Samsung Emoji sucks, how can I change them?!

Samsung Emoji sucks, how can I change them?!


Samsung Emoji sucks, how can I change them?!

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:55 PM PDT

The Samsung Emoji are very very very awful and low quality also they don't represent the actual represents that other emojis like Android stock does.
Is there any possible way to change them without root?! Or do I have to stick with those awful emojis?
Thank you Resistors.

submitted by /u/FadyM
[link] [comments]

For those of you that use Facebook Messenger as an SMS app, is there a way to merge SMS and regular message threads, like iMessage?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 02:46 PM PDT

Or do they have to be separated?

submitted by /u/CKyle22
[link] [comments]

Why is my Wells Fargo app allowed to pop open over other apps and how can I disable this?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:05 PM PDT

It's not a huge deal, only an annoyance. The WF app likes to pop up over whatever screen I'm currently reading or interacting with to tell me that I've been logged out.

Is there any way to disable this?

submitted by /u/E4wzG53uSD
[link] [comments]

My Interests app on Android taking up 8gb space

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 08:12 AM PDT

Hello everyone,

When I was sifting through the system apps on my Galaxy S7 (not rooted), I found an app called My Interests.

No idea what it was, so I googled. Apparently it's that one wallpaper or lock screen that displays varying photos and info? I never used that, nor do I even know how to find and use it. So what?

Well... I found out it was taking a whopping 8GB OF INTERNAL STORAGE. I thought that was ludricious and I proceeded to purge all data and cache from that app and disabled it for good.

Anyone heard about this happening before? I suggest checking your phones if you suspect your storage is being eaten up.

I am no app programmer but I theorized that maybe the app was bugged and was constantly downloading/storing photos and info to no end?

submitted by /u/carb0nxl
[link] [comments]

Nexus 4 is now useless. Instead of repairing it, I'm considering getting a new phone. Any advice? (x-post /r/Android)

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:17 PM PDT

Hi everyone. I've had my Nexus 4 for ~4 years now and a few weeks ago, after dropping it, the screen cracked and now it's unusable (first time this happened to me since I had it; chose not to put the extremely bulky phone case on my phone that day).

At the moment I'm stuck using an "Obama phone" but I'm considering getting a new phone instead of spending money repairing my old one.

Here's what I'm looking for:

  • little to no bloatware

  • preferably smaller than the N4(I've grown to hate big phones)

  • Rootable and is supported by CyanogenMod

  • decent battery life

  • (relatively) inexpensive

  • T-Mobile carrier

I also want a phone that'll last me 3-4 years(not the type of person to frequently upgrade... plus I can't afford to)

Does such a phone exist?

submitted by /u/rondonfan
[link] [comments]

Is it safe to use lucky patcher on a non rooted pbone?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 03:22 PM PDT

I mostly want to use it to get Knapp purchases

submitted by /u/jacobstrouble
[link] [comments]

Can't open download manager? CM13 LG G4.

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 03:16 PM PDT

Hey there, recently I was downloading something, figured it won't be as effective to do it from my phone so I went to my file manager and deleted my file, that's what I usually did with my nexus 5 and had absolutely no issues with it. Now, the download manager notification won't go away that a file has been paused downloading and I cannot open the Downloads application. It just does not work, closes down directly after an attempt of opening. I've tried disabling the app, force stopping it, clearing data and cache and still have come to no conclusion.

If there's really nothing more I can do about it then I'll most likely flash CM13 and Gapps again. I just want to make sure that it's entirely fixable/unfixable before I undertake any actions.

Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/RSmake
[link] [comments]

My Moto G 1st gen stopped reading flash drives.

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 03:11 PM PDT

My phone read flash drives just fine for months. Then all of a sudden, it stopped reading them. I looked storage and file manager apps. Nothing. I've tried several other flash drives. Nothing. I've tried Googling the problem. Nothing. I've tried doing a factory restore. Nothing.

This is getting very frustrating, because I have no SD card slot. I plugged in an Xbox 360 controller thru the OTG cable I have, it worked fine. So I'm convinced that the powers that be released a patch for moto G phones recently that disabled the ability to read flash drives, even thru OTG cables. Or am I crazy?

Edit: I forgot, when I connect my Moto G to my desktop, it works just fine as media storage.

submitted by /u/koopacreepa
[link] [comments]

Can't find any help on Google or by searching android subs.

