My gran got her first Android phone... And so it begins. Also, what apps should I recommend to someone that doesn't get technology at all?

My gran got her first Android phone... And so it begins. Also, what apps should I recommend to someone that doesn't get technology at all?


My gran got her first Android phone... And so it begins. Also, what apps should I recommend to someone that doesn't get technology at all?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 05:58 AM PDT

Well this is awkward

Posted: 22 Sep 2016 10:40 AM PDT

This is just playing dumb

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:00 AM PDT

Check out this brand spanking new urban dictionary client that i hacked up

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 05:33 AM PDT

Tell me what y'all think about it. Here's the link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.sayangoswami.urbandictionary

The app is a material take on Urban Dictionary.

submitted by /u/the_supreme_smirk
[link] [comments]

Warning regarding Allo group chats; Your phone number isnt hidden from strangers

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 09:18 AM PDT

I was in a group chat already of about 10 people, and when one of my friends was invited to the group, he was less than trilled. There were people in the chat he didn't know, and vice versa. Yet now, he was seeing their phone numbers and they all can see his.

This seems like an oversight from Google and the Allo team. Further to this, my friend was placed in the chat. There is no option to deny the invite.

I've reached out to Justin Uberti via Twitter regarding this. I hope it gets corrected sooner than later.

submitted by /u/knightfallzx2
[link] [comments]

[Dev] 'eSports Manager' is out! Create the next legendary eSports team!

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 03:27 AM PDT

This is my first Game and have spent the last few months living the dream as a solo dev!

Find out more details here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esportssim.testudo

submitted by /u/Lncredible
[link] [comments]

Is there a browser/app where you can make a playlist of videos and stream it to Chromecast?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 06:27 AM PDT

Basically almost like youtube, you can search for videos and add them to your playlist and cast all the videos one after another non stop.

submitted by /u/Oktay164
[link] [comments]

Unetbootin alternative for Android?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:47 AM PDT

I'm looking for an app that allows one to create bootable USB sticks from Android, like Unetbootin.

It's possible to attache USB sticks to an Android phone via OTP USB adapters, so I was hoping that would make this possible.

Has anyone found such an app?

submitted by /u/ReluctantPirate
[link] [comments]

App/Launcher like OnePlus Shelf

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 10:03 AM PDT

I would like to know if there is any app or launcher with a left panel just for widgets like the OnePlus Shelf. I already tried Snap but I wanted something to swipe from left to right.

submitted by /u/SirTuga
[link] [comments]

There needs to be an app that does this (is there?)

Posted: 22 Sep 2016 09:18 PM PDT

Fearless – Travel Often, Travel Solo and Travel Fearless

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 09:15 AM PDT

The best free agenda view calendar which does not truncate event title besides Business calendar?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 09:06 AM PDT

I require only two things:

  • as small font as possible in agenda view so i can see as many events as possible (but normal font would not be deal breaker) also without fancy dates pictures and other stuff wasting screen space

  • display full non truncated event title even if long (i use it instead of description)

I tested many calendars and majority seem to be truncating event name, only calendar which is not truncating event title I remember is Business calendar 1.x which has been basically abandoned for people who don't want to use childish colorful BC2.

submitted by /u/Aan2007
[link] [comments]

Google Maps wants DATA!

Posted: 22 Sep 2016 04:02 PM PDT

So I have submitted enough reviews to Google Maps that they let me have access to a special program inside the app. It basically tells me what businesses in my vicinity lack information in their database, and they use crowd sourcing to get it.

There was an address of a supposed business in my neighborhood and Google wanted a photo. I found the place, it looked like a residence, but what did I know? I snapped the picture, submitted it, and went on my merry way. Ten minutes later, while I was trying to work out the address of the next business, a car pulls up behind me and wants to know why I'm taking pictures. They tell me it's a private residence and that I have no business doing whatever it is that I'm doing. "A guy could get shot that way," the guy told me. After one of them called me a motherfucker several times, I told the nice, belligerent men that I was sorry, that I wouldn't do it again, and that I would try to get the listing deleted.

And I don't think I'll be playing Google's fill-in the info game again any time soon.

submitted by /u/dc_joker
[link] [comments]

What's the best text-to-speech engine and voice

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 08:37 AM PDT

I've tried the Ivona voices, but they don't seem any better than the default US English voice on android? Is the default voice the best one out there?

