So I just got my first car today, a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, and it has Android Auto in it. What are some features and things I can do with it that wouldn't be imideaitely obvious? do you have any tips or tricks for using it? Thanks.

So I just got my first car today, a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, and it has Android Auto in it. What are some features and things I can do with it that wouldn't be imideaitely obvious? do you have any tips or tricks for using it? Thanks.


So I just got my first car today, a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, and it has Android Auto in it. What are some features and things I can do with it that wouldn't be imideaitely obvious? do you have any tips or tricks for using it? Thanks.

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 10:29 AM PDT

Also, I have a smartwatch, a Moto 360 g2. Can I use that with Android Auto?

submitted by /u/Geeawf0
[link] [comments]

ZTE Maverick unable to sign into Wifi Networks that require username and password..

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 11:40 AM PDT

I have a ZTE Maverick and i just moved into college today. There is wifi for the campus to use, everyone I know was able to connect to it, but my phone will show the "Sign into Network" screen for about 5seconds, before closing. It closes every single time, and i can only use the wifi if I sign into it. I've tried going on my browser and seeing if it will take me to sign in page, but it didn't work. If somebody knows how to fix this, please help. Please and thank you

submitted by /u/jcool9
[link] [comments]

Will Android Nougat download its updates automatically (Nexus 5X)?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 10:22 AM PDT

To be clear, I am not talking about the initial Nougat upgrade. Once Nougat is installed, will it download its security updates (7.0.1 or whatever) automatically?

From techradar:

Updates are also more seamless, with security updates automatically downloaded

I understand that the Nexus 5X will not have the seamless update feature, but that is because Google doesn't want to create new partitions on a phone in use. That won't stop the phone from downloading software updates automatically.

Is there at least an option to disable the automatic download?

submitted by /u/theLorknessMonster
[link] [comments]

Samsung galaxy s4 sim issue

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 09:16 AM PDT

Hello, apologies in advance because i am a huge noob at this kinda stuff but i wish to learn more after this issue is resolved also i only ever lurk reddit so posting is very new to me, sorry. i recently tried installing xposed framework for my galaxy s4 gt-i9505 and well it being my first time the end result was me accidentally deleting my os without any backup but i recently fixed this by flashing the firmware from [url]http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/51365/I9505XXUHOF2_I9505VFRHOF3_VOD/[/url] as my phone is locked to vodafone

but since then my s4 wont read that my sim has been inserted so i can no longer get signal or network any guidance to a thread that could fix this issue for me would be greatly appreciated as i really need this working by sunday

if im not posting in the right place directions to somewhere appropriate would be awesome

thanks in advance :)

submitted by /u/ACzombie
[link] [comments]

Note 7 performance issues

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 09:07 AM PDT

So I kept reading about performance issues surrounding the note 7. I'm wondering if this is caused mainly by TouchWiz? Will installing google or nova launcher solve the issue?

Would really hate it if a $850 phone still lags when sub $400 ones can run smoothly :(

submitted by /u/LeonWhatever
[link] [comments]

How do I switch Play Store markets? IOS and Windows Phone both allowed me to switch to the US market.

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 09:00 AM PDT

I want to switch markets because the KSA market is absolute shit. Please help

submitted by /u/KhanofLegend
[link] [comments]

Is There A Gauge Or Rule of Thumb about How Much 'Screen On Time' is Good/Bad?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 06:45 AM PDT

My phone doesn't even get to 3 hours of 'screen on time', is that generally good or bad?

Just curious what is average or 'good', etc? Any insight?

submitted by /u/Oddball-
[link] [comments]

Will a stock s4 mini wipe itself after 10 failed unlock attempts by default?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 09:39 AM PDT

Simple yes or no question, I need to know if the s4 mini will wipe itself after 10 bad unlock attempts without the user doing anything other than locking the phone. Thanks!

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I REALLY need to know the answer to it.

submitted by /u/smurfhunter99
[link] [comments]

My galaxy s4 is stuck on 4.4.2 and wont software update

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:26 PM PDT

when i try to do a software update its says "latest updates have already been installed" but i know there is a newer version as i had a newer version on the phone previously that looked alot better

submitted by /u/ACzombie
[link] [comments]

Want to sell my Nexus 6 running PureNexus. Flashing stock Nougat enough to unroot it?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:25 PM PDT

I guess the bootloader will still be unlocked, but as long as I disclose that, will the rest of it be "stock" enough for an average user?

