Questions Thread - August 28, 2016

Questions Thread - August 28, 2016


Questions Thread - August 28, 2016

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 05:06 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Also, please don't link to Play Store pages or ask for feedback on this thread. Save those for the App Feedback threads we host on Saturdays.

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Android Design Support 24.2.0 update Password visibility Toggle

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 10:22 AM PDT

Best Native Ad Network to Integrate? (Mopub/Inmobi/Admob/etc)

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 05:46 PM PDT

Hey guys, wanted to know your experiences with ad networks in your android apps.

I've got an android app with a bout 14k downloads and want to increase revenue in it. I currently have Admob integrated through a banner ad which equates to a 0.76% click through rate.

I'm looking to integrate native ads and so open to switching to a new platform. Does anybody have any recommendations?

I've read about the Admob horror stories of no payouts.

I've read about InMobis unique targeting skills that can result in better click through.

I've read about Mediation Services (Admob itself has one, will this work fine? Just integrate InMobi?).

I know that integrating a new ad paltform is going to take an investment of time so ideally I want to be sure before I go down one route.

Thanks in advance for your help!

submitted by /u/RabbitsFoot8
[link] [comments]

This looks pretty awesome: Navigation tab strip with smooth interaction [Library]

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 09:56 AM PDT

Java in the Cloud - Continuous Integration Setup Tutorial

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 12:20 AM PDT

I want to learn game development - C# vs Java - Which is better?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 08:14 AM PDT

Novice programmer here. I've covered the basics of both C# and Java (Variables, if-statements etc.) and even through a lot of Googling I'm unclear which path to follow. Java supposedly runs smoother since it's native on Android, but C# had the cross-platform functionality with Xamarin or Unity.

Do any if you have some more clear answers? Right now I'm leaning towards C# but I'd love to hear people's thoughts about it.

submitted by /u/Bematli
[link] [comments]

How do you ACTUALLY remove your APK from Aptoide

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:56 AM PDT

I've uploaded lots of APKs to Aptoide but cannot completely remove them.

There is a delete button which deletes the app from my store, but you can still google search 'my app Aptoide' and it will take you to a page where you can download the app that is not on my Store.

Anyone know how to get rid of it completely?

submitted by /u/John_Cusely
[link] [comments]

Who are the people / niches that use Android devices?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 03:14 PM PDT

I think it's a good idea to niche down to specific markets if you are an entrepreneur or freelancer so I am wondering what in this subreddit's experience, are the groups of people / niches that use Android? I am talking about specific functions that Android devices do that serve specific groups of people? Maybe there is some functionality that Android devices do better than any other option available?

submitted by /u/bertweaze
[link] [comments]

GitHub - beyondeye/Reduks: A "batteries included" port of Reduxjs for Kotlin+Android

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 04:02 AM PDT

[Question] What the best way to get into Android app development?

Posted: 28 Aug 2016 02:28 PM PDT

I'd like to jump into Android Development. I have one year of Java Computer Programming at my school and last year I built a mock e-commerce website for a club. I'm considering taking Udacity's Android Basics course. I was just wondering if any of you have taken this and whether or not it's worth the time and money? Perhaps you guys know of a better alternative to starting Android development?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/AnonymousGenius
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - August 28, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.