My nexus 6 is laggy, how do i solve this?

My nexus 6 is laggy, how do i solve this?


My nexus 6 is laggy, how do i solve this?

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:35 PM PDT

It's laggy since my 6.0 update..i think the best would be rooting+installing a custom rom, but i've never done this ? Do you guys have a light rom, stock like or an optimized one for the nexus 6 with a tutorial on how to install it?

I'm not new to computers in general, i just don't know how to install a custom rom

submitted by /u/Kywim
[link] [comments]

More notifications on lock screen

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:31 PM PDT

As the title states I am looking for a way to display more than the default number of notifications while my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0 is on the lock screen. I have SoundAbout which is constantly stickied there and it means that I can then only see one other notification. I have checked all my settings and also of Nova Launcher as I use that but have found nothing that can solve my issue. Hope you can help, thanks.

submitted by /u/ryanpcharlton17
[link] [comments]

SMS app that opens to a Map on addresses like iPhone

Posted: 27 May 2016 12:10 PM PDT

Samsung Note 3 - No SMS app I've tried will create a hyperlink on an Address like the iPhone does out of the box. This is super frustrating and something that should be easy to fix.

For example, if I get texted: 1707 w. Wrong way Tucson nothing happens. WIth the iPhone the string is turned into a hyperlink and touching it takes you to the map app that is default.

submitted by /u/monkmartinez
[link] [comments]

Why is my fingerprint not working?

Posted: 27 May 2016 07:59 AM PDT

Just updated to marshmellow 6.0.1 on um Samsung S6 and now my fingerprint is not working at all. It's always asking for my PIN instead. Anyone know ten fix?

submitted by /u/Shax_18
[link] [comments]

Does the S7 Edge have multitasking like the Note series does?

Posted: 27 May 2016 02:22 PM PDT

Where you can splitscreen different applications or make smaller windows over other windows?

submitted by /u/TeamAquaAdminMatt
[link] [comments]

Note 5 Overheated and wont turn on

Posted: 27 May 2016 08:18 AM PDT

Last night while plugged into its charger and on my desk the thing got blazing hot, by the time I woke up the thing was black screen. The only thing that tells me it isn't completely dead is the red LED light still chugging along at the top of the phone. So if anyone know whats going on with my cell phone Id be super grateful.

submitted by /u/Atlas2272
[link] [comments]

Should I allow Android apps to auto update for some, none, or all apps?

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:21 PM PDT

Should I allow Android apps to auto update for some, none, or all apps? On one hand I worry about changes involving added bloat during updates (like ES File Explorer) and worry that manufacturers like Samsung have an incentive to slow my device over time so I buy a new one. On the other hand I want minimize software vulnerabilities and have up to date security. What strategy would you recommend? What are the pros and cons? Thank you to those of you taking the time to respond and/or support another's position.

submitted by /u/tacoproject
[link] [comments]

Any app for Android that stabilises videos like Instagrams hyperlapse on iOS?

Posted: 27 May 2016 09:15 AM PDT

Phone cannot hold a charge anymore. Stuck in low battery percentage

Posted: 27 May 2016 12:52 PM PDT

I use a Samsung Vibrant AKA Galaxy I9000 variant. OS is CyanogenMod Android 4.2. Currently I have it plugged into the wall with a USB micro connector charger, and for the past two days I have not seen it stay charged higher than 30% battery life anymore. Yesterday I even turned it off and left it plugged overnight, and I turn it on to see 15% charged.

Right now I see my phone screen turned on, and it erratically goes from "connect charger" to "charging". Sometimes it drops capacity while it's charging! Is my battery getting too old or is it the USB micro plug that is wearing out? I know those micro plugs can be finicky as well.

submitted by /u/ccricers
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to disable screen rotation for only specific apps?

Posted: 27 May 2016 09:05 AM PDT

I am not a fan of my lockscreen or apps like Google Play Music switching to the landscape position whenever I hold my phone at an angle, however I still want to allow screen rotation for apps like Youtube or Chrome. Is there a way to select whether or not screen rotation is allowed for specific apps?

submitted by /u/FractionalFunction
[link] [comments]

Any ROM's that work with Hearthstone?

Posted: 27 May 2016 09:02 AM PDT

I currently am using CM 12.1 on my Tab S 8.4 (T700) and it doesn't work with Hearthstone. (Yes, I've gone into developer options and enabled 4X MSAA). Does anyone have a ROM that actually works with Hearthstone? Thanks!

submitted by /u/atech087
[link] [comments]

Huawei P9 verizon compatibility?