And will it be able to receive OTAs?

submitted by /u/MEGAT0N
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to play HEVC 265 files on Samsung tab 3?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:19 PM PDT

Hey guys I have some video files which are 1080p x 265 (mkv). I tried to play them on VLC player on my Samsung tab3 but I only get audio. I have tried quite a few other players including HEVC player on android but still haven't been able to play them. Can anyone tell me any other players or ways to play those files? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Coro2002
[link] [comments]

Is there an actual way to stop auto updates? Or is my only option to just click off auto updates and watch as they update whatever they want? Is there a way to cancel them, or block/delete these programs permanently?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 05:33 AM PDT

Update prevented usage of phone as mass storage?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:17 PM PDT

I was planning to add some more music to my phone, Honor 4C by Huawei, but found out that things didn't work out the way they did before. When I put music on the phone last time, I could just open the phone as a storage, find the SD card's folder and drop my music files there and everything worked smoothly.

However, now it's not working out for me anymore after two phone updates. I assume either one of those updates changed this, not sure if it was the former or the latter. If I try to choose usb mode from the developer settings, I'm not finding mass storage, which if I recall correctly was needed back then to access the folders. If I use the media transfer protocol, or any of the other options, my computer doesn't recognise my phone as the storage but rather as a drive to autorun installation of HiSuite. There are no files other than the files related to this autorun inside. And for some reason, HiSuite program itself has no way to transfer music, only photos and videos, even though the program's patch notes say something about adding support for music collections...

So what am I missing here? I googled for answers for like 4 hours but found none so far. My phone's android version is 6.0 and EMUI is 4.0. Another change that happened is that I changed to Windows 10 with a clean install, but I'm quite confident it's about the phone updates.

Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/Aldenwar
[link] [comments]

[Smart Lock]: Can I lower the bluetooth reception range to a few feet for my smartwatch while using it as a Smart Device?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:08 PM PDT

I just got a Xiami Mi Band 1S. When I use it as a Smart Lock trusted device, it keeps my phone unlocked even when I'm 2 rooms away from the phone. This makes it practically useless as a security device.

Is there an app or a mod that I can install on stock Sony Xperia Z3C to limit the bluetooth range so it will only unlock if I'm within a few feet?

submitted by /u/smartfon
[link] [comments]

I screwed up, accidentally changed my resolution (rooted phone) in a terminal to something crazy low, now I can't change it back (keyboard is not visible), how can I fix it?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 03:06 PM PDT

To make it short - Honor 5X, rooted, installed CM13.

I used terminal emulator to change resolution to 720p to play PokemonGO with better FPS.

  • su
  • wm size 720x1280 / reset
  • wm density 326 / reset

Pretty simple stuff, right?

I wasn't paying attention and must have accidentally written 720x128 or something like that, because it made everything HUGE, reaching way outside of the screen.

Now the phone is rendered unusable outside of TWRP.

Is there any way to change the resolution back without wiping everything?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Amadeusz
[link] [comments]

Can't access device storage!

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 02:08 PM PDT

I have a Nexus 6P (Android version 6.0.1) hooked up to my MacBook Air (w/screen unlocked) and I keep getting this message. What gives? How can I fix this so I can access my files?

submitted by /u/WithTimeComesStories
[link] [comments]

Dual Sim question

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 02:05 PM PDT

I have just started using a Blu Life One X and have two SIMs in it. One is work and the other is personal. So far, so good.

My question comes in with the default SIM settings. Data, no problem, let work handle that. :) But for phone and sms, I would like to set the default to my personal, but don't want to have to change it on the occasion that I need to make a work call/text. Is there a way yo select in the app other than have it ask you every time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/pjcace
[link] [comments]

"OK Google" seems flaky all of a sudden

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 01:03 PM PDT

I'm on: Android 6.0.1. August 5, 2016 patch level.

I use the "OK Google" feature quite a bit in the car to call my wife. Previously, I've simply needed to say "OK Google" and then "Call firstname lastname mobile" and it would call her. All that does now is does a google search for that query. The only way I can get "OK Google" to make the call is to say "Call firstname" or "Call firstname lastname" and then after it asks me which number I can then say "mobile."

