Is there a rom that starts minimal, but allows you to install all of the features that you want?

Is there a rom that starts minimal, but allows you to install all of the features that you want?


Is there a rom that starts minimal, but allows you to install all of the features that you want?

Posted: 29 May 2016 09:19 AM PDT

What I'm looking for is a rom that starts with a limited feature set, and allows you to install features through xposed or another module manager so you can get all of the functionality and customizability you want, and none of the features you don't.

Edit: I'm using a Nexus 6 currently on the Android N dev preview.

submitted by /u/Artillect
[link] [comments]

Am dumb, but still would like to automate wifi/data on/off

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:33 PM PDT

WalMart level end user here

LG G4 Tmobile

Read many glowing reviews of Tasker, bought it, realized I do not possess enough understanding to do anything at all. Ditto Automate.

Motorola used to have an app, which only exists on old Moto phones at this point, called Smart Actions. I was able to get exactly what I wanted.

Yes, English is my first language. Thinking about going back to a dumb phone and spending my free time griping about "kids these days" and saying stuff like "back in My day..."

submitted by /u/MeadowlarkLemming
[link] [comments]

How can I stop Drive and Docs from taking so much (~100mb) of my storage???

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:02 PM PDT

Also, what's the right way to word that?

Edit: Drive is taking ~200, and Docs of just a big app.

Update: "cache size is set to 50mb," yet somehow, when I cleared the cache from in the app, 86mb of app days was cleared. How is this possible?

The app is now using 109mb for data, anyway.

submitted by /u/Virgoretti6
[link] [comments]

Sprint customers with Google Voice, is it possible to transfer the Sprint Google Voice number to another Google Account?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:09 PM PDT

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/3527591?hl=en&rd=1

According to this (hopefully outdated) help page on Google, it isn't possible. I just want to have all of my data on one Google Account so I don't have to hop between different accounts for different things. I'd like to be able to use the same phone number (from Sprint) with Google Voice on a different Google Account than my existing Google Account.

Could a rep at a Sprint store help with this? Has anyone done this?

submitted by /u/DOCTOR_MAXIS
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini battery replacement?

Posted: 29 May 2016 11:56 AM PDT

Hello, My mother's S3 mini battery has become really shitty. Now I'm looking for a replacement for her, but I'm not sure wether I should buy a new original one or a third party one with bigger capacity. If you are recommending a third party one, what brand/item would you recommend? The main point is that it has to be trustworthy. Greetings, Pascal

submitted by /u/pascal1888
[link] [comments]

What to do if android lags even if it has good hardware?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:01 PM PDT

My device lags , stutter sand is unsmooth in many animations and in scrolling almost eveywhere. 3gb ram , 1.3GHz MTK6753 Octa core processor. There is no RAM deficiency .Already cleaned cache. Already tried factory reset , rooting , reflash stock rom ,mods like L SPEED And ABS tweak . i have even tried custom ROMS ....UI is smooth in them but scrolling always stutters in third party apps. Plz don't suggest tobuy new phone. Any help would be appreciated. I would gladly provide any other info that you need.

submitted by /u/sarveshj
[link] [comments]

Xperia z3 bad bad wake lock after marshmallow

Posted: 29 May 2016 11:09 AM PDT

After upgrading to marshmallow I've been getting awful wake lock from Google play services. Any help is greatly appreciated http://imgur.com/a/0niRE

submitted by /u/zaderade
[link] [comments]

Apps and settings missing!

