Saturday APPreciation (Jun 04 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Saturday APPreciation (Jun 04 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


Saturday APPreciation (Jun 04 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 04:02 AM PDT

Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


This weekly Saturday thread is for:
* App promotion,
* App praise/sharing


Rules:

1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

I found a really cool hidden feature in Google keep!

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 08:53 AM PDT

Floating window!

Its an activity called shareReceiverActivity. You can find it via Nova Launcher.

Its perfect even you want to quickly jot down something without going thru the whole process. Make it a shortcut on your pie controls!

submitted by /u/imeanthat
[link] [comments]

Context Matters: “Huawei Nexus” Confirmation May Have Been Grossly Misinterpreted

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 09:22 AM PDT

Xperia X Overheats and Stop Recording Video After Just 8 Minutes

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 01:19 AM PDT

Dear /r/ Android; what are your favorite apps? (that aren't games)

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 09:05 AM PDT

Or what you think are "must have" applications

submitted by /u/kindafuckingawsome
[link] [comments]

Cartography Comparison: Google Maps & Apple Maps

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 10:47 AM PDT

Google adds UEFA teams to Google Now in time for the tournament kick off on June 10th - Ausdroid

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 02:38 PM PDT

OnePlus designed a smartwatch but scrapped plans to release it

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 01:40 PM PDT

Night vision in a military tough smartphone, meet the gorgeous Lumigon T3

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 12:14 PM PDT

PSA: Blackview A5 is $50 with free shipping. 4.5", 854x480, MTK6580, Android 6.0, 1 GB RAM.

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 11:11 AM PDT

Evan Blass on Twitter: "First Project Tango phone (Google AR): 6.4", QHD Lenovo PHAB2 Pro."

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 05:54 PM PDT

Nextbit Apps Ported to All Android 6.0+ Devices

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 01:05 PM PDT

MotoMods - "Style Mod" pictures leak

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 03:21 AM PDT

LG Nexus 5x 16GB (australia) for $359

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 02:55 PM PDT

It would be great if the lens in my phone would automatically turn 90 degrees so I'll shoot horizontal videos even if I hold me phone vertically

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 12:53 AM PDT

How far fetch is this idea?

Could it be a setting similar to screen rotation on/off?

submitted by /u/ludberg
[link] [comments]

Moto G4 Plus review

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 02:40 PM PDT

PSA for UK bank account holders whose bank isn't part of Android Pay. [xpost from Android Pay]

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 03:37 PM PDT

I'm with Barclays, and although I'm very happy with them and have been using bPay for a while, I wanted to use Android Pay. Having used EE Cash on Tap and bPay, I wanted an account that would work in the same way. In particular, I didn't want any chance of having to pay bank charges. With most bank accounts if you go overdrawn then you have to pay charges; I wanted to avoid the possibility of this happening.

Sadly Barclays are not joining in with Android Pay. They, reportedly, are going their own way. That's fine, but they haven't got their act together yet. So I decided to find a solution.

The type of account I wanted was a basic bank account. This is an account that won't let you go overdrawn; if there aren't enough funds in the account then it declines payment. This suits me fine; I don't want £5 bank charges just because I forgot to check my balance before buying a McDonalds. The balance is never going to be more than about £30 anyway. I should point out that banks don't want you to use this kind of account. They'll tell you it's only for people with bad credit (mine is fine) or undischarged bankrupts (I've never even been to court). They'll tell you about all the benefits of a standard account (I already get that stuff). In fact they don't want you to use them because they don't make any money off you; there are no fees.

So I started looking into basic bank accounts. I spoke to Lloyds first. The staff at my local Lloyds are very nice, so I tried there first. Unfortunately they will only give you a basic account if you apply for a standard account and they refuse you. I was made to feel guilty simply because I know what I want, so I'm a little less happy with them now and I probably won't be going back there even if I want another standard account.

I spoke to Natwest, but they said their basic account doesn't work with Android Pay.

Then I called HSBC (I was getting sick of going into branches now, even though they're only round the corner). They said I could apply directly for a basic account and it would work with android Pay. Which was excellent news, but I have to say they don't make it easy.

I applied online. They were supposed to send me a letter asking me to send them some ID, but it didn't turn up. I called and made an appointment and showed them ID. My card turned up a few days later. I had to call them to set up telephone banking, then call again to set up internet banking, then register the card with Android Pay, then call yet again to verify the card. I'll probably be humming the HSBC hold music for days now.

But I just tested it, and it's working.

One point to remember; they tell me they're going to try and switch my account to a standard account, but I'll have the opportunity to decline the change. Have to remember to keep an eye out for that.

TL;DR - Can't use Barclays with Android Pay. Set up an HSBC basic account.

submitted by /u/totallytechie
[link] [comments]

how Android apps will run on your Chromebook - Google I/o

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 03:06 AM PDT

What are your predictions for Android in the next five years?

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 05:27 PM PDT

Samsung Gear Fit 2 hands-on

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 07:57 AM PDT

Post your homescreen and what phone you're using for inspiration to others!

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 06:05 PM PDT

My home screen isn't that special, but it's "me". I'm also using a Sony Xperia Z3.

http://m.imgur.com/nLFYgmp

submitted by /u/DexterP17
[link] [comments]

Which nexus phone should get "refreshed" with a hardware upgrade?

Posted: 03 Jun 2016 08:44 PM PDT

Finally! You can add pitstops on Google Maps!

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 11:23 AM PDT

Anyone else seeing this?!

https://imgur.com/si50lm8

submitted by /u/BezPH
[link] [comments]

ZUK Z2 scores more than 6 million registrations for its first sale

Posted: 04 Jun 2016 12:52 AM PDT

Thanks for reading my news about Saturday APPreciation (Jun 04 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread! at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.