How does factory reset work - advanced

How does factory reset work - advanced


How does factory reset work - advanced

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 10:27 AM PDT

There's no clear info on this and at this point i'm frustrated. How does factory reset work in android devices? Does it overwrite data and how does it happen so fast(2 minutes)? Why data is not recoverable after factory reset?( i used dd with Autopsy) I'm refering to pre android 5 devices(crypto erasing) and not encrypted devices. Any answer is a good answer.

submitted by /u/Gorge_mu06
[link] [comments]

Locating a stolen phone?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:55 PM PDT

My phone was stolen today, and I was looking into some options for finding it, but they require GPS and data which I had turned off.

Is there some way I could turn them on remotely?

submitted by /u/Alea_Infinitus
[link] [comments]

No way to turn off travel cards?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 09:19 AM PDT

Is there seriously no way to turn off Google Now travel cards? I've been forced to turn off Google Now entirely just to stop these stupid things from showing up on my watch.

I live in a relatively small city, literally every destination that it predicts is 10 minutes away, and it's never right about where I might be going anyway.

submitted by /u/Dekzter
[link] [comments]

How To Program An Android Device To Control My Air Conditioner?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 09:10 AM PDT

I'm a web developer with several years of PHP and Javascript experience so android development will (hopefully) not be too difficult of a challenge for me.

I would like to be able to control my air conditioner to turn on just before I get home. I have an old android device (Samsung Galaxy S4) that I can use for this. My idea is for my device to ping my cell phone (Android Galaxy S7) for my location and if I am within say half a mile from home to turn on. I would also like to have a manual override so if I'm spending a few hours at my neighbor I will be able to remotely shut off the ac. I would also like to attach the device to a thermostat so that it will only turn on if the room is above a certain temperature. My air conditioner is a wall unit that plugs into the wall.

If y'all could point me in the right direction on how to get started I'd appreciate it. TIA!

submitted by /u/lonely_solipsist
[link] [comments]

Phone screen broken. Can't initialize usb on galaxy s6 to use smart switch.

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 10:13 AM PDT

Samsung smart switch can't connect because the USB connection isn't allowed. Does anyone have a way to unlock the usb so I can get my files off my old phone? I already have the replacement in hand.

submitted by /u/True_to_you
[link] [comments]

Can I send SMS through wifi with Google Voice/Hangouts?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 08:40 AM PDT

Is it possible to do this? I have heard that you can but I can't quite seem to figure it out. I have low signal in some areas or places where I can use wifi and want to still be able to receive messages easily and send them.

submitted by /u/Bagel_Bear
[link] [comments]

Can anyone help me understand a CPU Spy screenshot?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 01:20 PM PDT

Here is the screenshot: http://imgur.com/0zss7It

My phone's battery drains quickly over night, I downloaded CPU Spy, but I dont really understand the results.

submitted by /u/Kolima25
[link] [comments]

Snapchat cache

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 01:17 PM PDT

Is there still a way to access the snapchat cache or are there any other ways to see old snaps.

My snapchat cache said that there was no data.

Edit: Typos

submitted by /u/_Creepter_
[link] [comments]

Galaxy S6 Odin Failed

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 12:36 PM PDT

I tried to flash SpaceX with odin, all was going well until fail, because the phone got randomly disconnected. Right now on the screen all it shows is 'An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC Software.' Can't go into download mode, Smart Switch is totally useless and I can't boot into download mode. Is my phone now a expensive paperweight or is there anything I can do (At this point I couldn't care if it wipes my data)

submitted by /u/dasbiz
[link] [comments]

Media audio is reverting to phone speaker while connected to my car over bluetooth

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 08:45 AM PDT

I've got an LG G3 running on stock 6.0 and a 2016 Mazda 3

Phone connects to phone/media audio. I can play whatever (although there's a second or 2 delay, normal?)

But every now and again the audio will suddenly stop coming out of the car and switch to the phone speaker. But it will still say it's connected over BT. If I disconnect and reconnect all is fixed.

Sometimes it's a minute after getting in the car, sometimes 30, sometimes not at all.