Posted: 27 May 2016 10:15 AM PDT

Hey friends,

Just cracked the screen on my Note 5, looking to replace it.

Really want the P9, but concerned about bands - I don't really understand that stuff as much as I wish I did.

If someone would help me out and look at bands/compatibility between the P9 and Verizon I'd be incredibly appreciative! I have pretty good 4g coverage typically but there is some 3g on my commute and I use my phone for (handsfree calls) through it very often, so I'd need a 3g band.

Thanks! I appreciate you!

submitted by /u/jurassicsloth
[link] [comments]

Meizu MX5 locked me out and there is no option to reset the password

Posted: 27 May 2016 10:12 AM PDT

I noticed that when the phone is in my pocket I manage somehow to call people, so I set a 9 digit password on the lockscreen, somehow the phone changed it to 6 digit one and I can't get in anymore, there is no reset button whatsoever like on samsungs devices.

things I've already tried :

  • I tried to do data factory reset in the bootup screen (power+volume) but it still requires the 6 digit password

  • I tried to do data factory reset in google android device manager, still the same problem it requires me to enter the password.

  • I tried to lock it, to change the password that way, but google android device manager says that I already have a password set on the phone so that isn't workng.

  • I tried to get the message to reset the password(allegedly I was supposed to get it after 15 attempts failing to get the password) and my phone apparently doesn't have that function, because never once a message has shown up asking if I have forgotten my password.

I don't know what to do next.

submitted by /u/Fogernaut
[link] [comments]

Why can't I disable the lock screen to Swipe or None anymore and how do I undo this Administration thing?

Posted: 27 May 2016 12:12 PM PDT

Samsung S6 from Verizon and it's almost 2 years old. I only lock my screen when I'm out in public and keep it on Swipe or None when at home. I tried to change it to Swipe and now the Swipe and None options are light gray and it says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."

I do have Lookout, but I don't have administration capabilites turned on for it.

How do I undo this?

submitted by /u/MereGirl
[link] [comments]

How to tell google which calendar to default to?

Posted: 27 May 2016 03:05 PM PDT

"Hey Google"

"Blip blip"

"Add to my calendar, tomorrow, 10am, wash the car"

"Alright, I've created the entry, are you sure you want to add it?"

"Yes"

"It's been added to you calendar"

checks calendar

IT'S NOT THERE

settings > manage calendars > enable all

IT SUDDENLY APPEARS but it's defaulted to my work email address, not my on device calendar (completely separate account).

How can I tell google which calendar to add events to? I only want to use the device calendar, nothing else. You'd think, it would automatically default there... but nooooooo, it's gotta be weird.

submitted by /u/themayker
[link] [comments]

What could be the best ROM to put on a Motorola Defy+ (MB526), to make it really snappy and fast?

Posted: 27 May 2016 02:54 PM PDT

I don't want it for daily usage, just something that will make the phone go really really fast for a couple general apps, like IDK, Telegram and a browser (currently using Speed from XDA Labs on all my phones, it's awesome in very way, just 2 MB).

Currently I have "Illusion" ROM v20130707-2320, running Android 4.2.2 It's OK but sometimes this lags a lot, and I just did a Factory Reset on this thing.

I remember using MIUI 2.3 with great results.

Opinions?

submitted by /u/GodlessInaneDude
[link] [comments]

Galaxy s5 has choppy transitions all of a sudden?

Posted: 27 May 2016 02:46 PM PDT

A few days ago I finally got the update notification for upgrading to Marshmallow. (I'm on T-Mobile btw.) I believe this was when the problem started.

Whenever I open or close an app, it doesn't do the nice transition where the app looks like it's starting to open from the bottom and enlarges until it takes up the whole screen. (That probably made no sense, just open any app on your phone and take note of how it opens, that's what I'm referring to.) Now, every time I open or close an app, it has no transition and feels really choppy.

This also happens when I'm unlocking my phone. When I press the sleep button while my phone is off, it does a nice fade effect, but when I put in my pass code, there's no transition, it just immediately shows me my homescreen.

I initially thought this was because the phone wanted to give me the illusion that I needed to upgrade, but even after I upgraded to Marshmallow, the problem persists, even if I restart my phone.

I haven't downloaded any new apps so that can't be the problem. (unless YouTube red is secretly the culprit lol) I also have 3gb internal storage left, so it can't be a memory problem either. Anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix this?