I used to be able to do a single command all in one step. Is there something new that I'm missing?

submitted by /u/lexbuck
[link] [comments]

Can anyone tell me which app makes these suggestions appear/how to disable them?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 06:49 AM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/4u3mj8K.jpg

I want to make these disappear, since it underlines in red words that are not in English even if I enable 2 languages on Swiftkey.

submitted by /u/RageKnify
[link] [comments]

(New User) I feel like im using my One Plus 3 like an iphone.

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 12:40 PM PDT

Hey, Im a new user to android - got my OP3 a few weeks ago now, used to have an iPhone 5.

I am the type that liked to costumize his tech. used to Jailbreak my iPhone back whan it made sense.

I get the feeilg that I use my Android device like an iPhone. I dont see any things I would like to change. I moved to the Google now launcher. But nothing besides that. Also I havent rooted my phone yet becosue I never found a feateur for only rooted phones I felt I needed. most of what i found was file magenmet sruff (ES file manger is more than fine for me) and battery stuff (I get excaly a full day from my OP3 so no need of that)

what are some stuff do you think will help me make my phone more "mine"? I do want to tinker whith it and I do want to make it fit me the best. I just dont find a way how.

Thanks!

(BTW - quick iOS to Android review: some stuff are better some stuff arn't, love the way all apps have no problem interacting with each other and other parts of my phone. hate the way some stuff dont "just work". Currently see no reason to go back)

submitted by /u/thisuserkills
[link] [comments]

Syncing album folders in Google Photos

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Hi all. I have my phone on auto backup for my camera folder and now I want to auto backup my Instagram photos. All photos that get posted to Instagram get saved to the folder called "Instagram" is there a way for all those photos that get backed up automatically appear in an album on Google Photos also called Instagram? Thank you!

submitted by /u/josiee
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to require a pin/thumbprint to open an app?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Click on Google Keep, or whatever, and Android prompts you with the pin / pattern / thumbprint screen? My phone never leaves me, but I'm still hesitant in putting stuff like my bank numbers just in case I lose it.

submitted by /u/temporarycreature
[link] [comments]

Has my Note7 been Maliciously tampered with?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 08:45 AM PDT

I Pre-ordered my note7 through my local AT&T store and received the phone which has been doing great as expected. I tried to redeem a promotion with Samsung however, and they said my device imei and mac address do not match and the my device with my same imei has already been claimed. I am now fearing that my device has been tampered with prior to receiving it. I was hoping r/AndroidQuestions could give me some advice on what to do now.

submitted by /u/MrDiabetic
[link] [comments]

New Android update on S6 Edge broke my phone?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 11:58 AM PDT

I received a notification yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to update my phone to the latest firmware. I believe it was 6.0 (Marshmallow).

I let it do its thing, until it got to the part where it says "Android is Upgrading. Starting Apps." It was stuck on that screen for a good 2 or so hours, so I looked up that issue online and I did the old reset trick where you hold the volume down and power buttons.

My phone reset properly and I was able to use it again, but I didn't have access to a charger near me so the phone eventually died after some 30 minutes. I come back home and I let my phone charge overnight.

I wake up this morning to turn on my phone, now at 100%. The phone boots, shows me the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge screen, then goes black, with a blue LED light always on and a dimming/flashing green light on top of it. I tried the reset trick again, which shows me the S6 Edge screen again, but it still goes black right after with the LED lights always on.

I hope this has happened to someone else so I can fix this problem without having to buy ANOTHER brand new phone...

submitted by /u/halifaxdesigner
[link] [comments]

How do I download play music to sd card on T-Mobile samsung galaxy s7e?

Posted: 26 Aug 2016 11:41 AM PDT

I got the dreaded out of space message even though I have plenty left in both internal storage and my 64 GB SD card.

I dutifully deleted my play store data and cache but that didn't do anything. I looked in my application manager and I see play music is taking up a lot of space in internal storage. Why? https://imgur.com/a/tef8O

submitted by /u/throwaway00000000035
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about So I just got my first car today, a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, and it has Android Auto in it. What are some features and things I can do with it that wouldn't be imideaitely obvious? do you have any tips or tricks for using it? Thanks. at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.