PS, I'm working on a tasker virtual assistant to expand Google Now.

submitted by /u/13enito
[link] [comments]

[Dev] TrakMy Headache + Migraine symptom tracker beta app

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 08:31 AM PDT

I am working on a suite of symptom tracker apps specific to various conditions, and this one is for headache and migraine. I would appreciate any feedback!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trakmyhealthapps.trakmyheadache.beta

Better manage your headaches and migraines by tracking symptoms, diet, treatments, and more. Customize graphs to view changes in symptoms and the effects of treatments over time.

This app was created by patients, for patients, and is customized specifically for managing headaches and migraines. You can use our in-app feedback form to request additional features or report issues.

You can log and track the following: - Overall wellbeing - Pain type and level - Pain location - Sensitivity to light and sound - Triggers such as stress, weather, lack of sleep, etc. - Nausea, vomiting, stress, anxiety, lethargy, and activity levels - Impact of symptoms on your daily life - Treatments including dosage - Diet including food log, water intake, and caffeinated and alcoholic beverage intake - Notes from doctor's appointments and tests

  • Filter the log of previous entries based on entry type
  • Find past entries by date
  • Graph symptoms, effects of treatments, pain type, location and severity, and other statistics for custom time periods
  • Use history to easily view the earliest and most recent dates for symptoms and treatments

This app is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

submitted by /u/compchick813
[link] [comments]

[Dev] TrakMy IBS symptom tracker beta app

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 08:21 AM PDT

I am working on a suite of symptom tracker apps specific to various conditions, and this one is for IBS. I would appreciate any feedback!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trakmyhealthapps.trakmyibs.beta

Better manage your IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and other GI disorders by tracking bowel movements, symptoms, diet, treatments, and more. Customize graphs to view changes in symptoms and the effects of treatments over time.

This app was created by patients, for patients, and is customized specifically for managing IBS. You can use our in-app feedback form to request additional features or report issues.

You can log and track the following: - Bowel movements - Notes from doctor's appointments and tests - Overall wellbeing - Pain type and level - Bloating, flatulence, nausea, stress, anxiety, lethargy, and activity levels - Impact of symptoms on your daily life - Treatments including dosage - Diet including food log, fiber and water intake, caffeinated, carbonated and alcoholic beverage intake

  • Filter the log of previous entries based on entry type
  • Find past entries by date
  • Graph symptoms, effects of treatments, stool volume, stool type, pain type, and other statistics for custom time periods
  • Use history to easily view the earliest and most recent dates for symptoms and treatments

This app is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

submitted by /u/compchick813
[link] [comments]

Alternative to ES file explorer?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:33 AM PDT

So I've been using ES File Explorer for years. Initially, it was a fantastic, light explorer, showing every local folder and file in a clear, organised way. Hell, it even lets you link up to cloud-services, like Drive, or storage on your LAN, like a NAS.

But... The developers keep adding more and more crap and functionality that noone has asked for. And a few days ago, I found some weird folder named "dianxin", that keeps being remade and filled after deletion (Yea, Google tells me I'm not the only one with this issue, and noone has any idea what the hell causes it). I don't trust this thing for a bit anymore, so it has to gooooo.

Anyway, I need an alternative to ES File Explorer. Can anyone recommend something that has roughly the same features as ES's?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/SomeDuderr
[link] [comments]

[Request] Looking for a material design email app with dark theme

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 07:46 AM PDT

im looking to find a good email app but am struggling to find one that matche my needs. I want one with a dark theme that is material design and (ideally) has customizable swipes.

The popular ones like bluemail i find to be ugly, and outlook has no dark theme.

needs to work with exchange and gmail, so nine is out

sry for typos, typing in a sling

submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_TRADRACK
[link] [comments]

Worth it to root if I can't install custom ROMs?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 07:16 AM PDT

The bootloader for my specific phone hasn't been unlocked yet, thus meaning I can't use custom ROMs. I think this information is correct, I read it on XDA.

Is it still worth it to root?

submitted by /u/Dr_Adopted
[link] [comments]

[Request] Youtube To GPM And/Or Reddit Auto-Playlists

Posted: 22 Sep 2016 10:17 PM PDT

I subscribe to a multisubreddit of music sharing subs. The majority of these posts are in the form of youtube links and I am looking for a way to 'share' open YT title (I use NewPipe) to GPM search for the song. A more sophisticated handling of this would be an app that generates auto-playlists from select subs. I could in theory cobble something together on Tasker for the former, but an app that can offer an elegant, streamlined solution to this would, I think, appeal to a lot of listeners out there.

submitted by /u/dynamicsofanasteroid
[link] [comments]

Best chromium browser out there for snapdragon optimization

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:53 AM PDT

What are the tips for testing Android apps?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 02:44 AM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about My gran got her first Android phone... And so it begins. Also, what apps should I recommend to someone that doesn't get technology at all? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.