I can show a video of my phone opening and closing apps if anyone is confused.

submitted by /u/aly5321
[link] [comments]

Google Fit location/bike ride accuracy.

Posted: 27 May 2016 02:18 PM PDT

I took a bike ride with google fit running.

Screenshot of route

This is with a Tmo Galaxy S7 (all stock) with the current version of google fit with location tracking set to high accuracy in the app, and the phone has all location options on by default. All riding was either smooth and straight or stationary/waiting, so the jaggy-ness is not accurate at all.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing this? The guys I was riding with (some using different apps entirely) had much smoother pathing.

submitted by /u/popsicle_of_meat
[link] [comments]

Truecaller not working with N preview 3 on Nexus 6P?

Posted: 27 May 2016 02:14 PM PDT

After upgrading to the latest N dev preview I uninstalled Truecaller and have since reinstalled. The app asks me to "sign up" (no option to log back in) and after verifying my phone number the screen turns black and goes back to the welcome to truecaller screen.

I was just wondering if this is a known issue? Thanks for any help guys. I did try searching this sub but didn't find this issue. Sorry in advance if it has been posted somewhere!

submitted by /u/Amzypop
[link] [comments]

gpfree003.pw Chrome highjacked on android phone.

Posted: 26 May 2016 11:14 PM PDT

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub. Hey, So this morning I was on reddit/wiki/imgur when my google chrome was "highjacked" and took me to a Gpfree003.pw page, which was obvioulsy a phising page, I force closed my browser without clicking the "continue" option. Every time I tried to open chrome, It would go to that page. So I did a hard reset this morning, Everything seemed to be fine, I went to an imgur link, linked from a friend in Skype. and after being on imgur for ~10 seconds, it took me back to the gpfree003.pw, but now its not highjacking my browser, seems to be gone again. I've installed avast and kaspersky, both did not find anything, aswell as samsung/androids virus stuff. Is this happening to anyone else?

submitted by /u/Jubzington
[link] [comments]

Samsung Good Lock and Play Music widget problems.

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:55 PM PDT

I'm having problems with Good Lock and Play Music widget in the notification shade. It looks like this. I can't see the play/pause, next, previous, and track info. I can only see album art everything else is white.

I tried different themes and switched around all the colors and nothing has halped.

Edit: Found the fix. Go to Good Lock settings > Advanced Settings > Enable colored notification card.

submitted by /u/Skuzzle_butt
[link] [comments]

After picking up phone call screen does not go black.Samsung S7

Posted: 27 May 2016 09:50 AM PDT

So basically when i pick up a phone call my screen doesn't go black. So my guess is that i had my phone outside lets just say for a while and it was really hot and after that that thing happened. So could it be that my sensor is burned? or what should i do to fix it. As in title i use Samsung Galaxy S7

submitted by /u/latvianpanda
[link] [comments]

Why is the RAW option still greyed out in Samsung Camera App on my Galaxy S6 after Marshmallow update?

Posted: 27 May 2016 03:49 AM PDT

Sorry I'm new to Android and still learning a few things. I'd really like to shoot RAW in my upcoming trip on my S6. I tried installing Lightroom (which supports RAW) but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/operian
[link] [comments]

LG G3 Screen slow to respond

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:27 PM PDT

I have the D855 international model of the LG G3 and a couple of days ago the screen started to be unresponsive. Sometimes I have to tap multiple times to get the phone to open an app or type a letter on the keyboard, I have found though that holding my finger in the same place for a few seconds and then letting go will work most of the time. I had rooted the phone and it had been working fine for months. Since the problem started I have tried doing a factory reset on the phone and this tutorial to get it to stock marshmallow but it still had the same problem. Then I tried to get the phone back to stock firmware using this tutorial and when checking the version of the phone it would tell me that it was unable to recognize it. I have also tried messing with the accecibility settings and still no luck. The phone works great aside from this problem, at this point I'm thinking its a problem with the touch screen itself but would like to see if anyone has a fix for this before going to get it replaced.

submitted by /u/Merlos
[link] [comments]

New tablet (Galaxy Tab 4) charging slowly

Posted: 27 May 2016 01:15 PM PDT

So I just got this tablet yesterday, I have tried charging it with different chargers and it still charges slow as hell. Even my Samsung Galaxy S5 that is 15 months old charges faster even when using the same chargers. Is there anything wrong with my device?

submitted by /u/crackedegg1996
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about My nexus 6 is laggy, how do i solve this? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.