung S6 SG-M9200. Can anyone show me an explanation for a newbie?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 03:51 PM PST

So, I have tried for hours uppon hours to root my fucking S6 from China. I am just about ready to dismantle it, and burn the fucking thing.

Since the download-mode screens are in Chinese I have no fucking clue what the fuck it is saying, but after some time, a friendly redditor in /r/China translated it for me. It seems that my fucking boot loader is locked. So, again hours uppon hours of goole / xda developers and Wiki. I am utterly new at this, no clue about cmd commands, Android SDK - how the fuck does it work?

I JUST WANT TO INSTALL FUCKING CYANOGENMOD OM MY FUCKING PHOOOOOONE!!!

So, can anyone explain like I am 3 years old, how THA FUCK can I unlock the boot loader on this fucking phone? I have tried ODIN, shit doesnt work, I have tried Android SDK, I do not understand shit, and all the steps I have tried to follow leads to nothing. NOTHING.

I even found this "nifty" fastboot.exe and adb tool that is supposed to work, IT DOES NOT!

Sorry for profanity and caps, I am just about ready to destroy my phone, my computer, my TV, then myself. Why, Samsung, WHY!?!? Dont you know we HATE apple. So why do you fucking emulate them?!?! IT IS MY PHONE! IF I WANT TO BRICK IT, IT IS MY FUCKING CHOICE!=¤(U!¤=)U!"¤=)!¤`="¤

Again, sorry. I am so furious`=")U¤"=¤)

Also, I need to root it, I need the google aps, since my other phone, a shitty Elephone, I dropped it on the carpet and the entire fucking touch stopped working so I am am dragging around a mouse to use the darn thing.

TL;DR: I NEED to unlock my bootloader before I destroy everything technology and move to a cavern to die of starvation and cold.

submitted by /u/wizardly_flepsotard
[link] [comments]

Can i block ads on Chrome beta/Chrome?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 03:47 AM PST

I'm rooted and also have installed xposed framework. I use Miniminguard to block ads but it doesn't seem to work on browsers such as chrome. Yeah I know there is Firefox which block ads through it's extensions and also that there is an adblock browser. But I'm so fuckin addicted to chrome and love it personally more than all the android browsers. Is there an app or an xposed module or anything as such to be able to do so?

PS: I've checked the block popups in chrome settings and also please spare me for my bad English😌

submitted by /u/VishwanathVishwa
[link] [comments]

What does it mean when battery stats says phone is "awake" exactly

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:18 AM PST

I get that something in the background is working or requesting info, but for example if I'm playing music (stored on my memory card) should my phone be considered "awake"?

submitted by /u/ACardAttack
[link] [comments]

HTC Desire 626s Unlocking Issue

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:43 PM PST

I can't get my phone to unlock for use with another sim card and am not sure if it's an issue with the device or my sim card. I've been using the device unlock application, but I get an issue saying the server is not responding. I'm using my home wifi (and have tried multiple other networks to no avail). My dad and brother have the same phone, and while it didn't work on my dad's phone my brother's was able to unlock. I've tried a factory reset, and even taking it into metroPCS (my provider) to have them unlock it and nothing has worked. I will be trying to unlock it using a sim card from a different network as soon as possible, but I'm wondering if there's any other options or something I might have overlooked? I'm traveling out of the country in a couple weeks and need my phone to work with a rented sim card, so any advice at all would be very much appreciated!

submitted by /u/PerdidoStation
[link] [comments]

Disabling Android Auto on Galaxy S7

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:48 AM PST

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 through U.S. Cellular that seems to have automatically been supplied the Android Auto service through Google Play Services. However, my car does not support it, and I'm not intending to get one that does. I have a car dock, and I use a NFC tag to turn Car Mode on and off, nothing with Bluetooth. I have a default app that launches when Car Mode is enabled (iBolt Dock'n Drive).

Starting sometime recently, seemingly when I use certain Google apps (Allo, Drive, etc), Android Auto will act like it was recently installed. This causes my phone to forget it had a default app selected for Car Mode, even if the phone is still in Car Mode (upon pressing the home button, I get asked to select which app). I do not have the Android Auto app proper, just the service. How do I stop Android Auto from continuously doing this?

submitted by /u/UrzaMTG
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S7 notification problem

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 07:17 AM PST

Is there a way to turn of the constant notification telling me that the power saving mode is on without turning off the mode itself?

http://imgur.com/jBIe8EW

submitted by /u/Bolaf
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: apps not working on my home wifi

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 01:14 PM PST

all of my apps wont work/load (except for facebook msngr) on my home wifi. I just came home for the winter break from university, and my apps worked before on our wifi. It currently works for other phones, and my phone apps works on other wifis, I don't know what's wrong. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks!

submitted by /u/mklasnic8
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Just dumped apple for android. What do I do first? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.