Porting linux and python: what is the Android equivalent of /tmp and how do I make scripts use it?

Porting linux and python: what is the Android equivalent of /tmp and how do I make scripts use it?


Porting linux and python: what is the Android equivalent of /tmp and how do I make scripts use it?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 01:12 PM PDT

I am trying to use pelican (python) on Android (in termux). It fail when pelican tries to write to /tmp which near as I can tell, does not exist, and/or is a read-only file system.

  • How do I tell any sort of script on Android to use a different location for /tmp?
  • What is the Android equivalent of /tmp?
submitted by /u/Jerry368
[link] [comments]

Advice for an amateur android user.

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 10:18 AM PDT

Hello!

I've always been an iPhone user but decided to make the jump by getting a note 7. Had a horrible experience ordering directly through Samsung, I got my pre-order 2 weeks after release date and I ordered the first day possible. However when the phone arrived I fell in love quickly. The grass is definitely greener on this side. I have been having some lag issues though. I've disabled all the bloatware but it's still not as crisp as my friends note 5. That in addition to the current recall has swayed me into looking elsewhere. I'm looking forward to the new Google phone release as I'm always reading how it's the "true android experience" but I'm not sure what that really means. Nexus owners, past and present, why nexus as opposed to Samsung or even LG?

submitted by /u/Gyotes
[link] [comments]

Dropped Moto X Pure, screen no longer responds to touch. How can I backup and reset my device before sending it in for repairs?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 03:06 PM PDT

Android File Transfer is not recognizing my device, though I believe this is because the screen is locked.

submitted by /u/zzxxzzxxzz
[link] [comments]

One plus3

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:44 PM PDT

I'm thinking about getting the one plus 3 but I want to know if its a good phone or not. If there is problems with it. Is the site reliable and trust worthy? And will it work with my mobile company (mobilicity)

submitted by /u/fariflex
[link] [comments]

How to move apps to SD on "manual" adopted storage on an Galaxy S5?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:43 PM PDT

Hello folks, my phone is a Galaxy S5 running Marshmellow, stock ROM, non-rooted. As we know, Marshmellow offers an option to use external memory as internal, but Samsung (and many other manufacturers) has trimmed this option.

However, you can connect via adb and manually partition the SD card, formatting the SD card as internal memory, and root access is not even needed. This is exactly what I did. As you can see in this screenshot (sorry, it's in portuguese, but I suppose it's understandable) now I have as "internal memory" it's ~16GB and a 32GB partition of a 64GB SD card, and as "external memory" the other 32GB. So far, so good.

However, in vanilla Marshmellow, the next step after "Format as internal storage" screen is "Move data to the new storage", which does exactly what I need to do, I suppose. In my current state, the internal 16GB is nearly full, the "internal" SD card is empty and there's no change in experience: applications still fail to update because of the low space available.

My question is: what can I do to fix this situation? Uninstall the apps and install again? Move them manually via adb? From which folder to which folder?

submitted by /u/ArlindoPereira
[link] [comments]

I've tried everything. How can I please connect my DS4 (over USB OTG) to my Galaxy Tab S4 without any additional software.

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 11:51 AM PDT

Why did my Nexus 6 just update but not to Nougat?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:02 PM PDT

I just recived an OTA update and my "about phone" says I'm running 6.0.1

Phone is a Nexus 6, Bell (in Canada), build number MOB31E

I understand Android 7 is rolling out OTA, I don't understand why I got an update to an older version. I'm fine to wait for Nougat, I'm in no rush, I just wonder if this is some kind of glitch.

submitted by /u/cdubyadubya
[link] [comments]

Thinking about gettin an Android.

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 04:14 AM PDT

Hi. I'm a Windows Phone user and i'm thinking seriously about getting an Android. I have two options and would like to know from you guys which option is better for me:

  1. Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 5";
  2. Alcatel Pixi 4 5045J;
  3. Asus Zenfone Go;
  4. LG K4;

I don't care about camera. All i want it's a light android system for me to customize it as max as possible (something i wasnt able to do in windows phone). A good processor with a nice battery it's enough to me, obviously, with a clean display.

I have only these options because I live in Brazil and can't find other phones around the price i can pay.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ZandorTheBrave
[link] [comments]

What should Android (and/or Samsung) learn from Apple?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 11:26 AM PDT

Disabled by administration?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 10:49 AM PDT

Hay all! So I am having a bit of a issue with my phone. When I tried to change my pass code to the "knock code" feature, i was greated by this. Did I disable something accidentally? Was something disabled? Any solution is welcome for a noob like myself.

submitted by /u/PlebiscitePlebian
[link] [comments]

[problem] Not receiving notifications from facebook messenger

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 09:05 AM PDT

Messenger settings for notifications is turned on both in app and from system settings, conversations is not muted and all other apps sends notifications just fine. Chat heads doesn't work as well, though option is turned on.

Tried, force closing the app anf reopen it, rebooting device still nothing make it work.

I'm on htc one m8 rooted with GPE ROM

Edit : I've read that setting chrone to send notification may interfere, stopped this but still doesn't work.

The app was working fine till last night but since this morning there us nothing from it

submitted by /u/I_who_ate_the_Cheese
[link] [comments]

Snapchat pictures black for certain users

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 03:44 PM PDT

I have an issue where certain snaps sent from people and their stories are black when they are pictures. Videos are completely fine. This only happens on my Droid 4 not on my Samsung Tab2. The issue persists when snapchat is updated too.

