Questions Thread - June 02, 2016

Questions Thread - June 02, 2016


Questions Thread - June 02, 2016

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 05:06 AM PDT

This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we suggest checking the sidebar, the wiki, or Stack Overflow before posting). Examples of questions:

  • How do I pass data between my Activities?
  • Does anyone have a link to the source for the AOSP messaging app?
  • Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the status bar without targeting API 21?

Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

Large code snippets don't read well on reddit and take up a lot of space, so please don't paste them in your comments. Consider linking Gists instead.

Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/androiddev mods? We welcome your mod mail!

Looking for all the Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? Click this link!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Looking for an android partner for fun coding together + feedback on ideas

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 03:20 PM PDT

Do you trust Firebase not to go Parse's way

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 11:29 AM PDT

Google made a huge deal about Firebase in IO this year. The features and the roadmap looks so great but do we trust Firebase not to go down Parse's path?

submitted by /u/mavdev
[link] [comments]

NavigationViewManager - separate navigation logic from your MainActivity

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 06:52 AM PDT

Is there a way to obfuscate the assets folder?

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 07:10 PM PDT

My app relies on some resources that are just sitting there in the assets folder. Anyone can just unzip the apk and get them.

They don't have confidential information or any private keys or anything, but it would provide an easy head start for someone looking to copy my app. I'd rather not it be that easy. (In particular, I have an app where you can overlay text with custom fonts on some image. So, in my assets folder I have a bunch of freely available fonts. But still, I want the person trying to copy my app to have to download each of the fucking fonts one by one)

I hate the kind of apps that make you download some shit on the first startup, that's just terrible UX. Any other way to obfuscate stuff in the assets folder?

submitted by /u/lucidifier
[link] [comments]

How many times did Android Studio 2.2 Preview 2 shutdown itself while developing?

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 09:39 AM PDT

question says it all. the number of times that the IDE shutdown with me while doing some critical coding and losing the code that i done is abit aloot, like four, five times aday. how many are they with you?

submitted by /u/imkosh
[link] [comments]

Exploring Realm on Android

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 08:33 AM PDT

[Open Source] WiFi QR Share

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 10:49 PM PDT

Hi guys, long time lurker. I finally decided to contribute to the community by creating a simple app that shares WiFi using QR codes.

It is a very simple app but I hope it will help absolute beginners understand the basics such as RxJava, RecyclerView, Activities, etc. I've tried to stick to the material design principles as closely as possible. I am a beginner myself so this might be a chance for me to learn something from you.

Thanks.

Github

submitted by /u/random-infinity
[link] [comments]

Uber Sponsors Its First Mobile Engineering Bootcamp - partnering with CodePath to offer a free Android program in San Francisco this summer at our office, for twenty-five students

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 09:28 AM PDT

First steps with NFC in Android – Android NFC App tutorial

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 07:53 AM PDT

Testing and Getting Feedback on an idea for an App

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 09:58 AM PDT

Android Studio emulator question.

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 12:28 PM PDT

I'm running a windows 10 64bit desktop with 32GB of ram and an AMD 8 Core. Despite my PC's speed I'm still getting the error "Unfortunately, your computer does not support hardware accelerated virtualization." when trying to run an emulator. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/bl1ndin9
[link] [comments]

ConstraintLayout on Android - How Ready Is It? - WanariLeaks

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 02:26 AM PDT

Response caching using OkHttp (Part 1)

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 10:15 AM PDT

2 weeks with Android N Beta on my personal phone

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 10:55 AM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about Questions Thread - June 02, 2016 at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.