Posted: 29 May 2016 01:16 PM PDT

So i just checked my Samsung S7 phone and the screen had gone grayscale, all the apps have dissapeared although the links are still on the homepage but with the android logo(app isnt installed message). Most settings have dissapeared only 7 settings options remain such as wifi, bluetooth & location. I've tried safe mode and still nothing... My network's help desk is now closed so any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/UKTommy
[link] [comments]

Airdrop with iPhone users

Posted: 29 May 2016 07:55 AM PDT

As the title implies, my family is on iOS and uses airdrop to share photos. I am on Android(Nexus 6p DP3) and i want in on the sharing. Any apps or methods to get in on the airdrop game?

submitted by /u/mw9676
[link] [comments]

Google play gift card not redeeming

Posted: 29 May 2016 09:59 AM PDT

I got a Google play gift card but when I type the code, I recieve the following error message:

Error redeeming code. Error code: BM-RGCH-06

I did some looking around and saw that this problem has happened before. I cleared cache and data for the Google play store app but I still get the error.

Anyone know what this is or how to go about fixing it? Thanks.

submitted by /u/fluffyferris5
[link] [comments]

Managing Hangouts Photos?

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:10 PM PDT

On my PC, I can go to Hangouts, click an image, and view all the images that have been sent back and forth. Is there a way to do this on my phone? I've found Picasa Tool, but that only allows me to view the images I've sent. I'm trying to manage a chat in which we've sent well over 1,000 images back and forth. Thanks!

submitted by /u/PokemonTotalWar
[link] [comments]

Contacts..... Sigh

Posted: 29 May 2016 04:38 AM PDT

Why is contacts so complicated? I am trying to organise all my contacts to two places. My sim (in case I need to use a iPhone or whatever some day) and google for cross device ease of use. Its easy to do that part, copy all to one place then copy again BUT I want to create new contacts under google and I just can't. I have googled and failed to find a solution. How do I change my new contacts from being created under phone to sim or google (I assume they will sync and create copies or is that not a thing?).

Also is it possible to automatically merge contacts so that Abby (sim) and Abby (goggle) just become one contact?

Am I making this all too complicated ??

Please any advice would be great!

submitted by /u/Waimang_NINJA
[link] [comments]

Already running 6.0.1 on my gs5, can I root my phone?

Posted: 29 May 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Hello everyone, this is my first attempt at rooting my phone. I already have marshmallow running on my s5 but I still would like to be able to get rid of bloatware and enjoy other benefits of rooting. I cannot seem to find a tutorial on how to root this phone if it is already running 6.0.1 and I'm hesitant to try it using a guide meant for phones running lollipop.

Can anyone help me with this? Specifically I have an sm-g900T with t-mobile. Apologies if this is a dumb question, as I said I've never done this before. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Tamarindpaste
[link] [comments]

Rooting a Nexus 5, have some questions

Posted: 29 May 2016 10:46 AM PDT

My nephew wants me to root his Nexus 5, I've rooted a lot of phones before but I always like to make sure I've got the right steps in order before I do it.

The online guides are all for rooting from 6.0 Android, he's running 6.0.1 with a different build number, is it any different?

The guides also keep talking about installing a custom kernel, but at least one of them said you don't need a custom kernel for root, so why do they all include it in the instructions?

So all I do is download this TWRP:

https://dl.twrp.me/hammerhead/

Flash it using ADB from my PC, then use TWRP to install SuperSU, and that's it? Or do I have to install a custom rooted ROM? Does he have to wipe the phone?

Thanks for any answers!

submitted by /u/moeburn
[link] [comments]

Google Keep app

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:20 PM PDT

So I use Google Keep to sync all of my notes, but I cannot understand what the archive function does. Could anyone explain it?

I thought archived notes cannot be edited, but they can.

submitted by /u/H1313303
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know of a usb c power bank with speakers?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:18 PM PDT

I have a nexus 5x and it'd be good for me and the lads at work.

submitted by /u/aha2095
[link] [comments]

Delete left over files and folders?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:17 PM PDT

Is there a way to delete the files and folders left after I uninstalled some applications?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/KruSion
[link] [comments]

Anyone tried going GApps-less?