Ideas?

submitted by /u/OneOfDozens
[link] [comments]

How can I let Google now constantly track a package?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 12:04 PM PDT

The tracking number was received in an email and I searched for it a few times on my phone but Google is not adding a card with the current status.

submitted by /u/cryptonium
[link] [comments]

Change soft keys on rooted Nexus 6p

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 06:40 AM PDT

Is there anyway to change what happens when I single click or long press the soft keys on my 6p? I am rooted and have tried gravity box but it doesn't seem to work. I am also running resurrection rom and can't seem to find the options in the settings.

Any other way to be doing this?

Thanks

submitted by /u/arty1993
[link] [comments]

Separate notifications for each text message?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 03:14 PM PDT

Hi All,

Long time Android user here with a galaxy s7 edge and loving it but one thing has been endlessly bothering me. I haven't been able to figure out how to separate text message notifications on the lock screen and in the notification panel into individual notifications for each message.

When I get one message, it's perfect. It shows the sender and a preview of the content, but if I get any more messages from the same sender, it switches to '2 new messages'. It's annoying because I have to unlock my phone anytime I get more than one message to see the content. I wish it would show the preview content of each message and if there were many messages then i could scroll through them on the lock screen as it works on an iPhone.

I use easy screen turn on (awesome feature btw) so it's very convenient when I can wave my hand over my device to wake it and just glance at my lockscreen to see my messages.

I've googled this issue for a while and didn't run across a solution. Some suggested I pull down the notification which expands it but that only happens if two separate people have texted me then it shows a preview of the latest message from each person..

Any suggestions? Is this an issue for anyone else? I was surprised by how few threads there were about this issue. Perhaps i just suck at google..

submitted by /u/PaceFlant
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S4. I took some nudes of my wife to look at when i'm lonely and working, and I set them as private, and now I can't find them anywhere in the file structure.

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:54 PM PDT

They just released MM for my Note 4, but I'm already rooted on 5.1.1, what's the best way to update?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:48 PM PDT

Just noticed that Bell released the 6.0.1 update for my phone (at least I think Bell is BMC, since sammobile stopped displaying the carrier names I'm not sure anymore http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910W8/BMC/). How would I go about doing that? I'm assuming there's more to this update than software, they usually include stuff like radio/modem/bootloader firmware updates that I can't get by just using some custom MM build. So I have to install their update to get that. But I'm running 5.1.1, using some custom debloated version of COK3.

I've got lots of questions that I couldn't answer with my google-fu. Is the 6.0.1 build rootable? Does xposed work on it? Can I use Chainfire's Flashfire to update it? https://flashfire.chainfire.eu/ Or do I have to completely downgrade to stock to apply the OTA update? Chainfire's Flashfire says it won't work with a locked bootloader, but that only applies to Verizon Note 4's, right, not Bell? I'm pretty sure my bootloader is unlocked or I wouldn't have a rooted phone with a custom rom and recovery. And it says "things get tricky with a modified /system partition like if you're running xposed", which I am, so what does that mean for me?

Thanks for any help! I know a lot of these questions can be vaguely answered by google if I look hard enough, but I like to be absolutely sure of all the steps for my exact phone before I go do anything that could possibly hard-brick it.

submitted by /u/moeburn
[link] [comments]

Factory restored, still the same problem.

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:48 PM PDT

HTC m8 I had a problem with an error constantly popping up "unfortunately, .... has stopped" with a number of different apps.I was able to make it to app settings in the brief seconds between the error messages and clear the cache of google services app. The errors stopped until I tried to return to the home screen, I'd kept getting "unfortunately sense home has stopped". So managed to factory reset the phone and Im still getting similar errors.

Now I cant complete the phone setup process, keep getting "unfortunately google play has stopped".

Any help would be great!

submitted by /u/Mr_Miyaichi
[link] [comments]

Spoof Encryption Status

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:40 PM PDT

My work is enforcing us to get an app called MDM Agent to authorize our phones for E-Mail. This app checks Root and Encryption Status. My phone is rooted but i have an Xposed Module called RootCloak that bypasses this.