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 03:10 PM PDT

what is br.org.sidi? I have 2 things in my permissions screen that both start with br.org.sidi and end with hightech.home and hightech.appicon I have no idea what they are. Any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/explosionsexplosions
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy Light keeps restarting

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 03:06 PM PDT

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH-T399). A few days ago, during an update, it started to restart itself in an endless loop until the battery runs out. This had happened another time, in which I did a factory reset and wipe cache partition. I thought I could do it again this time, but the phone restarts before I can select either of those options (using power, home, and volume up).

The only way for it to stop is for the battery to run out or be removed. The second a battery is put in, the phone starts up without the power turning on. I have tried opening up the phone itself and fiddling with it to see if there way anything obviously wrong (button sticking, etc.), and there wasn't.

I know it is not a battery issue, because I have two batteries and they both did the same thing. Any help here before I give up and get a new phone would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/ElectrosMilkshake
[link] [comments]

Why can't I charge today's smartphones with removable battery when the battery is removed?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 02:57 PM PDT

Remember in the good old days around the time of the Nokia 3310 leadership? Yeah? Cool, a bit of time after that. I don't remember the model but I had phone with a similar design with color display. I could remove the battery, plug in the charger and the phone would turn on and work. Why can't newer smartphones with removable battery do that?

submitted by /u/ImStillDebatin
[link] [comments]

Encrypting and Wiping Data

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 02:55 PM PDT

I just recently got a replacement phone through HTC's Uh Oh program. I wanted to make sure all the data was gone from it so I decided to do a factory reset, only to learn after that I should have first encrypted the data. I am thinking the next best course of action would be to fill the phone full of useless data, encrypt, then wipe. Would you guys recommend that?

submitted by /u/trap_it_may_be
[link] [comments]

Emails re-appearing

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 12:31 PM PDT

Hi Guys! I have a very very annoying issue I wanted to ask everyone about to see if there's a way to resolve it. The issue i'm having is when i delete mail in Gmail 5 seconds later it will re-appear like I never deleted it! I have my Hotmail account setup in the Gmail app. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android Marshmallow v6.0.1 Someone please help as this drives me up the wall!!!

submitted by /u/arsenalboy01
[link] [comments]

Since its last update Chrome now saves your current tab(s) when you close the browser. Can this be disabled?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 10:55 AM PDT

What to do about IMEI number when buying a phone online?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:54 PM PDT

I typically buy phones directly from Verizon, but my contract expired and I'm in the market for an S5, somewhere in the range of $150-$250. I heard from a Verizon rep that I should make sure that the S5 I'm buying has an IMEI number but I never see it in the description, so do I have to purchase it first? Maybe contact the user? Thanks

submitted by /u/TheHarpoMarxist
[link] [comments]

Assign app to a different Google Play account without reinstalling

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 11:38 AM PDT

I downloaded an app, spent a lot of time tweaking it and I like it. I want to purchase the pro upgrade but unfortunately realized that the app was downloaded using wrong account (work).

I would like to purchase the upgrade using my own account. How can I assign the app to my account without removing the app from my device, and redownloading using proper account?

When I uninstall all settings will be gone , the app does not appear to allow saving settings to a file.

I'm on android 6. Is it possible?

submitted by /u/wentyl
[link] [comments]

Trying to access files on Nexus 6 (not rooted) with a broken screen

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:41 PM PDT

Hey guys, I've done a little research, and I'm 99% certain I'm fucked, but I wanted to make a last ditch effort here to save some finals. My dumb ass left my phone on the top of my car last night and drove off. Found it, and it still works in the sense that it's on, but the screen is absolutely unusable. Completely black, and I'm pretty positive the touchscreen doesn't work (although it's tough to prove that considering I can't see anything on it).

Anyway, I backed up most of it, but there are a few audio files that I recorded on there in a jam last week for work, and I'd really like to get those back. I figured it was hopeless, but I plugged the phone into my PC just to see if by some miracle I could access the files.

To my delight, when I connected tot he computer, it popped up! But to my chagrin, when I enter the folder. It's completely empty. I assume this is because the phone is not in MTP mode, and considering I can't use the screen, I'm also assuming I don't have any way of fixing that.

So does anybody have any ideas on how I can access these files? Or is this one a lost cause?

submitted by /u/SilentBobsBeard
[link] [comments]

Messenger now has huge notifications that cover the top of my screen when someone messages me.