Clearing the cache of users does not help.

submitted by /u/hockeymikey
[link] [comments]

International phone issues

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 03:44 PM PDT

Hey yall! Just got my lgv10 today from Amazon which was unlocked but unfortunately it's an international phone and it won't connect to 4g/LTE with my AT&T sim card. If anyone knows how I can resolve my issue thatd be awesome! Thanks

submitted by /u/Yzfthumper33
[link] [comments]

Accessibility services disable on lock.

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 03:11 PM PDT

Hi, I've recently bought a new Huawei P9. It's a great phone and I'm very happy with it (except for EMUI).

However, I'm having some issues with the services inside the accessibility menu. I use LastPass and Twilight and both apps ask for accessibility to work. I grant them the required accessibility service, but when I lock the phone and then unlock it, the permissions are disabled.

Is this an Android issue or it happens because of Huawei? How can I fix this?

I'm running Marshmallow and I have the fingerprint unlock enabled BTW.

submitted by /u/lfer123
[link] [comments]

Will Samsung reconsider removable batteries again after the Note 7 fiasco?

Posted: 12 Sep 2016 06:21 PM PDT

I'd imagine the recalling efforts would be a lot easier and cheaper if the Note 7 had a removable battery.

submitted by /u/simplistic
[link] [comments]

Not getting Android 7 (Nougatt)

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:25 PM PDT

I have a Nexus 6 32GB, and I am not getting the new Android, tho few minuttes ago I got a security update for Android 6. Is there something wrong? Does my phone not support it? Or will it come soon? (I dont want any beta's just the full official version)

submitted by /u/Gregg-Gamer
[link] [comments]

Opinions on best sub $400 android phone.

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 08:18 AM PDT

I am soon going to be getting a new android phone in the $400 range. I am looking for at least a 5" screen, minimum 16gb storage, good battery life, I want a close to stock android interface and most important it needs to be unlocked but compatible with US AT&T carrier bands. I was considering something similar to a moto x pure.

So weigh in please on what you think is the best value. I feel like smashing my current phone since the lg g stylo for my carrier is a piece of crap.

submitted by /u/Shinsplitter
[link] [comments]

Was updating to Nougat 7.0, phone still says 6.0.1?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:11 PM PDT

Hey everyone, just to clarify I have a Nexus 6P on Project Fi. I received a notification that my phone was ready to update to Nougat 7.0, along with some security updates. So I ran it, after it was over I opened my phone, noticed not much had changed so I Settings> About Phone> Still labeled as Marshmallow 6.0.1. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else? Any ideas on anything that went wrong during the update?

submitted by /u/AppleSaucePitch
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know where to get a factory image for LG Sunset?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:08 PM PDT

I rooted my phone long ago and I tried disabeling root with King Root but Pokemon Go will still not let me play. A normal factory reset will not get rid of root. So I am needed to flash the ROM. The only problem is that I can't find it anywhere.

submitted by /u/OctoPussInBoots
[link] [comments]

Some kind of chinese music started playing without any user's action? WTF?!

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 02:02 PM PDT

Hey, friend of mine has Google Nexus 5 phone. She wasn't using a phone at all, phone was on the table and all of a sudden some Chinese music with vocal started to play! There weren't any music app enabled and that song wasn't even on the phone! Music stopped playing after we killed the stock clock application screen. The phone is not rooted, there are no illegal apps there... What could have happened?!?!?! WTF? It is quite scary! Maybe somebody is listening through that phone?

submitted by /u/ifightwithmylaziness
[link] [comments]

Any way to block push messages/pop ups temporarely?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 01:49 PM PDT

On iOS there's this "do not disturb"-feature that blocks incoming calls but also doesn't allow pop ups, for example from messengers.

Android's don't disturb feature is similar, with the exception that there are still pop ups. Is there any way to block them too, without getting a third party app?

submitted by /u/german_sin
[link] [comments]

Viper4android only works when the Viper app is open

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 01:45 PM PDT

On my Galaxy S5 viper would always be on, even if the app wasn't open. On my new OnePlus 3 I have to have the app open. Is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Ulachagi
[link] [comments]

What's a minimal to-do list app?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 01:30 PM PDT

I want the most barebones to do list app possible. Here are my preferences, in order of most to least important:

  • It works
  • It lets me add, edit or delete an unlimited number of text based items, and thats the only feature. No grouping, no email sync, no cloud, no photo or audio snippets, nothing else at all.
  • No permissions
  • The icon doesn't look like shit and the name isn't something silly
  • You can link me to an APK instead of the play store

All of the ones I've tried fail one of the first four requirements.

submitted by /u/lycratard
[link] [comments]

Camera zooms in when taking a video on Snapchat

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 01:26 PM PDT

Pretty much what the title says. As soon as I record a video, my camera zooms in. It also lags quite a little while recording which causes 'jumps' during the video. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

I have a Huawei P9.

submitted by /u/blueredgreenorange
[link] [comments]

Nexus 5x 7.0 lockscreen wallpaper?

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 09:38 AM PDT

Is it possible to set a different picture for my homestretch and lockscreen wallpaper?

submitted by /u/thebunnybullet
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Porting linux and python: what is the Android equivalent of /tmp and how do I make scripts use it? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.