I tried to encrypt my phone through the app but it failed (because I am rooted). Is there a way to spoof my device's encryption status to make it seem like it is already encrypted?

submitted by /u/Albuyeh
[link] [comments]

Issues with Textra on S7 Edge

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:37 PM PDT

So apparently anyone with an S6 or above (anything that uses Advanced Messaging) is unable to send me messages if I'm using Textra, since it does not support the Advanced Messaging. Obviously I would rather use Textra, but I know enough people with Samsungs to where it's an issue.. Is there any way I can keep Textra as my default and still receive their messages without issue?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/j_like
[link] [comments]

Audio pauses randomly in all apps

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 10:50 AM PDT

I'll be playing something, then the audio will just stop. Typically I have to reopen the app (can't fix through a home screen widgit) to press the play/pause button a couple of times. Then it will play for a while, but then it'll do the same thing a few minutes later.

It happens in Spotify, Soundcloud and Pocket Casts with most recent updates. Youtube doesn't seem to have an issue.

I tried downloading podcasts instead, but the preloaded Google Music and Sound apps don't allow for multitasking.

It happens at home on Wifi, and out on data. I thought it was just the 2 apps until I bought Pocket Casts

.

.

.

help :[

submitted by /u/imwhatshesaid
[link] [comments]

New to Android - Adding app to Kurio

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:34 PM PDT

A couple years ago, we got my young son a Kurio tablet, but it's hardly ever been used. Lately I thought I'd try putting some books on it for him to read. While messing around with it, I accidentally deleted an app called Aldiko, which now I find out is a reader app. The app doesn't seem to be in the Kurio store anymore, and for some reason I can't even connect to the other stores on the tablet to check. It doesn't appear to have Google Play.

So I know absolutely nothing about Android. Is it possible to use my computer to download Aldiko somewhere and transfer/install it to the tablet?

Thank you for any help.

submitted by /u/Ochd12
[link] [comments]

Where can I download 4.4.2 firmware for a Verizon S5 that won't take 2 hours?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:33 PM PDT

I'm needing to root an S5. It's fresh from the factory, running 5.0. I'm downloading the 4.4.2 firmware from SamMobile but it's going to take around 2 hours to complete.

Is there any other site that doesn't require paid registration to get the firmware, or should I just let this one run?

submitted by /u/MohnJaddenPowers
[link] [comments]

LG Optimus l90 keeps crashing(even after resets/flashing stock)

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:14 PM PDT

I've had my lg Optimus for a very long time and it began to get very slow.

Certain apps began to not open at all, and eventually it crashed and got stuck on the lg startup screen with 'fastboot' shown on too I white letters.

Since, I've flashed stock kdz multiple times. It works fine perfectly for awhile, but after a day or two the home screen will begin to flash black and crash over and over, and eventually the phone reboots and gets stuck at the white T-Mobile screen.

Just last night, after get another flashing of stock ROM, it just crashes out of nowhere while on reddit and had to flash AGAIN.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to clear out gunk from the hard drive or something? I'm posting this in the assumption that phone will yet again crash tonight, though it's working perfectly at the moment.

submitted by /u/belovedquasar
[link] [comments]

Is it safe to post IMEI info?

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 02:14 PM PDT

Someone wants me to screenshot the entire information on the IMEI screen and I want to make sure nothing malicious can happen. Thanks. Screenshot of what would be included: http://i.imgur.com/RZGdNkJ.jpg

submitted by /u/aishel
[link] [comments]

Looking for a free android app that can control cheap RC helicopters by using my phone's IR blaster.

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 01:59 PM PDT

I have this RC helicopter that's missing it's controller. it uses an IR (infared controller) I am looking for an android app that will let me fly it via the IR blaster in my S4 mini. All the apps I've seen need a controller that plugs in the headphone jack. are there any apps for these things similar to a universal remote where I can fly using my phones ir emitter?

The heli in question: http://i.imgur.com/I7k62zb.jpg

submitted by /u/devicemodder
[link] [comments]

Looking for a photoshop-like app.

Posted: 01 Jun 2016 01:57 PM PDT

So I'm looking for a good app to use where you can edit pictures. Just an example, if I wanted to put a picture of my friends head on a different picture, and things like that. Basically being able to cut things from one image and paste to other images. Also to be able to add text to the images and what not.

I'm looking for something other than the photoshop app. To be honest, it seems a little too advanced for me. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Could you guys give me some suggestions please?

submitted by /u/Unidan_nadinU
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about How does factory reset work - advanced at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.