Allo thought: Google should have just launch a google assistant app, with incorporated chat, instead of the other way around

Allo thought: Google should have just launch a google assistant app, with incorporated chat, instead of the other way around


Allo thought: Google should have just launch a google assistant app, with incorporated chat, instead of the other way around

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:16 AM PDT

I find myself using the assistant but I have not chatted with anyone (and I don't think I will in the foreseeable future because most of my contacts will not download another chat app).

I can't replace messenger and use it for SMS because it can't handle it yet.

All the fuss, and to me, the interesting bit is the assistant and google "hidden AI" (wink at the future skynet).

I even think it would have been an even more compelling way to launch it, although it is still half baked, and people would say "but there is google now already!".

What do you think?

submitted by /u/AosudiF1
[link] [comments]

We may be able to name google assitant in the future

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:03 AM PDT

Google Rewards, apparantly 'insufficient funds'.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 04:08 AM PDT

Even though I've got about 6.20$ in credit in the app, anytime I want to buy something from the play store it says I have insufficient funds. This happens even when I use the 'spend credit' link from inside the rewards app. Has anyone had a similar problem?

submitted by /u/secondhandsimon
[link] [comments]

[REQUEST] App to change default browser depending on the situation/app I'm in

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 08:02 AM PDT

Is there an app that can do this:

  • Opening a link from Feedly -> link opens in Lightning Browser automatically
  • Opening a link from Reddit Sync -> link opens in Chrome automatically

I want to be able to choose different default browsers depending on the app I'm in.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Luighi
[link] [comments]

[REQUEST] Looking for an app that will notify me every 5 km.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 01:26 AM PDT

I'm going on a hike and I need to do something every 5 km I walk. Is there an app that could notify me every time I do so, so that I don't have to check the distance walked manually all the time?

submitted by /u/labak
[link] [comments]

App to enter password using fingerprint?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 04:55 AM PDT

NFC WIFI FTP

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:38 AM PDT

I'm trying to create a super simple method of transferring files over wifi via ftp. Essentially what I'd like to do on a non-rooted galaxy s6 running shmellow is have an nfc sticker on my laptop, that I tap the phone to, which opens and activates an ftp app on the phone, turns on wifi, and connects to my local network.

The problem is that I'm not able to find an ftp app that is automatically on when the app starts. All of them have to tap to enable them, I want one that is automatic when the app runs.

I'd like to simply be like "I need this file on my phone" tap phone to nfc tag, open ftp client on laptop, connect to phone, drag and drop files around, finished, tap phone to tag again to close ftp connection (close the app).

submitted by /u/themayker
[link] [comments]

[Request] A maths 'game' app, something to help revision of algebra, calculus etc.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 10:23 AM PDT

So I need to brush up on my math for my third year science degree I'm starting. Calculus mainly. I like doing sudukos and similar pattern games on my phone, but I was wondering if there was an app that tests my calculus, I know I could just grab pen and paper but I feel like an app game like this would be really helpful. Anyone know of anything like this? I have revision tools that show algebraic rules and table of derivatives but would want it in more of a solveable format.

TIA

submitted by /u/ImOnRedditWow
[link] [comments]

Is there an app to flip the phone screen so the image is mirrored?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 03:33 PM PDT

I'd like to get the image on my phone completely reversed so that it would only make sense when viewed in a mirror. Is there an app that can do this?

I bought a "smartphone projector" (one star, do not recommend, but I own it now so I might as well use it) and it needs the image on your phone to be both upside-down and mirrored. I've found plenty of rotation control apps to get the image to stay upside-down, but I haven't been able to find one that will mirror the screen completely.

submitted by /u/insideoutduck
[link] [comments]

major update to 2do

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 11:28 PM PDT

I've been a big fan of 2do for a while now, especially after it won an Apple design award, and after reading Federico Viticci's review of 2do on macstories (https://www.macstories.net/stories/why-2do-is-my-new-favorite-ios-task-manager/). As Android users, however, we were left with an app that looked like it was from the 1960s - skeumorphic and generally feeling abandoned.