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 11:26 AM PDT

So apparently Facebook Messenger just auto updated last night, and now whenever someone messages me it shows a huge rectangle with the message info that covers the top half of my screen. I can't find any settings short of just completely disabling notifications that seem to fix this. Does anyone know if there's a setting or something for this?

submitted by /u/Only_One_Left_Foot
[link] [comments]

S7 vs S7 edge durability? (mountain biking...)

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:27 PM PDT

I'm currently on the S5 and it's been a great phone but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and has suffered a bit (had to replace the screen at one point, didn't do a great job).

I'm looking to replace with either the S7 or the S7 edge but am worried about durability. I mountain bike on a daily basis, and like to bring my phone in case I'd need to call 911 for myself or another person (which, thankfully) has never needed to happen. I also like to track my rides with strava and to be able to take photos. With either, I'd be using a screen protector and case but I am afraid of breaking the phone, especially the glass back. the S5 held up pretty well inside a case and in a plastic bag (except for one time when I smacked it with my saddle and broke the screen in my jersey pocket). Any help would be great. I'm currently leaning towards the non-edge as I suspect the screen would be sturdier.

submitted by /u/sodium_azide
[link] [comments]

How do I make home screen on Xperia Z3+ auto rotate?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:19 PM PDT

I have auto-rotate turned on in the Display settings and that works fine in apps (including the Settings app itself). But the home screen doesn't auto rotate.

I've tried googling it but the only results I can find seem to relate to an older version of the home screen. The home screen does have its own settings (which I can access by holding down on an empty part of the home screen), but there's no rotation options in there. It says the version is 10.0.A.0.8.

Anyone know where the relevant setting has gone? Looks like it has been changed since previous versions of the home screen.

submitted by /u/Psyk60
[link] [comments]

Why does screen take input despite proximity sensor? Why only block input during calls? Can this be altered?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 09:21 AM PDT

LG G4 marshmallow here. If my phone is on in my pocket it can accept touch input. That seems crazy.

Can you help me disable touch input while proximity is triggered?

  • Aside: Can anybody think of a reason to allow input inside a pocket?

http://sfist.com/2015/10/05/one_third_of_911_calls_in_sf_are_bu.php (couldn't find national numbers)

So this is an expensive problem that could easily be fixed by treating all phone situations like calls.

Apps that need to ignore proximity (camera, games, music apps, etc) could switch it off temporarily.

A phone that wakes up should never accept touch input while proximity is triggered.

submitted by /u/destinoobstar
[link] [comments]

Are blackphones still encrypted if used with a carrier like straight talk?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:05 PM PDT

Can I install any version of TWRP onto marshmallow?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 01:04 PM PDT

Hi everyone, I just got a Note 4 and I wanted to flash a custom recovery. It's been a while since I flashed one, and I'm just double checking: does it matter what android version I have when flashing a recovery?

I know it matters what model version I have, but what about the android version? Because I'm seeing a lot of tutorials saying "how to flash custom recovery on lollipop" and none for marshmallow. But from what I remember it doesn't matter what version you're using.

Basically I'm asking: If I flash the newest version of TWRP for my phone model via Odin, will it matter that my phone is on Marshmallow? Is TWRP just generic for all android versions?

submitted by /u/PotatoManPerson
[link] [comments]

What are these images that want to upload when I plug my s7 edge in to my computer?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 09:17 AM PDT

I can not find where these thumbnails come from, but there can be anywhere from 10-200 at any given time. I just want to upload my camera roll, but constantly have to sift through this spam.

http://imgur.com/Ze9mjUb

submitted by /u/garaging
[link] [comments]

How to keep gs6 phone screen clean ish?

Posted: 10 Jun 2016 09:12 AM PDT

I work in a construction style industry and my phone screen is constantly dirty. I have a basic rubber case. Don't want an otterbox cause of the bulk. I have to wipe my screen off every 10 minutes cause of fingerprints so bad I can barely see the screen. I use the calculator very frequently.

Is there some way to maintain a decent level of visibility? I'd prefer to avoid screen protectors if possible. I find it silly to invest in a phone with such an amazing display only to put plastic crap in front of it. Thinking maybe a spray like rain-x might work? but I don't want to hurt anything.

submitted by /u/themayker
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Samsung Emoji sucks, how can I change them?! at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.