Posted: 29 May 2016 02:02 PM PDT

I want to try going without GApps for battery life and the fact Google is blocked where I'm headed to. Any special programs I need to install or anything?

submitted by /u/PM_ME_DICK_PICTURES
[link] [comments]

Holding volume buttons to skip tracks

Posted: 29 May 2016 01:38 PM PDT

i have a quick question. is it possible to enable holding volume control to skip tracks while the phone is unlocked. i will be using my phone as a navigation+Dashcam+music player in the car. but i cant skip tracks while my phone is unlocked for my navigation/dashcam

submitted by /u/vinootje
[link] [comments]

Google play Error Code: -18

Posted: 29 May 2016 01:27 PM PDT

My grandmother is trying to download some apps and every time she tries to install one it gives her a Error Code: -18. I have tried restarting, clearing the cache, and i cant find a solution. she has a 32Gb sd card in the device and there is almost 2 Gb of free system memory. any solutions?

submitted by /u/technocolor123
[link] [comments]

Phone loops on "Optimising apps". How do I disable the encryption so that I can mount /data and factory reset? (details inside)

Posted: 29 May 2016 01:15 PM PDT

Its a Galaxy S3 running modified cyanogenmod with android being on 5.1.1 I believe.

So, a while ago my phone shut down and refused to boot properly. While I still had liveboot working I managed to gather that for some reason it tried assigning new ID to packages (every single one of them), refreshing certificates and one other thing but then failed at every step because the file already existed. This, I assume is the same point where optimising apps hangs at.

Problem is, I had encryption enabled. Now, while the phone boots up to the screen where I enter the pin to unlock the phone, it DOES hang at optimising apps so I cannot access settings to disable the encryption so I could access /data in recovery and wipe it. Tried mounting and wiping data in recovery - nothing. Tried factory reset in recovery and it resulted in the same thing. Tried complete wipe while reflashing - no results. Pretty much the last things I can think of are ADB magic or something in Odin but I doubt that.

So I assume I have to get rid of the encryption to reset my phone, get rid of all packages so it stops looping and then reflash - but how do I manage the first step? Or, if the encryption doesn't stop me from accessing /data but something else is - how do I fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Ravelair
[link] [comments]

Rooted Nexus 6 Android N NPD35K Issues

Posted: 29 May 2016 01:06 PM PDT

I've been trying to root my Nexus to get access to PS4 remote play and add the cast feature for my Samsung TV. I've managed to root it and checked that I'm rooted using root checker and terminal.

However, having rooted I still cannot edit anything whatsoever. I need to edit build.prop for the screen casting but can't save it, only read. I don't know if there is a master read/write permission for root somewhere? Still pretty inexperienced with rooting.

Would really appreciate if someone could help, I'm pulling my hair out!

submitted by /u/curiousbuddha
[link] [comments]

How to root htc desire 625?

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:59 PM PDT

No pc required please

submitted by /u/allanio23
[link] [comments]

Retrieving data from dead Galaxy S4

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:54 PM PDT

I have an S4 that died recently (battery began losing charge like no one's business then heated up while charging with different battery). Luckily most of its data was on an external SD card. I have contacts I'd like to retrieve still on the phone. It doesn't power on even with a fresh battery. Is there any way to access the phone without power?

submitted by /u/Gutbucket1968
[link] [comments]

Doze not working?

Posted: 29 May 2016 12:50 AM PDT

Hey guys,

So I got my Nexus 6P lately, everything is working fine except doze mode, I'm running the latest Android version with the latest security patch.

Here is a screenshot. I was getting to bed at around 0:30 and woke up at 8:00am. It should be a straight line right? I've checked the battery optimising settings and all the apps are set on optimising. Also no weird app use since last full charge. Can somebody help me with this?

http://i.imgur.com/4F4f8lZ.png

submitted by /u/Cyaas
[link] [comments]
Thanks for reading my news about Is there a rom that starts minimal, but allows you to install all of the features that you want? at my blog Custom Droid Rom if you want too share this article, please put the resource, and if you think this article is very usefully dont forget to bookmark this site with CTRL + D on your keyboard to web browser.

New and Hot Article's :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.