Just today, however, their devs released a 2.0 version with Material Design - I personally really like it and use it daily on my Mac and now on Android as well.

My only qualms with it at the moment are the lack of a widget (which, according to the release notes, are coming soon), and no drag and drop, which I can only assume will eventually happen on Android as well.

In my humble opinion, it's good to support good iOS devs bringing their apps over to Android, because it just makes our app ecosystem better, and is better for competition in general.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidedways.android2do&hl=en

submitted by /u/ahmedre
[link] [comments]

Android app reviews can be helpful...at times...

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 07:39 AM PDT

Is there an app with the ability to lower the external speaker sound below that of the phones capability? (At lowest level it's still to loud)

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:52 AM PDT

[DEV] - Snippt - News in the form of Visual storyboards

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 03:49 AM PDT

Hi guys,

Looking for feedback on an app we launched a couple of months back - but continuously iterating and working upon! We feel at last, Snippt has reached a stage where we are kind of satisfied with the product.

App link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysnippt.snippt

A bit more about what we do :

We publish news in the form of 4-second video stories plus concise summary formats. The news is represented in the form of a storyboard, where a stream of 4-second videos gives you a glimpse of the latest news from around the world. We focus on content and formats that are relevant to younger millennials in the 16-24 age group. We have also added a couple of features that let users express what they feel about the news!

Would really love to get feedback/inputs on: 1) The UI - any specific inputs 2) The UX 3) Any other performance improvements - speed/crashes etc. etc. 4) Any additional content formats that can be added - keeping video & brevity at the core 5) Any other additional features that would help in making news fun & engaging for first-time news readers

Look forward to hearing your responses :)

submitted by /u/swaroopv
[link] [comments]

Need a perfect music player app.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 06:31 AM PDT

my reuirements 1. Automatically fetches info like album and artist name. 2. Automatically fetches album art. 3. Ignores non music mp3 like voice recordings/ringtones. 4. Be able to play music 5. Be ad free/have the ability to remove ads via in app purchase or premium version 6. Not be Musixmatch

  • I've tried many apps, most are able to fetch album art if the name of the album is already entered. But they all fail to fetch album name if the album name isn't entered and if i don't manually enter the album name, they can't fetch album art.
submitted by /u/vladthedracul
[link] [comments]

Personal budget app That allows the envelope method?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 07:12 PM PDT

I´m trying to find a personal budget app on google play store that allows you to separate you money into different envelopes. Essenttialy allowing you to use the envelope method instead of a simple budget. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Bla4ck
[link] [comments]

Веst WhаtsАрр sеnd lаtеr sсhеdulеr?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:27 AM PDT

Has anyone ever used Appsme?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 10:25 PM PDT

I don't know diddles about coding for an app or much of coding at all. My friend found Appsme and wanting to make his business an app. He's wanting to pay for it for the apps being available for download for android and ios. I can't really find reviews for it and have no idea where to ask this question. Please help x.x

submitted by /u/EnjoiiPanda
[link] [comments]

Added a dark theme to EarlyBird (Android News App)

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 12:16 PM PDT

AI assistant that will read you reminders at set time?

Posted: 23 Sep 2016 09:14 PM PDT

I had been using assistant ai until yesterday when almost all of its features were stripped (thanks to what it sounds like due to google buying them out and not wanting competition with Allo). Any good similar apps? I've tried Jervis, Hound, Dragon and Indigo, but none have the ai read the reminder. Any suggestions? Thanks!

submitted by /u/will_never_comment
[link] [comments]

"Phone Book ConTacTs" - Best contacts app, love it.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 07:51 AM PDT

New web browser Orion disappeared from G+. What happened?

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 12:12 AM PDT

[DEV] Little Rainbow. the most annoying game ever.

Posted: 24 Sep 2016 02:35 AM PDT

Can you identify rainbows 🌈 correctly? Can you beat the high score of 61? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spinderix.experiment2&utm_source=reddit &utm_medium=link&utm_term=reddit &utm_campaign=reddit

submitted by /u/spinderix
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Allo thought: Google should have just launch a google assistant app, with incorporated chat, instead of the other way around at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.